Are we too good to go down?

Dr Gloom

Is everyone renewing next year? I'm seriously considering not doing it, simply because I just don't really enjoy going anymore, and the sense of going out of duty has long since waned. Basically getting my excuses in before relegation tbh.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read that MA's net worth is down to 700m or summat. :(

:razz: but it's down a significant amount so it could well be, of course most of that is theoretical rather than actual losses as it's about share price (although he's run up some pretty massive direct losses too). Still I imagine he's feeling a lot less wealthy never the less. Money_0021.gif

Is everyone renewing next year? I'm seriously considering not doing it, simply because I just don't really enjoy going anymore, and the sense of going out of duty has long since waned. Basically getting my excuses in before relegation tbh.

I think if we went down I would try to get to more games just because it would be cheaper and the frustration would mean we would sing more.

Or I would probably get a season ticket.

If we got relegated or stopped up and there was some sort of new dawn in the summer I would probably renew. But handing more cash over to Ashley? Fuck that. We haven't heard a peep from the cheeky wanker in months.

Edited by Gemmill

I think if we went down I would try to get to more games just because it would be cheaper and the frustration would mean we would sing more.

Or I would probably get a season ticket.

I doubt there would be much more singing. Probably not even a huge drop in prices.

A small part of me actually looks forward to the day we go down.

Saturday afternoon at 3pm every week rather than 8 times a season. More games. A better class of supporter. Jumpers for goalposts...

`

No chance of that. We will just see more lunchtime kick offs on Saturdays and Sundays and probably a fair few Saturday tea-time matches too.

Sky would give us loads of TV coverage.

Only really go for craic now. The standard of football since Robson was sacked has been a disgrace and just keeps getting worse. I know I will renew though. I couldn't stand being stuck with wor lass and her mother every Saturday afternoon when there's a match on. Even if it is against MK Dons.

Saturday afternoon at 3pm every week rather than 8 times a season. More games. A better class of supporter. Jumpers for goalposts...

I think it's a sickening situation to the extent I'm already contemplating the benefits of going down. The only one I can see is it will get rid of the moaners, and the pricing levels will make it easier for local people. It would be interesting to see how many out of town fans come and watch us in the Championship.

`

No chance of that. We will just see more lunchtime kick offs on Saturdays and Sundays and probably a fair few Saturday tea-time matches too.

Sky would give us loads of TV coverage.

In our promotion season we must have been live on ITV at least 15 maybe even 20 times, completely unprecedented then or now.

I think it's a sickening situation to the extent I'm already contemplating the benefits of going down. The only one I can see is it will get rid of the moaners, and the pricing levels will make it easier for local people. It would be interesting to see how many out of town fans come and watch us in the Championship.

There's a thread.

A chance of getting the Mackems in the the play-off and redressing the balance.

Level 7 closed and the players could actually hear an atmosphere.

Craig David would move off St James' doorstep.

Chance of competing at the top end of the league.

More happy Saturdays than miserable ones.

Ameobi might fancy a move.

Dishing out cup upsets rather than slipping on bananna skins.

There's a thread.

A chance of getting the Mackems in the the play-off and redressing the balance.

Level 7 closed and the players could actually hear an atmosphere.

Craig David would move off St James' doorstep.

Chance of competing at the top end of the league.

More happy Saturdays than miserable ones.

Ameobi might fancy a move.

Dishing out cup upsets rather than slipping on bananna skins.

You wouldn't hear a mackem accent

Danny B might fuck off and leave us alone

The Wigan match cost us 1000 euros in total, they're about as glamorous as Soton, Ipswich, Palace etc. I'd not get up anymore but dont think it would be much less.