Sign in to follow this  
peasepud

Wireless bastard router

I am running a Thomson SpeedTouch 585 v7 router on o2 Broadband with one machine wired and (a maximum of) 3 wireless, after 2 months problem free last night it all went Pete Tong.

Suddenly I lost my connection on a wireless PC and could not connect again, the refresh list of connections would be missing the o2 connection then Id refresh and it would appear. If I connected on average 1 in 4 or 5 attempts would connect, any failure would be followed by the loss of the router in the list. Sometimes when I did connect it would give me an IP error relating to more than one PC having the same IP address and then boot me off.

I tried switching off (PC 4 times and router twice) all the time the wired PC was working fine. I tried the reset button on the router and following that got connected however when I was I realised that I was getting 0.3Mb speed on the wireless PC and 7.2Mb on wired. This however was livable for the hour or so I needed access. At the end of the night I switched everything off, all PCs, router etc and this morning I now cannot connect at all, sometimes it appears in the list but never allows me to connect (Ive tried 3 different wireless machines including my iphone but none can connect).

All lights except the wireless one are green, wireless is amber. Im a little lost now as to what to do. Ive had to connect my PC by using the iPhone as a router which is not bastard ideal I can tell you! :P

I am running a Thomson SpeedTouch 585 v7 router on o2 Broadband with one machine wired and (a maximum of) 3 wireless, after 2 months problem free last night it all went Pete Tong.

Suddenly I lost my connection on a wireless PC and could not connect again, the refresh list of connections would be missing the o2 connection then Id refresh and it would appear. If I connected on average 1 in 4 or 5 attempts would connect, any failure would be followed by the loss of the router in the list. Sometimes when I did connect it would give me an IP error relating to more than one PC having the same IP address and then boot me off.

I tried switching off (PC 4 times and router twice) all the time the wired PC was working fine. I tried the reset button on the router and following that got connected however when I was I realised that I was getting 0.3Mb speed on the wireless PC and 7.2Mb on wired. This however was livable for the hour or so I needed access. At the end of the night I switched everything off, all PCs, router etc and this morning I now cannot connect at all, sometimes it appears in the list but never allows me to connect (Ive tried 3 different wireless machines including my iphone but none can connect).

All lights except the wireless one are green, wireless is amber. Im a little lost now as to what to do. Ive had to connect my PC by using the iPhone as a router which is not bastard ideal I can tell you! :panic:

If you afford one of them, you can afford a new router...

Next please :P