Boumsong

Ketsbaia

Rangers must be laughing their tits off. £8million for that poncy, piece of shite! Almost as bad as £8million for Jenas. The sooner Titus is fit and he can play alongside Taylor at the back the better.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and the same goes for 'Wor Shola'. The poorest excuse for a football player i've seen since Fumaca. In any other team under any other manager he'd have been shipped off to some League 1 side by now but not under Souness.

20 goals a season - Fuck off

I feel sorry for Given having to play behind him. Another substandard defender that is going to do nothing except contribute to our leaky defence. Remember, this is the man who is meant to be Woodgate's replacement. He is no where near the Standard of Woodgate.

I feel sorry for Given having to play behind him. Another substandard defender that is going to do nothing except contribute to our leaky defence. Remember, this is the man who is meant to be Woodgate's replacement. He is no where near the Standard of Woodgate.

46611[/snapback]

I'd still rather have him than Woodgate. What's the point in having a player who's fit about 30% of the time, if you're lucky.

46611[/snapback]

I'd still rather have him than Woodgate. What's the point in having a player who's fit about 30% of the time, if you're lucky.

46615[/snapback]

I agree but I just think that we shouldn't have spend 2/3 of Woodgates transfer feee on this piece of shite.

46611[/snapback]

46615[/snapback]

I agree but I just think that we shouldn't have spend 2/3 of Woodgates transfer feee on this piece of shite.

46616[/snapback]

Hard not to agree with that. What a waste of money.

The only time he's looked any good was when Bramble was playing out of his skin last season. People were trying to say Boumsong had made Bramble a better player but even at the time I thought Titus was making him look good. I must say I hoped he would come good, considering he plays for France etc. but I would expect an £8million centre-back to able to head a ball.

The only time he's looked any good was when Bramble was playing out of his skin last season. People were trying to say Boumsong had made Bramble a better player but even at the time I thought Titus was making him look good. I must say I hoped he would come good, considering he plays for France etc. but I would expect an £8million centre-back to able to head a ball.

46624[/snapback]

I have all the time in the world for Titus because you always felt that he'd turn himself around and come good but Boumsong just doesn't look the part to me. He played in a good defense at Auxerre in a decent league and then played in a good defense at Rangers in a terrible league (Lets be honest, it's not hard to put Nacho Novo on his arse). Now he's finally moved to one of the better leagues in the world he's got found out.

I can't believe a big man is sooo weak!

Also why doesn't he use that weight to bump or lean on a striker when he's running side by side with them?

It's probably that weak-as-piss northen beer ee's 'avin to guzzle instead of our hearty suvern brew innit :yes

46624[/snapback]

I know what you mean, i've been a fan of Bramble from the start (which was quite lonely!) and you make a good point that Boumsong has looked pretty poor without Titus dominating alongside him.

I'd love to see Titus and Taylor get a run together, but as i've said before when all three are fit it will come down to one simple issue:

Souness paid £8m for Boom and nothing for Taylor, so its either Taylor dropped or shunted out to fullback. Or possibly he doesn't play Titus but i think he will.

Can't believe all the stick he's getting this season.

He's had a bad spell since the Man U game, but people have quickly forgotten how well he played last season for us.

46743[/snapback]

Yep. As I think I said somewhere else, why's Taylor not getting slated for the Wigan goal?

I like to judge central defenders in terms of partnerships. I think Bramble and Taylor would be awful - 2 bulls and no brains. Boumsong is not the kind of defender that gets the blood rushing and the crowd going but he's an important part of a partnership. He's got a crisis of confidence at the moment but I see as much potential with him as I saw with Bramble (I expect to be fairly lonely on that opinion again). He was getting used to the pace of the Premiership before this little mental niggle and I think it's affecting his heading, positioning, etc. badly.

Him and Bramble first choice for me.

He's had a bad spell since the Man U game, but people have quickly forgotten how well he played last season for us.

46743[/snapback]

I didn't think he was that good last season. He's never looked anywhere near what we paid for him in my opinion. I agree with DB's comments about partnerships though. Both Taylor and Bramble are more suited to a player of Boumsong's type and vice-versa.

46743[/snapback]

So you put him as our third best player against Wigan on the basis of last season then?

Same with the Fulham game. Taylor's crap backpass soon got forgotten, while Boum got hammered for slipping.

46748[/snapback]

I said at the time that was Taylor's fault. I'd like to think I give credit/slag players of when it's due. As Renton points out, making Boumsong the 3rd best player against Wigan seems like you have a bias towards him. Just an observation, I concede it was the sort of game where it was hard to pick out decent performances, but I thought he had a 'mare.

46743[/snapback]

Thing is though, we're giving him stick because he deserves it. It's not as if we are going to let him off for being poor because he played well for a few games last year!

Same with the Fulham game. Taylor's crap backpass soon got forgotten, while Boum got hammered for slipping.

46748[/snapback]

Aye, it happens quite a lot. Like in Euro 2004 against France. Heskey gets all the slating for the foul that gave Zidance the free-kick, James for the foul when he needed to go for it, but people seem to forget it was Gerrard's stupid back-pass that cause him to do that.

46748[/snapback]

To be honest anyone i've talked to only remembers the backpass i couldn't have told you who slipped off hand.

And Taylor has had plenty of stick on here, there was a whole thread where some people were already writing him off as not going to be good enough for some reason.

But Boom cost £8m and is an experienced international for France and people will therefor have certain standards expected of him consistently.

46748[/snapback]

Aye, it happens quite a lot. Like in Euro 2004 against France. Heskey gets all the slating for the foul that gave Zidance the free-kick, James for the foul when he needed to go for it, but people seem to forget it was Gerrard's stupid back-pass that cause him to do that.

46831[/snapback]

I reckoned it was Gerrard's fault tbh. Either way, Boumsong has been gash of late.