The latest buyer interested in the club...

TheMoog

From the Northern Echo (and other sources)

A MULTI-MILLIONAIRE entrepreneur is thought to be in the running to buy Newcastle United, according to reports today.

Afzal Kahn, who earlier this year bought the UK’s most expensive number plate, F1, for more than £440,000, is said to be putting together a consortium preparing a bid for the Magpies.

According to the Daily Telegraph a source said: “Afzal has been interested in buying the club for a while now. He had a look at LFC [Liverpool] but because of circumstances he was not really interested there.

“However, Newcastle may be an option although he hasn’t made that official yet. He is heading a consortium that may be interested.

“So far we are talking to people who would be part of this consortium and we may be preparing an offer. However, because of what has happened at the club in the past we would be seeking assurances as well.”

Apparently from Bradford and with a personal fortune of £40m... ;)

Fuck it. If he can put together a consortium that can afford the club then he's preferable to Ashley.

True I guess, for me most things are preferable to Ashley right now. Something else mentioned in another report about the same guy was that he would be very interested in returning Keegan to post.

Fuck it. If he can put together a consortium that can afford the club then he's preferable to Ashley.

True I guess, for me most things are preferable to Ashley right now. Something else mentioned in another report about the same guy was that he would be very interested in returning Keegan to post.

Keegan isn't the be all and end all. As much as I love the bloke I don't think any buyer should feel forced to bring him back in. In fact i'd hope whoever buys us doesn't bring him in as i'd like to see us move on.

Keegan isn't the be all and end all. As much as I love the bloke I don't think any buyer should feel forced to bring him back in. In fact i'd hope whoever buys us doesn't bring him in as i'd like to see us move on.

I agree that he's not the be all and end all, without a doubt had he not have been brought in by Ashley things may have been different but he may be the best we could hope for as thing go at present and I'd be sure he'd be very tempted to retake the role no matter what division we were in. If he came in I wouldn't be upset.

I agree that he's not the be all and end all, without a doubt had he not have been brought in by Ashley things may have been different but he may be the best we could hope for as thing go at present and I'd be sure he'd be very tempted to retake the role no matter what division we were in. If he came in I wouldn't be upset.

I wouldn't be upset if he came back but i'd dread the fallout when he leaves. We can't have another couple of months like we've just had.

My personal opinion is that if we manage to stay up this season bring Ketsbaia in and give him four/five years to build a team.

Edited by Ketsbaia

I'm not so sure.

We really don't want to be owned by people that a) can't afford us or :P are genuinely desperate for a quick buck.

I'm not so sure.

We really don't want to be owned by people that a) can't afford us or :P are genuinely desperate for a quick buck.

If we've learned anything it should be that is absolutely DOES matter who owns us.

In all fairness, Ashley is still probably better than Shepherd, in the sense that he was spending more than we were earning. He wasn't exactly straight with us either.

I'm not so sure.

If we've learned anything it should be that is absolutely DOES matter who owns us.

In all fairness, Ashley is still probably better than Shepherd, in the sense that he was spending more than we were earning. He wasn't exactly straight with us either.

There has to be another way. Preferably somebody who's obscenely rich and isn't an idiot. Or really fat.

agree - time to move on .

Not sure about an owner who "only" has £40 million in his back pocket mind.

Pffffft 40 mill is lightweight. You'd find that down the back of a billionaire's sofa *

* unless it's our billionaire, in which case he'd have spent it on roulette and KFC already

Pffffft 40 mill is lightweight. You'd find that down the back of a billionaire's sofa *

* unless it's our billionaire, in which case he'd have spent it on roulette and KFC already

that's where Fatty found Little dennis

I'm not so sure.

There has to be another way. Preferably somebody who's obscenely rich and isn't an idiot. Or really fat.

Obscenely rich and slim.... hmm.... does it matter if they have routine lipo?