A Geordie Christmas Tale

peasepud

it's a bit of craic nicely done

anyways it's time diplomacy was put to one side and the Parky-guide to war was adopted ;)

Invade Israel?

Put a tin foil helmet on your head and lock yourself in the cellar?

It has to be said, Sammy has a grasp of it like.

It does appear that the words of Freddie in there do at times ring true.

What we appear to have become is a group of supporters who can never make their minds up when it comes to Ashley, its "fat bastard cunt" here, "oooh dont call him a name" there. A dozen messages a day on this board call Ashley a cunt and nobody bats an eyelid yet a lighthearted look at our current situation comes from the NUSC and suddenly its crass and makes us out to not be a serious organisation.

We are coming upto election time and you can guarantee both the Conservatives and Labour will be producing the same sort of things in the run up, as they have done for years, does that make either of them a joke party? No, its an easy on the eye jokey way to get a serious message across. Its protesting without the protest, its press statements without you all shouting "oh fuck not again, when will they shut up?"

I dont see how it damages our reputation as a serious group. We are working tirelessly (sic? not sure if that means on rims!) to get the SBR day up and running, while trying to mount a serious promotion campaign to get people to see what we are doing. How can we do any of that without the likes of this? If it was a hate filled, expletive stuffed Chubby Brown-esqe ditty about how fat Ashley is then I could see the point but its not, its a take on an old English rhyme that has been carefully written to avoid offence.

You'd hardly get Cameron on Question Time calling Gordon Brown a fat bastard. His chances would go through the floor if he did.

Of course, there'd be plenty of juniour ministers doing it on Have I Got News For You, but that's the point. Nowt wrong with the poem and it's sentiment is spot on, but it's place is somewhere like here or on .com or N-O or as has been said True Faith or The Mag.

The fee taking organisation that's promoted an open dialogue with Ashley after demanding he sells the club on pain of extension of the boycott to sponsors now going on to call him a fat bastard smells to me like an organisation whose aims are constantly shifting and in which all the parts are not pulling in the same direction as a unit.

It's this complete lack of coherence that puts me off sending in money to join the cause, I still don't know the cause.

HF, have you actually read it? There is no abuse in there, no words of bastard or even fat so that argument doesn't really hold tbh

Fat Mike could see a figure Who was just as round as him

Maybe me and Jimbo and Skol and Asprilla are overreacting and it's not really too tacky for the supporters club to have on their official site.

I think the fact that we all sprung to that conclusion suggests it's going to be the view of a large number of fans seeing it though.

Again, it's not really the poem itself that concerns me, it's the apparent weekly change in direction from the NUSC.

there has not been 1 change of direction though, the clubs aim always has been to get this football club back on track ideally by Ashley selling, until then though it's by hoping to get him to do the right things. Never once changed our views or stance on that.

there has not been 1 change of direction though, the clubs aim always has been to get this football club back on track ideally by Ashley selling, until then though it's by hoping to get him to do the right things. Never once changed our views or stance on that.

Maybe it's a perception problem on my part then. I was always told to ask questions in class though, because if I was confused, others probably were too.

I've got no place to say anything about how it's run, I've not paid my subs or turned up to a single meeting, let alone put in countless hours of my own time to at least TRY and do something positive which is clearly a thankless task given that whatever direction you take it's going to be unpopular with a faction of supporters (the moderates will slate you for being too negative, the extremists will slate you for letting the board off lightly). I've nothing but respect for anyone involved and the personal commitment they're making for change.

The last I'd heard was that the NUSC were attempting to build bridges with Mike Ashley for the good of the club. It's my perception that this sort of thing on the NUSC site is an acceptance that this ain't gonna happen (despite the best efforts of the NUSC) so it's a new direction of pressure/abuse rather than dialogue.

That's really naff.

The NUSC had started to get some credibility with mentions in the national press and a more serious approach to getting Ashley to communicate. This just puts all that hard work to waste IMO and makes the club look like it doesn't mean business.

I know it's meant as a joke but as Ketsbaia says, there are places for that kind of thing but not the supporters club.

We can get into the national press any fucking time we like. ;)

The only downside of all this is it is evidently Pud's work and that lanky bastid's head is fat enough as it is without over-praising him for this... ;)

For a group that is attempting to establish a dialogue with Ashley, it is going a very strange way about it.

Well said, Jimbo.

Nice to know the supporters club are too busy making up daft shite like this to release a statement on the national press calling our fans racists.

Another own goal.

For a group that is attempting to establish a dialogue with Ashley, it is going a very strange way about it.

Well said, Jimbo.

Nice to know the supporters club are too busy making up daft shite like this to release a statement on the national press calling our fans racists.

Another own goal.

Sorry dickwad,

did you speak? its just I rarely take any notice of what you say these days.

Out of interest though what would you have said if we'd have come out and defended them, no doubt you'd have banged on about how disgraceful it was that we'd supported racist fans.

On Wednesday, Newcastle fan Barry Norman Hutchinson, aged 49, was fined £270 with £45 costs after admitting racially abusing Middlesbrough's Egyptian-born forward Mido. He did not, however, receive a banning order excluding him from every football ground in the country, much to the chagrin of the Premier League club and the English game's governing body.

You see to me, if they admit it then they're guilty.

;)

Sorry dickwad,

Yet you've replied to 4 of the 5 previous posts I've made today, keep kidding yourself that you don't take any notice though mate.

As for the chants, the press insinuated that the fans as a group were singing about Mido rather than it being an individual, yet NUSC didn't say anything, not even distancing yourselves from the guilty individuals involved.

Perhaps if you did instead of thinking up shite tales then the majority of fans wouldn't think of NUSC as a joke and you would stand a chance of getting more than 250 members.

Sorry dickwad,

Yet you've replied to 4 of the 5 previous posts I've made today, keep kidding yourself that you don't take any notice though mate.

As for the chants, the press insinuated that the fans as a group were singing about Mido rather than it being an individual, yet NUSC didn't say anything, not even distancing yourselves from the guilty individuals involved.

Perhaps if you did instead of thinking up shite tales then the majority of fans wouldn't think of NUSC as a joke and you would stand a chance of getting more than 250 members.

sorry? how many?

over 120 have joined up to today alone. That to me doesnt look like a minority.

Oh and I dont, I merely hunt them out to pour scorn on them.

Sorry dickwad,

sorry? how many?

Of course they did. ;)

My advice to you would be to stop devoting your time to such a pointless group that the club or the majority of fans don't have the time of day for.

Sorry dickwad,

sorry? how many?

Of course they did. ;)

My advice to you would be to stop devoting your time to such a pointless group that the club or the majority of fans don't have the time of day for.

how much do you fancy betting my little ray of sunshine?

Sorry dickwad,

sorry? how many?

Of course they did. ;)

You should be able to relate them then.

Sorry dickwad,

sorry? how many?

Of course they did. ;)

how much do you fancy betting my little ray of sunshine?

Bet on what? That 120 people signed up to your pressure group?

If you told me it was dark outside I'd look out the window to check so why would I believe you over this?

I also asked you more than once in the past how many paid up members you had yet you always avoided the question.