Ashley: "I have not had a single credible bid"

Jimbo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet keegan said it was his decision to sell Milner, that is fact.

Do you reckon Keegan would have agreed to him being sold if he hadn't been assured that a replacement had been lined up?

Well he agreed to sell Andy Cole without having a replacement lined up and even used that as an example in the press conference about getting the right player, that's without mentioning that Jonas is a far better player who's playing wide right now.

The Cole transfer was in a completely different time and situation, Keegan had been banging on all summer about needing a stronger squad, to say that he would agree to selling Milner knowing he wasn't going to be replaced is absolutely ridiculous.

He was banging on about wanting a left back which we should get in in January.

The point about the Cole transfer is that sometimes you have to take the best deal you can and if you have to wait until the next window to get a replacement then so be it, the same happened when we sold Woodgate too.

The only difference between the sale of Cole, Woodgate and Milner is that this time we had someone more than capable of filling in, in fact I don't think we even need to bring in another winger.

The difference is that Keegan wasn't thinking about the next window. He also didn't say anything about actually wanting a new winger as replacement:

"We got an offer that was good value and if you look into the next two or three days I wouldn't have sold him unless I knew I could move the club forward.

"We have a good chance of getting three or four players in before the deadline.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...72703-21633991/

A couple of days later in return for cashing in 12m on Milner the lclub signed an unproven Spanish youngster and a crocked South American. I am pretty sure they weren't the ones in Keegan's mind at the time of the interview when he said it was his decision to sell Milner.

Edited by Isegrim

Do you reckon Keegan would have agreed to him being sold if he hadn't been assured that a replacement had been lined up?

Well he agreed to sell Andy Cole without having a replacement lined up and even used that as an example in the press conference about getting the right player, that's without mentioning that Jonas is a far better player who's playing wide right now.

The Cole transfer was in a completely different time and situation, Keegan had been banging on all summer about needing a stronger squad, to say that he would agree to selling Milner knowing he wasn't going to be replaced is absolutely ridiculous.

The point about the Cole transfer is that sometimes you have to take the best deal you can and if you have to wait until the next window to get a replacement then so be it, the same happened when we sold Woodgate too.

The only difference between the sale of Cole, Woodgate and Milner is that this time we had someone more than capable of filling in, in fact I don't think we even need to bring in another winger.

The difference is that Keegan wasn't thinking about the next window. He also didn't say about actually wanting a new winger as replacement:

"We got an offer that was good value and if you look into the next two or three days I wouldn't have sold him unless I knew I could move the club forward.

A couple of days later in return for cashing 12m on Milner the lclub signed an unproven Spanish youngster and a crocked South American. I am pretty sure they weren't the ones in Keegan's mind at the time of the interview when he said it was his decision to sell Milner.

Agreed.

Baggio, serious question, can I ask why it is that you have it in for Keegan so much? I don't understand why anyone would defend Ashley over Keegan at all :P

I don't have it in for him, I just don't lick his arse for what was an average job that he's done since he came back and the timing of his walk out, the fact that people come online every day still going on about it like their wife has just died I find embarrassing, that's not me saying that I don't appreciate what he done for us when he was a manager here last time but that doesn't mean I'll back him if I think he's wrong.

As for Ashley, I'm happy with his long term vision for the club and I'm even happier with the standard of players that came in in the Summer, not all of them have worked out but you have to expect that however I think the likes of Jonas, Coloccini and Bassong are quality signings, I couldn't give a toss about net spend as plenty of clubs have blown big money this Summer but I wouldn't swap any of Villa or Sunderlands Summer signings for the 2 Argies we brought in and probably not even Bassong.

I find it baffling that people pat Keegan on the back for walking away claiming the squad hasn't been strengthened enough yet claim we would have another 10-12 points on the table if he still was here, at the same time the club shouldn't have signed any players that he didn't want but as adults they should sit down and sort their differences out and as far as I'm aware the club offered him this chance but he didn't bother turning up to the meeting and instead chose to resign.

I would have been happy for him to stay and I think we would have had a decent season if he had done, I'm not going to lose any sleep though over the fact that he decided to walk out on the managers job for the second time and I'm more interested in seeing the club get back on track than feeling sorry for someone who's looking for £8 million out of the club.

The difference is that Keegan wasn't thinking about the next window. He also didn't say anything about actually wanting a new winger as replacement:

A couple of days later in return for cashing in 12m on Milner the lclub signed an unproven Spanish youngster and a crocked South American. I am pretty sure they weren't the ones in Keegan's mind at the time of the interview when he said it was his decision to sell Milner.

