Where do we go from here?

Marko

With the situation the club is in at the moment, where do we really go?

I dont think Kinnear is the man for the job. We should have had an extra 4 points from Stoke and Wigan If we had we'd have moved above Pompey after yesterdays results. His outburts are getting tiring now. the 52 swear words in 5 minutes was genious, calling Atkinson? was it mickey mouse was a joke considering Sholas equaliser was a couple of yards offside against Fulham and we were generally poor that day. Going off his rocker against Stoke, he was the one who put us under pressure with putting 6 defenders on the pitch. He invited the pressure on from Stoke.

but who else can we get in with the club like this at the moment, big managers wont come anywhere near us if Ashley is trying to sell the club. And this is another problem. There seems to be no buyers for the club and this is going to stop top manager looking at us. Do we forgive Ashley, let him get on with it and bring in a better manager?

No point looking for a new manager until the club ownership is sorted one way or another. But, in all fairness to JFK, we're harder to beat now although its still far from where we should be. I'd certainly give him the season and see where we are then.

Kinnear, despite being Ashley's patsy and being prone to making ridiculous substitutions at the worst possible time, deserves a chance. Maybe the win yesterday has just given me a renewed sense of optimism but I think he's effectively learning on the job and we're making small steps in the right direction. He deserves a huge pat on the back for the work he's did with the defence regardless of what you think of him otherwise.

I wouldn't want him here past the summer mind.

Edited by Ketsbaia

But who could we really bring in whilst the club is up for sale. There seems to be no suitable buyers for the time being and there is no garuntee what Ashley is going to make available for a manger with regards to transfer funds. Something I think is putting off a huge amount of managers

But who could we really bring in whilst the club is up for sale. There seems to be no suitable buyers for the time being and there is no garuntee what Ashley is going to make available for a manger with regards to transfer funds. Something I think is putting off a huge amount of managers

Ashley can stay after the summer.

Kinnear can't.

Kinnear can't.

:P

Kinnear can't.

Would you like to expand on that?

I'd be more than happy for either of them to stay as long as we're heading in the right direction and keeping out of the papers for the wrong reasons. I'm quite enjoying the fact that we're just being aloud to get on with it for a while, something I think Ashley is all too aware of.

If we continue to be hard to beat while picking up points, plus getting Owen to re-sign I'd settle for a bit of stability in all honesty, however randomly the chips have fallen to get there.

While he's not 'the greatest football manager known to humankind ', surely you jest?

The arrival of yet another would drive the players to distraction and, as Ketsbaia noted, he deserves a clap for giving us the best defence we have had a many a year (goal difference -2 as compared to the, what, -12 of this time last year).

Is it down to the lake I fear?

Suddenly nothings clear?

Ay ah ah ah ah ah

While he's not 'the greatest football manager known to humankind ', surely you jest?

The arrival of yet another would drive the players to distraction and, as Ketsbaia noted, he deserves a clap for giving us the best defence we have had a many a year (goal difference -2 as compared to the, what, -12 of this time last year).

I dunno, he's better than Fat Sam, but only because he knows that you play to win against teams you can beat and park the bus in front of the goal against teams you don't.

It's wonderful the difference that one game makes on peoples' opinions. While Kinnear has surprised us all by not being completely fucking awful he is still far from being a 'good' manager imo. If we can replace him in the summer with someone we could say with a degree of certainty is a better manager then we should do so, I'd hope that the board are searching for alternatives to take over at the end of the season.

It's wonderful the difference that one game makes on peoples' opinions. While Kinnear has surprised us all by not being completely fucking awful he is still far from being a 'good' manager imo. If we can replace him in the summer with someone we could say with a degree of certainty is a better manager then we should do so, I'd hope that the board are searching for alternatives to take over at the end of the season.

It doesn't matter who the manager is if we're winning IMO. I wouldn't get rid just because he doesn't have a "big name".

If the players are playing for him and winning we'd be mad to have more upheaval for the sake of it. We've had more of that than we deserve. Look at Ramos at Spurs, you'd think he was nailed on to do a good job but what happened? The very top managers won't look at us in all honesty and so we're left with taking a gamble on who? Deschamps? Houllier? Ketsbaia?

