Judges

wykikitoon

Are these people who pass sentances on the same planet as me and thee?

I ask because after the bloke who killed the father and son whilst twice over the drink drive limit, whilst wanking off only got 8 years, when he could of got two 14 year sentances (1 per victim).

OR

Are they under pressure to keep people out of prison?

Surley these judges have family etc, I would find it extremly difficult keeping my emotions at bay when certain evidance is read out and I would throw the book at most people. This fucking country needs it, were too fucking soft man.

That bastard deserves to fucking rot in prison yet hell be out in 5 :razz:

Theres still a perception of driving crimes as not really bad - that's the problem. I argued that imo Tony Adams was more of a moral liability for a football club than Joey Barton because repeated drink driving to the level he did it was serial attempted murder. The general acceptance of drink driving and speeding sickens me.

Theres still a perception of driving crimes as not really bad - that's the problem. I argued that imo Tony Adams was more of a moral liability for a football club than Joey Barton because repeated drink driving to the level he did it was serial attempted murder. The general acceptance of drink driving and speeding sickens me.

Likewise.

I unfortunatley have seen at first hand what happens to a family when someone is killed by a drink driver, its fucking terrible!

Speeding in particular is just seen as a bit of a laugh.

I don't know that is its, but "speeding" is a very wide area.

Doing 80 or even 90 on a quiet motorway isn't ever much of an issue in crashes (and the speed limit for motorways should be 80mph anyway). Doing 30 on a motorway would be lethal however (as would be tailgating, driving too fast for fog, rain or heavy traffic).

Doing 120mph is pretty dangerous on anything but a dead quiet motorway (only you basically) when you are sober (never mind pissed and :razz: ).

Doing 50 in a 30 zone is very dangerous (I've seen people do up to and exceeding 80mph in a 30 zone) - although most of the vehicles I've ever seen doing this are police vehicles (as was the last person I saw talking on a mobile phone whilst driving in heavy traffic).

In the case of this driver it's probably mainly because he pleaded guilty (which is such a cheat because it gives anyone that has a certain conviction a relatively easy "out"), combined with a woolly judge and the current prison situation.

Doing 80 or even 90 on a quiet motorway isn't ever much of an issue in crashes (and the speed limit for motorways should be 80mph anyway). Doing 30 on a motorway would be lethal however (as would be tailgating, driving too fast for fog, rain or heavy traffic).

Doing 120mph is pretty dangerous on anything but a dead quiet motorway (only you basically) when you are sober (never mind pissed and :razz: ).

Doing 50 in a 30 zone is very dangerous (I've seen people do up to and exceeding 80mph in a 30 zone) - although most of the vehicles I've ever seen doing this are police vehicles (as was the last person I saw talking on a mobile phone whilst driving in heavy traffic).

In the case of this driver it's probably mainly because he pleaded guilty (which is such a cheat because it gives anyone that has a certain conviction a relatively easy "out"), combined with a woolly judge and the current prison situation.

If a guilty plea is to be entered pre-trial, the accussed has the right to ask the judge what sentence they face before finalising their plea!!!!!

fucking ridiculous-The rights of the perpetrator far outweigh the rights of the victim.

If a guilty plea is to be entered pre-trial, the accussed has the right to ask the judge what sentence they face before finalising their plea!!!!!

fucking ridiculous-The rights of the perpetrator far outweigh the rights of the victim.

If there was no incentive to plead guilty, no one would ever do it.

If there was no incentive to plead guilty, no one would ever do it.

Maybe they should reverse the logic - 8 years for guilty and say 12 for a not guilty - I'd have two levels - genuine doubt and taking the piss (see Doctor/terrorists for the latter).

Killer driver's sentence doubled

A driver responsible for a crash on Tyneside in which his friend was killed has had his sentence doubled.

Dane Naylor, 33, died when he was thrown from the vehicle as it left the Coast Road near Wallsend in January.

Daltery Pearson, 29, was jailed for five years in October for causing death by dangerous driving and driving with excess alcohol.

The Court of Appeal ruled that the sentence was too lenient and increased it to 10 years.

Pearson, of Cowpen in Northumberland, had never taken a driving test and was twice the legal limit when he set off to drive home after watching a televised football match in Newcastle.

'Prolonged, shocking'

He lost control on the Coast Road at Wallsend as he overtook another vehicle.

The car collided with pedestrian barriers, mounted a grass verge and crashed into a lamppost.

Mr Naylor, of Backworth, North Tyneside, whose partner gave birth to their son four months after the crash, died from multiple injuries.

The Lord Chief Justice said it was a "prolonged, shocking piece of aggressive driving by a drunk driver" and it was a "case of the highest culpability".

He ruled that the five years was "unduly lenient and seriously so".

The ruling was welcomed by Northumbria Police.

Sergeant Ian Dey said: "We are very pleased that this sentence has been doubled by the Court of Appeal.

"It sends a clear message to people who drive while under the influence of drink and cause a fatal collision that they can expect a lengthy custodial sentence."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/7773749.stm

^ I hate to say it but getting into the car with that driver takes some blame in my view.

I don't have any sympathy for someone (over the age of 15ish anyway) that gets into a car with someone they know is drunk, it's their own fault.

Not saying the driver shouldn't be held responsible, but it's a bit like when they show the grieving families of people killed in the back of a car (stolen or otherwise) that was driving ridiculously fast and dangerously.

The families have every right to grieve, but the passengers of the car have some responsibility in their own death.