Ashley threatened with sectioning after worrying outburst

Ketsbaia

Okay, the title may be a bit of a sensationalisation but i'd be looking to put the fucker under lock and key after this :aye:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2048523.ece

JOE KINNEAR has been hailed as “better than Fabio Capello” by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

In Ashley’s eyes Kinnear has proved to be no ordinary Joe after he brought him in from the managerial wilderness to become temporary boss three months ago.

The appointment was widely ridiculed but Kinnear has imposed his authority and is now being compared to England boss Capello.

He masterminded a 3-0 thrashing of Portsmouth at Fratton Park last weekend which pulled Newcastle clear of the Premier League relegation zone.

Ashley, who turned to Kinnear after Kevin Keegan quit and Terry Venables rejected the chance to stand in, boldly predicted: “We will stay up. Yes, definitely.

“Joe’s the man to do the job. He’s my hero. Is he better than Capello? Definitely. We are going to be in Europe by the end of the season!”

Ashley still intends to sell Newcastle but, in troubled economic times, he cannot find a buyer prepared to pay £250million.

In the meantime Kinnear wants to dabble in the January transfer market and bring in the type of recruits which will ensure Newcastle’s survival and make Ashley’s club more attractive to prospective purchasers.

Keegan’s main reason for leaving was that Ashley’s sidekicks Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez dictated transfer policy.

But Ashley has promised there will be no such interference with Kinnear, who is in charge until the end of the season.

Ashley said: “It is up to Joe, we have signed him, it’s up to him. I’ve definitely got some money although whether I will give it to him or not is another question! Joe realises that Newcastle don’t have a bottomless pit of money so he will be very careful with what he does.

“If it’s a player that costs £30m then I can absolutely say ‘I don’t think so’.

“But will he able to get the players he wants to tinker with the team and change the balance? The answer’s yes.”

Ashley released a lengthy statement three months ago when he put the club up for sale.

He added: “The situation over the sale of the club has not changed. It’s still a reality, it is still for sale.”

Nice of him to talk to one of Murdoch's rags instead of us directly.

I don't believe they are real quotes - or I certainly don't believe he was aware he was talking to a newspaper.

However I do love how the newspaper makes everything comic book/ soap opera.

Keegan’s main reason for leaving was that Ashley’s sidekicks Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez dictated transfer policy.

I don't believe they are real quotes - or I certainly don't believe he was aware he was talking to a newspaper.

I do. It's a piece of piss to get money out of publications in the UK for defamation and other stuff of that ilk. If he has been stitched up then he'd be a fool not to take them to court and make a couple of grand out of them.

I think he's trying to play the press so they give him and easier ride because from the tone of that article it sounds like he has nee intention of selling up. The press will be quite happy to cut him some slack if they can get interviews and info off him. Need I remind you of Anal's brown nosing of Shepherd until the day he finally shipped out?

I do. It's a piece of piss to get money out of publications in the UK for defamation and other stuff of that ilk. If he has been stitched up then he'd be a fool not to take them to court and make a couple of grand out of them.

Didn't the NOTW admit a while back that their 'interview' with him was a complete fabrication?

Didn't the NOTW admit a while back that their 'interview' with him was a complete fabrication?

I've no idea if they admitted it. I know Ashley claimed it was made up but since he didn't threaten them with court and knowing what we know now I do wonder whether he was telling the truth or not. If the NOTW made it up he why did he give them another interview last weekend? Why is he apparently talking to their sister publication now? Like I said, I think he's talking to the press so they get off his back.

Edited by Ketsbaia

*laughs*

:aye:

"But will he able to get the players he wants to tinker with the team and change the balance? The answer's yes."

"I've definitely got some money although whether I will give it to him (Kinnear) or not is another question," added Ashley.

What the fuck?

So Kinnear can choose which players he wants and have the final say??

WTF didn't you afford Keegan that same right you fat cockney cunt! :aye:

He did afford Keegan the same right publicly. He's just a liar.

And if he's not a liar he's got it so fucked up it's scary

Sam Allardyce was in sole charge of who got signed, but they realised that it was too costly to have a manager do that because of the rebuild costs when he goes, so they reigned in Kevin Keegan and told him they'll supply the players, he just needs to coach them. Now they've realised that's not the way and they've given Joe Kinnear carte blanche.

Of the 3 Keegan is the one you'd gladly give your cash to, possibly his greatest ability outside of motivation is to spot someone talented, comfortable on the ball and able to pass and move. His purchases rarely drop in value. But he's the ONLY manager not given control by Ashley. Bloody Allardyce and Kinnear get it to sign blood and guts donkeys across the park.