New Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Craig

This is is what I don't get. Their support don't really care about football. They're not fanatical about football. Anyone who knows anything about the game knows we had a great history for a long time. An awful lot more??? I don't recognise the League Cup as a major trophy, so by my reckoning we have 11 trophies to their 13, but that's offset by the fact they've only been champions of this country TWO times in their history. Yes TWO. Fucking Sunderland have treble their titles yet still they get mouthy. When we have this argument with Everton they can say with their 9 league titles they have a superior history to us.

As for the all time League table. If ours was calculated from 1905? like there's is, we'd be well above them. We're an older club and played in the league a lot longer and the first ten averages were under 5,000 obviously dragging the all time average down. Thick people can't see that though. About this whole topic every body, and I mean EVERYBODY knows the truth. Last thing I'll say on the matter. 3-1 Owen. 4-1 Owen. two 5a doubles nice one.

Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur are both big clubs. In the top 10 historically biggest clubs in English Association Football history. You have to nit pick over which is bigger or better. Arguably Spurs currently are doing better but 10 years ago Newcastle were the much better side and should have won the league.

Anyway good luck over the weekend, I like Kinnear a lot for obvious reasons, may the best team (spurs :aye: ) win

Good post. I don't really care about Spurs one way or another. I've known some Spurs supporters who were canny when I lived in the South East; by the same token my brother in law was assaulted in the 90s for no reason (we were coming away from WHL after a late Beardo goal). He's called Stevie btw and now I'm beginning to wonder......

My main beef about WHL was always that it's in the middle of a shithole and difficult to get to. Not sure if a new stadium resembling a high-tech commode is going to change that.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are genuinely the most clueless wanks of all the clubs in England in my view. It's just sheer blind stupidity. The rare time Newcastle are in Europe. We've played in the latter stages of Champions Leagues, had 3 UEFA Cup Quarter Finals in 10 years, UEFA Cup Semi Finals (when it wasn't the mickey mouse competition for mickey mouse clubs it is today) you couldn't make these deluded cunts up. As Kinnear said, As SBR said as anyone with half a clue says........well it doesn't even need saying.

The fanbase thing is the one that makes me laugh the most thoughm I genuinely think they believe it as well that's the hilarious thing, like not fucking about or looking for a bite. They're arguably the 4th best supported team in the South East.

Stevie, you really are a complete embarrassment to your fellow supporters

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ier-League.html

They are genuinely the most clueless wanks of all the clubs in England in my view. It's just sheer blind stupidity. The rare time Newcastle are in Europe. We've played in the latter stages of Champions Leagues, had 3 UEFA Cup Quarter Finals in 10 years, UEFA Cup Semi Finals (when it wasn't the mickey mouse competition for mickey mouse clubs it is today) you couldn't make these deluded cunts up. As Kinnear said, As SBR said as anyone with half a clue says........well it doesn't even need saying.

The fanbase thing is the one that makes me laugh the most thoughm I genuinely think they believe it as well that's the hilarious thing, like not fucking about or looking for a bite. They're arguably the 4th best supported team in the South East.

survey of 2,708 football fans... wow, that is supposed to back up an argument... 2,708???

:aye:

survey of 2,708 football fans... wow, that is supposed to back up an argument... 2,708???

:D

Canny sample size if done properly. The fact it's an internet poll renders it useless bollocks though.

I'd be more concerned that watching their team on TV is supposed to make them the 'best' fans. :aye:

Spurs fans coming on here and acting big because they've won the League Cup. Boro won it too - does that make them a big club?

I don't think winning a League Cup makes any club a big club. But what about not winning any Cup AT ALL since the 60s? I'm sorry but to all but your own fans you just aren't considered a big club. I remember seeing a poll on a West Ham forum where they were ranking clubs in order of size and a very large percentage of their fans felt that West Ham were bigger than Newcastle (with only a couple of poor deluded souls having West Ham above Tottenham). All had Tottenham in the top six and above Newcastle.

I think the thing that puzzles all of us Spurs fans is why you Geordies dismiss Spurs as a small club while claiming Newcastle are a big club? The only thing this seems to be based on is the fact that SJP has a larger capacity than the inadequately sized WHL (which of course THFC are trying to address). Surely even the most diehard Geordie can see that statements such as Spurs not being able to fill even a 42,000 stadium are clearly not based on fact. Otherwise why on earth would our board of directors have spent £48 million buying up all of the property around the ground and commissioned architects to design a new 55K - 60K stadium? Personally I am reasonably confident that our board of directors are better placed than the Newcastle fans (or myself) to judge the level of capacity that would be optimum for Tottenham Hotspur.

