Installin Sopcast on Mac OS X

ChezGiven

Alright, bit of help needed, want to try and install sopcast on my mac. Got some instructions from the Apple support website. Any pointers would be appreciated.

You will first need to download "Crossover"

Once installed, open the program and install internet explorer 6 (the programme automates this process for you)

Then go to the Microsoft website and download the .exe file for Media player 7.

Open crossover again and select "install unsupported application" - browser to the media player 7 .exe and install

Return to microsoft and download media player 9 and repeat the steps above.

Finally download sopcast .exe file from the sopcast site and install as above.

Sopcast can now be run from the applications folder!

I've already got WMP v 9 installed so following the instructions above, do you think i just need to install Crossover, IE6 then open Crossover to install WMP 9? Which would ignore the WMP7 bit and the installation of WMP9? It may sound like a stupid question, i just dont know if the instructions assume as a mac user you dont have WMP.

Alright, bit of help needed, want to try and install sopcast on my mac. Got some instructions from the Apple support website. Any pointers would be appreciated.

You will first need to download "Crossover"

Once installed, open the program and install internet explorer 6 (the programme automates this process for you)

Then go to the Microsoft website and download the .exe file for Media player 7.

Open crossover again and select "install unsupported application" - browser to the media player 7 .exe and install

Return to microsoft and download media player 9 and repeat the steps above.

Finally download sopcast .exe file from the sopcast site and install as above.

Sopcast can now be run from the applications folder!

I've already got WMP v 9 installed so following the instructions above, do you think i just need to install Crossover, IE6 then open Crossover to install WMP 9? Which would ignore the WMP7 bit and the installation of WMP9? It may sound like a stupid question, i just dont know if the instructions assume as a mac user you dont have WMP.

It's strange, but maybe there is something in WMP7 it needs that doesn't come with a fresh WMP9 install. No reason you can't just try it as is then do it their way..... or you could just go for the linux version.