Yet Keegan met Xisco didn't he and told him all of the plans he had for the club, strange thing to do if it's a player that you didn't want.

I still believe that the club pushed for Schweinsteiger too even if you don't, that is straight from Tony Jimenez btw.

Ferdinand was already lined up to replace Cole but QPR then backed out as it looked like they might get relegated that season.

Ferdinand was already lined up to replace Cole but QPR then backed out as it looked like they might get relegated that season.

No he wasn't.

No he wasn't.

I wouldn't say it if he wasn't.

Baggio, serious question, can I ask why it is that you have it in for Keegan so much? I don't understand why anyone would defend Ashley over Keegan at all :P

I don't have it in for him, I just don't lick his arse for what was an average job that he's done since he came back and the timing of his walk out, the fact that people come online every day still going on about it like their wife has just died I find embarrassing, that's not me saying that I don't appreciate what he done for us when he was a manager here last time but that doesn't mean I'll back him if I think he's wrong.

As for Ashley, I'm happy with his long term vision for the club and I'm even happier with the standard of players that came in in the Summer, not all of them have worked out but you have to expect that however I think the likes of Jonas, Coloccini and Bassong are quality signings, I couldn't give a toss about net spend as plenty of clubs have blown big money this Summer but I wouldn't swap any of Villa or Sunderlands Summer signings for the 2 Argies we brought in and probably not even Bassong.

I find it baffling that people pat Keegan on the back for walking away claiming the squad hasn't been strengthened enough yet claim we would have another 10-12 points on the table if he still was here, at the same time the club shouldn't have signed any players that he didn't want but as adults they should sit down and sort their differences out and as far as I'm aware the club offered him this chance but he didn't bother turning up to the meeting and instead chose to resign.

I would have been happy for him to stay and I think we would have had a decent season if he had done, I'm not going to lose any sleep though over the fact that he decided to walk out on the managers job for the second time and I'm more interested in seeing the club get back on track than feeling sorry for someone who's looking for £8 million out of the club.

Thanks for your response. Incidentally I'm right in thinking you were 12-17yrs old during Kevin's first stint as manager?

No he wasn't.

There was a video on youtube with Keegan being interviewed by Gabby Logan for Inside Sport at his soccer circus where he talks about selling Cole and the fans coming up to the steps to talk to him, he goes on about the fans on the steps talking amongst themselves and someone said "Give him a chance man, he wouldn't sell him without someone else lined up" when Terry Mac leaned over and whispered in his ear "Oh yes he would!"

It seems to have been taken down but Happy Face has commented about the video before, it was the one where Keegan said he wouldn't come in as a DOF and that nothing would get him back into management.

Thanks for your response. Incidentally I'm right in thinking you were 12-17yrs old during Kevin's first stint as manager?

Something like that.

No he wasn't.

There was a video on youtube with Keegan being interviewed by Gabby Logan for Inside Sport at his soccer circus where he talks about selling Cole and the fans coming up to the steps to talk to him, he goes on about the fans on the steps talking amongst themselves and someone said "Give him a chance man, he wouldn't sell him without someone else lined up" when Terry Mac leaned over and whispered in his ear "Oh yes he would!"

It seems to have been taken down but Happy Face has commented about the video before, it was the one where Keegan said he wouldn't come in as a DOF and that nothing would get him back into management.

I've saw that video before, although I don't remember that. I was under the impression at the time it was 'common knowledge' as they say that this was the case that QPR then pulled out of the deal.

Yet Keegan met Xisco didn't he and told him all of the plans he had for the club, strange thing to do if it's a player that you didn't want.

I still believe that the club pushed for Schweinsteiger too even if you don't, that is straight from Tony Jimenez btw.

I still don't think that Keegan was speaking about Xisco as one of the players to move the club forward by quality but rather by numbers.

Is there a public quote avaiblable from Jimenez or is this some Jol-like ITK stuff?

BTW - Schweinsteiger just signed a new contract with offers from various big Italian and Spanish clubs on the table (according to the press). Him signing for Newcastle last summer was really a pretty likely scenario...

Edited by Isegrim

No he wasn't.

I've saw that video before, although I don't remember that. I was under the impression at the time it was 'common knowledge' as they say that this was the case that QPR then pulled out of the deal.

That was the version I heard until I watched the video of Keegan saying what really happened.

I still don't think that Keegan was speaking about Xisco as one of the players to move the club forward by quality but rather by numbers.

Is there a public quote avaiblable from Jimenez or is this some Jol-like ITK stuff?