Such a small sample does make the result rather questionable and looking at the list a few things stick out like a sore thumb. Firstly there is no way that Liverpool really do have more fans that Man Utd these days, or that we have more fans than Arsenal these days. Chelsea should also be a lot higher up the list. My guess is that the survey doesn't really include kids - as Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea have all taken a lot of young support due to their recent success.

In saying that surely any type of independent survey has to be a better method than 'The Greatest Fans in The World TM' claiming that Newcastle are the biggest and best supported club in the World and that Tottenham are merely the 5th best supported in the South East of England.

Also if you look at the entire top ten in that survey. You would have to say that those ten are what I think most would consider to be the ten clubs with the highest level of support in England (Leeds would probably also have made it had it not been Premiership only). So they have obviously got something right.

Anyway I'll leave you lot to your insular looking Geordie World now. Good luck for the rest of your season (other than this weekend) and also in finding a decent buyer for your club (although to be honest the existing one probably hasn't done you too much harm seeing as he cleared over £100 million of debt that you were carrying).

Canny sample size if done properly. The fact it's an internet poll renders it useless bollocks though.

I'd be more concerned that watching their team on TV is supposed to make them the 'best' fans. :aye:

You're right, it is a decent sample size, I'm not sure how big your fellow supporters think sample sizes are but they're never generally more than a couple of thousand, as for the watching your team on tv comment, maybe you should reread the article, it says Liverpool are the best supported club and as a side point mentions that they are also the most watched on tv, nothing to do with the point that I was making, finally, there is nothing wrong with internet surveys, it is the 21st century after all!

You're right, it is a decent sample size, I'm not sure how big your fellow supporters think sample sizes are but they're never generally more than a couple of thousand, as for the watching your team on tv comment, maybe you should reread the article, it says Liverpool are the best supported club and as a side point mentions that they are also the most watched on tv, nothing to do with the point that I was making, finally, there is nothing wrong with internet surveys, it is the 21st century after all!

Surely the fact that the survey was carried out on behalf of these guys http://www.wheresthematch.com/tv/home.asp which appears to be some sort of football streaming website suggests that its the sort of armchair,sky/setanta/stream watching fan that the survey did actually ask? Do you think they went to the bother of employing market researchers to ask 2,708 folk just about to go through a turnstile which team they support?......the survey is fucking useless, the telegraph should be shot for using it.

What the article suggests is that Liverpool has the most glory hunters based on "past successes" with Manu second and Spurs third.....and we're 5th which just proves what a crock of shit it all is, because where's the glory in supporting us at the moment, either in person at the games or via a tv screen? And for that matter fuckin Spurs haven't been setting the premier league since its inception have they? based on this survey Spurs would be the third best supported team because of the acheivements of Bill Nicholson and Danny Blanchflower.......what a load of fuckin shit.

On their official site NEWCASTLE UNITED AWAY 1,800 TICKETS - GENERAL SALE

MASSIVE CLUB

...A HARDER away to get to with no public transport on a cunt of a day

Fri 26.12.08 Wigan Athletic (a)

@ JJB Stadium, 3pm. Premier League.

Allocation 5,400. SOLD OUT.

I didn't even realise they classed themselves as Sunderland's size till they came 5th. What a set of wanks, but we;'ll be smiling on Sunday night

Even though you are retarded 95% of the time, I hope your right.

As opposed to being retarded 100% of the time.

Hi all, another Tottenham fan here in peace.

Please don't be fooled into tarring us all by the same brush because of a few muppets on You're on Sky Sports - we're passionate and loyal fans and most of us respect clubs like Newcastle United. The guys who invade this board to wind you lot up are doing the club no justice at all - they're idiots.

Personally I think we will struggle to fill a 60k stadium unless we get very creative with our ticket pricing. However, I think that many of you are underestimating the size of our fanbase. Stevie's suggestion that we have very few supporters outside of London is laughable. In fact, I'd say that even traditionally the majority of our support has not come from North London itself (that's always been Arsenal territory) but many of the neighbouring counties like Essex, Hertforshire, etc.

Anyway, I won't wish you best of luck for the weekend as I can't possibly mean it, but I do hope that you sort yourselves out soon as it's a shame to see a club like yours in such a disorganised mess. Newcastle is also a cracking city and so deserves a top quality football club. Best of luck for when you play the gooner scum on 21st March.

PS. We're bigger than you! :aye: