Stereophonics

Marko

Went to see the Phonics last nite at the Birmingham NIA absolutely superb. They're doing a UK tour not sure if they've been up to Newcastle yet? Anyway any fans on here? The Courteeners supported they were pretty good also!

They've threatened now and then to match the first two albums without quite getting there.

Personally I was a big fan in the early days - but they pissed me off when I went to Donnington in 01 and they had a large VIP area in front of the stage - no fucking need for it whatsoever.

Good band.

Love the first two albums, J.E.E.P is good too.

Bought the rest and they were ok here and there.

Went to see Kelly Jones on his solo tour last year and he was fairly good.

Were in Newcastle last Week... Canny Gig.... shame the venue (METRO ARENA) is Crap.... Sooner they pull it down the better..

Anywhere that holds 10,000+ is crap though, so better see them in a crap place up here than have to drive to Manchester.

Saw them in the Metro Arena last November - they were fucking awesome actually playing mainly their older stuff.

My lass went to see them in Liverpool last week - said that they were again fantastic and was 2nd from the front (obviously learned from that VIP gaff) :P

TBF, stunts like that aren't likely to be down to the act - that's the fucking promoters getting greedy.

Local Boy In The Photograph was their first single. It's all been downhill from there.

I dunno, I'd buy a Greatest Hits EP. "Local Boy...", "A Thousand Trees", "Traffic" and "Dakota" - that's more than enough.

Three of them are from the first album, mind... :P

Always thought the phonics have got too much stick. First two albums were superb the rest have been average with a few stand out tracks. I wouldnt really say they've done a 'poor' album to be honest though thats my own personal opinion.

As for big Arena's, I prefer smaller one's like the academy but I think the NIA is a decent venue. The Acoustics certainly aren't as bad as they are at the arena in Newcastle!

Produced my favourite transition between tracks ever. When Roll Up And Shine finishes abruptly and The Bartender And The Thief get's straight into it. Nae messing.

Don't bother trying to recreate it with Itunes. The gap's too long, you need the CD :P

Produced my favourite transition between tracks ever. When Roll Up And Shine finishes abruptly and The Bartender And The Thief get's straight into it. Nae messing.

Don't bother trying to recreate it with Itunes. The gap's too long, you need the CD :P

But my CD is back in Darlington.... I only have Itunes open at the moment? :panic:

Mr alreetlike saw them on Friday and said they were absolutely brilliant.

I saw them at V this year ("greatest hits" setlist) and enjoyed that, album-wise I haven't really bothered with them for years.