BTW - Schweinsteiger just signed a new contract with offers from various big Italian and Spanish clubs on the table (according to the press). Him signing for Newcastle last summer was really a pretty likely scenario...

Nothing public that I know of but the bloke is friends of his through property, not quite up to Martin Jol standards.

It was the first I'd heard of Schweinsteiger being in the last year of his contract, he said Bayern were up for the deal but the player said no.

Something like that.

Psychological trauma may accompany physical trauma or exist independently of it. Typical causes of psychological trauma are sexual abuse, violence, the threat of either, or the witnessing of either, particularly in childhood.

After a traumatic experience, a person may re-experience the trauma mentally and physically, hence avoiding trauma reminders, also called triggers, as this can be uncomfortable and even painful.

Triggers and cues act as reminders of the trauma, and can cause anxiety and other associated emotions. Often the person can be completely unaware of what these triggers are. In many cases this may lead a person suffering from traumatic disorders to engage in disruptive or self-destructive coping mechanisms, often without being fully aware of the nature or causes of their own actions. Consequently, intense feelings of anger may surface frequently.

Don't worry bud, there's help for you out there. :panic:

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Something like that.

Psychological trauma may accompany physical trauma or exist independently of it. Typical causes of psychological trauma are sexual abuse, violence, the threat of either, or the witnessing of either, particularly in childhood. After a traumatic experience, a person may re-experience the trauma mentally and physically, hence avoiding trauma reminders, also called triggers, as this can be uncomfortable and even painful.

Triggers and cues act as reminders of the trauma, and can cause anxiety and other associated emotions. Often the person can be completely unaware of what these triggers are. In many cases this may lead a person suffering from traumatic disorders to engage in disruptive or self-destructive coping mechanisms, often without being fully aware of the nature or causes of their own actions. Consequently, intense feelings of anger may surface frequently.

Jesus wept.

Nothing public that I know of but the bloke is friends of his through property, not quite up to Martin Jol standards.

It was the first I'd heard of Schweinsteiger being in the last year of his contract, he said Bayern were up for the deal but the player said no.

It would make little sense with all public comments from Bayern officials this summer about their squad dealing. The only player the let go because the offer they received was too good was Janssen who went to Hamburg. With Schweinsteiger they always said they want to keep him, especially as it was unknown when Ribery was back from his injury. I only can see them accepting an absurd offer, something I can't see Newcastle would have done with their 'wise' transfer policy.

The only time I ever read on a German website about an offer for Schweinsteiger is this page: http://insider.sport1.de/2008/09/02/brandh...nach-newcastle/

It's a blog from a journalist of a big German sports website who receices a strange call from a Newcastle journalist about Schweinsteiger moving to Newcastle. He uses it as a prime example for the madness of the last day of the transfer window and its absolutely incredible rumours.

Something like that.

Psychological trauma may accompany physical trauma or exist independently of it. Typical causes of psychological trauma are sexual abuse, violence, the threat of either, or the witnessing of either, particularly in childhood. After a traumatic experience, a person may re-experience the trauma mentally and physically, hence avoiding trauma reminders, also called triggers, as this can be uncomfortable and even painful.

Jesus wept.

On a serious note though Bagg, it's understandable that you're venting your anger towards the thing that caused you heartache as a kid. It was a big shock to us all when Kev went the first time round, you just need to redirect that anger at the real source of your despair. Psychological trauma is no joke and can lead to all manner of problems later on in life so I'd honestly consider perhaps speaking to a counsellor.

No he wasn't.

That was the version I heard until I watched the video of Keegan saying what really happened.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_70...400/7042422.stm

:P

6:20

Edited by Happy Face

No he wasn't.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_70...400/7042422.stm

:P

6:20

Good find. :panic:

Zico wanted it too btw.

Arent you just shooting yourself in the foot here?

Basically you're saying that 4 managers wanted the job, 3 good names and Joe Kinnear so Ashley picked Kinnear!

Not exactly a glowing testament to the owner that.

ahem, I dont see an answer to this, serous question though Baggio, you've bandied three names around as managers who wanted the job after Keegan as some kind of glowing testament of the Ashley regime yet we ended up with Kinnear. I am honestly interested to hear your views on that.

No he wasn't.

what baggy is saying mate is that he agrees that Keegan doesn't always tell the absolute truth, but has been known to say things with the good intentions of the club in mind ie say the diplomatic thing which escapes him when he takes him at gospel for saying it was his decision to sell Milner

Even the biggest monkey can tell Keegan said that to put on a front for his employers and/or was happy with the deal with the promise of using the money elsewhere in a way he wanted to do himself. Baggy can't see this, he truly is an Ashley arse licker.