Allardyce to be named Rovers boss

Marko

Sky Sports News understands that Blackburn Rovers are set to appoint Sam Allardyce as their new manager.

Allardyce is reported to have been in discussions with the Ewood Park outfit since late on Tuesday night and he is now said to be ready to succeed Paul Ince.

The former Bolton and Newcastle boss has made no secret of his desire to return to management since leaving St James' Park in January.

Allardyce, 54, along with ex-England boss Steve McClaren, was a contender for the Ewood Park hot-seat in the summer, but Ince - who was sacked on Tuesday - was the preferred candidate.

However, Allardyce now looks set to be named Rovers' new chief and it appears he will be appointed in time for Saturday's home meeting with Stoke City.

Graeme Souness, who managed Rovers between 2000 and 2004, was also rumoured to be close to making a return to the one-time Premier League champions but he ruled himself out of the running on Wednesday morning.

--------------------------

Should be interesting when we go in January. This seems to be pretty nailed on now!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle fans ought to stop slagging Allardyce, he did more for your club that KK's second coming! And where are you now? Good luck if you want to play pretty football at the bottom of the table. JFK won't take you anywhere but down. £5 says Allardyce will lead Blackburn to above Newcastle by the end of the season.

spot on redrob. I would put Newcastle fans up there with Spurs' in the 'we're too good for this' standings. Sam had you mid-table with none of his own players. Now you're fighting relegation. Think about it!

Oh dear

I bet that's the 606 messageboard btw. How fucking thick would you have to be to be able to hang around that board without it driving you insane. Apart from the factual innaccuracy about him not having any of his own players. He must have signed at least half a dozen first teamers.

I bet that's the 606 messageboard btw. How fucking thick would you have to be to be able to hang around that board without it driving you insane. Apart from the factual innaccuracy about him not having any of his own players. He must have signed at least half a dozen first teamers.

Home to the sort of fan that buys Black and White magazine rather than The Mag. Sort of fan that asks you to sit down so they can see.

Newcastle fans ought to stop slagging Allardyce, he did more for your club that KK's second coming! And where are you now? Good luck if you want to play pretty football at the bottom of the table. JFK won't take you anywhere but down. £5 says Allardyce will lead Blackburn to above Newcastle by the end of the season.

spot on redrob. I would put Newcastle fans up there with Spurs' in the 'we're too good for this' standings. Sam had you mid-table with none of his own players. Now you're fighting relegation. Think about it!

Oh dear

Got a point though, we ARE better than this :aye:

And I thought we were too small for him? :aye: Will probably do a fair job there mind, won't take them down anyway.

He knows he can't cut it at a big club, still he's not a bottler like O'Neill, at least he had a crack at us.

I can see him making them harder to beat but wins may be tough to come by. I can't see Roque Santa Cruz scoring when getting nothing but balls hoofed in his general direction for 90 minutes.

"Ball aimed forward, Santa Cruz will chase"

"Long ball, too high for Santa Cruz"

"Ball knocked forward, Santa Cruz won't get there"

and repeat

Allardyce isn't that bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm super glad that he's no longer our manager, but I think he should be able to keep Blackburn up as they have a decent squad of players.

That said they are a little detached at the bottom at the moment, so it will be a telling few weeks to see whether his arrival lifts the spirit of their players.