New Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Craig

new-spurs-stadium.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur today revealed the first images of the Club's proposed new stadium design, part of the Northumberland Development Project.

Designs for the new home of the Club have been developed by KSS, leaders in stadia design.

Commenting on the release of the images, Club Chairman Daniel Levy said:

"The brief I gave the architects was to design an iconic stadium that would be one of the best in Europe. My over-riding priority is to re-create the terrific atmosphere we have at the current stadium, within a world class stadium that offers state-of -the-art facilities.

"This means designing a stadium which has supporters as close as possible to the field of play and not simply looking to chase headline capacity. Our fans will find themselves closer to the pitch than at any other comparable stadium in the UK. This design puts fan experience first.

"In addition to the stadium, we are designing great facilities within the overall masterplan that will add positively to the local environment and locality, components that can play a role in the regeneration of the wider area."

David Keirle, Chairman of KSS, outlined the strategy behind the stadium design:

"The key driver has been to deliver the best possible fan experience on all levels.

"The visuals of the new stadium show that it's really seen as a building which responds to the brand, which we see as representing style and flowing lines of football.

new-spurs-stadium-2.jpg

"We have spent a great deal of time looking at different roof formations. The roof has been designed to focus the noise back onto the crowd and onto the pitch. All seating is enclosed, there are no open corners, so everything is focused back onto the pitch and the acoustics will maximise the impact of the vocal support from fans. The stadium will have a roof that allows us to have four large screens up in the top corners, which means every spectator will be able to see a whole host of information.

"The plans we have produced will result in close proximity for the fans to the pitch, we are going to be metres closer than other stadiums of comparable size. We are fine tuning the plans and these will ultimately determine the final capacity."

The new stadium will also benefit from a Club museum, shops and homes, new facilities for the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation and important public space.

The plans will enable the team to remain at the current site throughout construction.

Daniel Levy added:

"Development projects on this scale take a long time from the initial starting point to final completion. Any new stadia we have seen recently would have been designed at least eight to ten years ago. We are designing for our future and this stadium design has been described as the first of the next generation of stadia.

"This development is more than just somewhere where the team can play football. The Northumberland Development Project will deliver substantial investment for the future of the Borough and will benefit the community.

"It's about leaving a legacy for this great Club and, once delivered, I hope all our fans around the world will be very proud."

new-spurs-stadium-3.jpg

Source: http://www.designfootball.com/Stadium-desi...otspur-stadium/

Knows only too well they'd not fill something of the capacity of Wembley, Old Trafford, The Emirates or SJP :P

Speaking of which, it'll look very similar to Arsenal's ground IMO.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's basically just the Emirates.

They wont fill it, they keep bullshitting about waiting lists and the like but our waiting list must have been immense when we had 36k.

Very ambitious for a mid table club and I personally think they only released details to take the heat off the board regarding Ramos.

I think they should call it ''The New Emirates''.

The Mini Emirates? :P

Love the way Levy is going on about it being 'the next generation of stadia' and nothing like what has been designed in the past. Get to fuck man, it's a rip off of the ground a few miles down the road :panic:

Cunts.

:P

I was expecting a long, protracted post from you about them finally admitting there's no point in going for a big capacity ground.... :panic:

Cunts.

:P

I was expecting a long, protracted post from you about them finally admitting there's no point in going for a big capacity ground.... :panic:

I'm poorly and being economical with my words. To be fair to them there is nothing there to say the capacity isn't 60,000. 38 to 42,000 would be more than adequate for them.

I'm poorly and being economical with my words.

Couldn't pass whatever it is you've got over to Fop could you? :panic:

:P Fop does talk shite like. Does he wear national health glasses?

I like this part:

"We have spent a great deal of time looking at different roof formations. The roof has been designed to focus the noise back onto the crowd and onto the pitch. All seating is enclosed, there are no open corners, so everything is focused back onto the pitch and the acoustics will maximise the impact of the vocal support from fans.

Because that way when there are only 20 people inside it sounds like there's more.

I like this part:

"We have spent a great deal of time looking at different roof formations. The roof has been designed to focus the noise back onto the crowd and onto the pitch. All seating is enclosed, there are no open corners, so everything is focused back onto the pitch and the acoustics will maximise the impact of the vocal support from fans.

Because that way when there are only 20 people inside it sounds like there's more.

"Judas cunt with HIV... IV... IV... iv.... iv.... iv...... iv......"

I like this part:

:P:panic::nufc:

But how could you be bothered going to that much effort?

I like this part:

:panic::nufc::icon_lol:

But how could you be bothered going to that much effort?

Shows dedication :P