clubs finances

peasepud

I've also heard today that the club has laid off a number of personnel, office staff etc, added to that the fact that the stewarding has recently been sold off and a net profit on the September window and you have to now wonder what the fuck is going on?

How can we need to lay off staff when theres been at least 3 million more come in at the start, x millions less going out in interest payments etc and no spending on players?

It will probably be the start of implementing Sports Direct working practices? Sure I read somewhere that those who work in his shops have to work an extra half hour after their shift WITHOUT pay to tidy up shelves etc.

The security guys are/have left in droves after having their terms and conditions radically altered for the worst when they were hived off to another firm.

I've also heard today that the club has laid off a number of personnel, office staff etc, added to that the fact that the stewarding has recently been sold off and a net profit on the September window and you have to now wonder what the fuck is going on?

How can we need to lay off staff when theres been at least 3 million more come in at the start, x millions less going out in interest payments etc and no spending on players?

There are definitely new stewards, all hard looking cunts as well in Level 7, but was I fuck sitting down. We'll never sit down.

There are definitely new stewards, all hard looking cunts as well in Level 7, but was I fuck sitting down. We'll never sit down.

The cynic in me says thats in readiness for February and the total anarchy it will bring.

Who would we have to sell to incite some full-blown revolts though? I think the vast majority of people have resigned to Owen and N'Zogbia leaving. I can imagine a large section of the fanbase getting angry if Taylor goes, despite his flaws, most people seem to love him that I've talked to. Maybe the sale of Given and Martins would incite some real venom as well. Unless you mean Ashley going back into the stadium?

If we go down they'll just say we're getting more games.

I would have no problem with that personally, but only if the prices per game were lowered for pay as you go fans.

well I don't expect to pay 500sheets to see Norwich, Barnsley, Plymouth etc

Leeds pay it.

Pfft, they don't get to watch such illustrious sides. If they did, Ken Bates would want double, too.

Random incidental thing, as far as I can remember, we've not actually changed our prices from our Category B Premiership prices from years ago - five years ago, £23 would get you Premiership, now it gets League One. All that ever happens is smoke and mirrors with 'special offers' (This month's exclusive deal - getting a £5 discount rejected by every opposition side in the FA Cup). Pity about 10,000 people don't bother turning up anymore - Leeds at home is probably going to be the only one to come close to 25,000 :razz:

If we go down they'll just say we're getting more games.

I would have no problem with that personally, but only if the prices per game were lowered for pay as you go fans.

well I don't expect to pay 500sheets to see Norwich, Barnsley, Plymouth etc

Leeds pay it.

Pfft, they don't get to watch such illustrious sides. If they did, Ken Bates would want double, too.

Random incidental thing, as far as I can remember, we've not actually changed our prices from our Category B Premiership prices from years ago - five years ago, £23 would get you Premiership, now it gets League One. All that ever happens is smoke and mirrors with 'special offers' (This month's exclusive deal - getting a £5 discount rejected by every opposition side in the FA Cup). Pity about 10,000 people don't bother turning up anymore - Leeds at home is probably going to be the only one to come close to 25,000 :razz:

For Newcastle? I think Leeds averaged 22.000 when they went down to League One? I'll be astonished if we averaged under 35,000, we'd still get all the "one club city bollocks" levelled at us though. Nearly all of the people I know who still go would go under any circumstance.

Who would we have to sell to incite some full-blown revolts though? I think the vast majority of people have resigned to Owen and N'Zogbia leaving. I can imagine a large section of the fanbase getting angry if Taylor goes, despite his flaws, most people seem to love him that I've talked to. Maybe the sale of Given and Martins would incite some real venom as well. Unless you mean Ashley going back into the stadium?

A mixture of sales and not bringing anyone in could quite easily send people over the edge, especially as our first game after the transfer window is against you know who.

I expect it to kick off big time.

No, I just mean a large scale sale and no real purchases.

No, I just mean a large scale sale and no real purchases.

Yes. Once an asset stripper, always an asset stripper. As if he cares what the fans think.....

Yes. Once an asset stripper, always an asset stripper. As if he cares what the fans think.....

too right. I still don't see us getting relegated this year. we'll probably finish with fewer points and a lower league place than at any time since our stay in the prem started.

For me, it isn't really a question of who he sells because I get the impression that, like the Milner sale, we might not see the money anyway. So, even if we got an excellent price for someone like Taylor, it would probably just leave us further in the shit.

Perhaps the personnel that have left are to do with the downturn in sales through the club shop, Shearer's bar and snack bars at half time?

Something the NUSC was fully behind and actively encouraged people to boycott.

Perhaps the personnel that have left are to do with the downturn in sales through the club shop, Shearer's bar and snack bars at half time?

Something the NUSC was fully behind and actively encouraged people to boycott.

Not really, nobody supports it, remember, after all it was you who let me know that fact many times.