I'm not saying that one game and one good result should give Kinnear the job in the long term, but I don't see the advantage of not getting behind him and not taking him seriously. He's doing much better than Big Sam or Souness IMO and we *could* get a bit of confidence back if we keep being hard to score against while still playing some decent football.

Suddenly nothings clear?

Ay ah ah ah ah ah

I dunno, he's better than Fat Sam, but only because he knows that you play to win against teams you can beat and park the bus in front of the goal against teams you don't.

Except when you're two nil up at home.

It doesn't matter who the manager is if we're winning IMO. I wouldn't get rid just because he doesn't have a "big name".

If the players are playing for him and winning we'd be mad to have more upheaval for the sake of it. We've had more of that than we deserve. Look at Ramos at Spurs, you'd think he was nailed on to do a good job but what happened? The very top managers won't look at us in all honesty and so we're left with taking a gamble on who? Deschamps? Houllier? Ketsbaia?

I'm not saying that one game and one good result should give Kinnear the job in the long term, but I don't see the advantage of not getting behind him and not taking him seriously. He's doing much better than Big Sam or Souness IMO and we *could* get a bit of confidence back if we keep being hard to score against while still playing some decent football.

If we go on a fantastic run until the end of the season then maybe he should get a proper crack at it. However, don't forget what happened with Roeder, most of us knew deep down that he wasn't good enough for the job but he got it on the basis of a very good run of results but couldn't sustain it the next season. If we have an option to replace him with someone likely to do a better job then we should do so.

If he goes on a fantastic run he shouldnt be given the job. This is exactly what happened with Roeder. I knew Roeder would fail, nice guy but a hopeless manager! Kinnear has shown he has major flaws in his managerial abilities. I hope to god we dont give him a full time contract. We will go nowhere.

Suddenly nothings clear?

Ay ah ah ah ah ah

Which is partially why we need better (or at least a manager that understand subs too - and probably can resist having a go at the ref). :P

Suddenly nothings clear?

Ay ah ah ah ah ah

Which is partially why we need better (or at least a manager that understand subs too - and probably can resist having a go at the ref). :P

Kinnears substitutions frustrate the hell out of me. Against Sunderland you could see we needed changed to be made and Kinnear waited far too long to introduce Barton and Spiderman! Against Wigan we should have brought players on the second Boyce had been sent off. And I'm convinced had Martins not signalled to the bench on Sunday Kinnear wouldnt have brought Shola on at all.

His substitutions worry me, alot. I'm sure the voices in his head are telling him:

Voices: "Take off Oba and bring on Harper as a centre mid"

JFK: "What? That's fucking mental"

Voices: "We know, but it's the last thing the opposition will suspect. Harps can kick it a long way, imagine what he could do from 30yards out!"

JFK: "That's a crazy idea....... hmmm.... A plan that crazy just has to work! I'll do it!"

His substitutions worry me, alot. I'm sure the voices in his head are telling him:

Voices: "Take off Oba and bring on Harper as a centre mid"

JFK: "What? That's fucking mental"

Voices: "We know, but it's the last thing the opposition will suspect. Harps can kick it a long way, imagine what he could do from 30yards out!"

JFK: "That's a crazy idea....... hmmm.... A plan that crazy just has to work! I'll do it!"

:panic:

I want mancini :P.

Kinnear seems alright at motivating players but tactically he seems mentally challenged at times. Such as switching our most creative striker off after 70 mins every game is just retarded, thats when the matches start opening up. At Portsmouth we saw the dmg owen/martins/jonas can do. Against stoke in the 2nd half we saw what martins can do alone, compared to what viduka and owen can do together when the rest of the team decides to sit on their own half, jack shit. (which isnt exactly the most clever tactic against a team who bases their attack on throwing the ball to a bunch of hulks in our 16m. He does the same against chelsea, puts on a shola ameobi who hasnt got the skill to hold anyone off. Whereas martins at least could have gotten through on an occasion and maybe snogged all 3 points, or at least cause considerably more worry.