Looks like he's staying

Snake

I've said all along, my judgement on Ashley will be made by February 3rd, after the transfer window. If he's strengthened the squad and Owen is still there, even without a new contract, I'd settle for that. If not, and Owen's gone, then yeah, that's when I'll turn against Ashley.

ugh please no, though I can see why, the world is in the biggest economic crisis of recent years and we're looking for a 300mil + investment in a business that has no guarantee of success

I've said all along, my judgement on Ashley will be made by February 3rd, after the transfer window. If he's strengthened the squad and Owen is still there, even without a new contract, I'd settle for that. If not, and Owen's gone, then yeah, that's when I'll turn against Ashley.

How many chances do you want to give the bloke?

Personally I want rid, asap regardless of what he does from this point on - I trust him less than I ever trusted Fat Freddie (amazingly).

How many chances do you want to give the bloke?

Personally I want rid, asap regardless of what he does from this point on - I trust him less than I ever trusted Fat Freddie (amazingly).

The only real mistake he made was Sept 1st, so I wouldn't say he's had a chance to put that right. January is his one, and only chance for me, to put things right...or at least try to.

£250 mil may be what hes paid for the club, unfortunately there are 2 clubs for sale in the league for less than half of that. West Ham and Pompey

And probably both more attractive to potential buyers.

£250 mil may be what hes paid for the club, unfortunately there are 2 clubs for sale in the league for less than half of that. West Ham and Pompey

And probably both more attractive to potential buyers.

How do you work that out exactly?

West Ham & Portsmouth have much smaller incomes than us, smaller stadia, managers on long-term contracts who'll cost a lot of money to replace if need be and are in serious debt, whereas the only debt we have is around £40m on transfers still owed out which you get at every club anyway, a good infrastructure, the knowledge that they'll be welcomed straight away by the fans because they're desparate for their current owner to leave, and are in a position where in May they can appoint whoever they want without paying any compensation, or if they buy us before then, won't have to pay much to pay-off JFK.

Yep, definitely a more attractive proposition. :aye:

Portsmouth defender Lauren believes a successful team is being 'dismantled' on the South Coast.

Pompey have already given France international Lassana Diarra permission to speak with Spanish giants Real Madrid, while the future of many other players remains unclear.

Tony Adams is adamant that he will not sanction a mass exodus of his top talent in January, but the Fratton Park chief could be in for a difficult New Year.

Lauren certainly believes that further departures are on the cards, with the Cameroonian full-back tipping Jermain Defoe and Glen Johnson to join former boss Harry Redknapp at Tottenham.

He told Spanish newspaper AS: "The team is being dismantled and the big teams are coming in. Not only is it Diarra, there is Defoe, who could return to Tottenham, to whom Glen Johnson is also going to go.

"The economic situation is very bad, we are already aware of this.

"Look at the signings that were made in the last two years. They brought me, (Sol) Campbell, Kanu, (Peter) Crouch, Defoe, (Pedro) Mendes, who has already gone to Rangers. Of these, the great majority are going to go."

Lauren also lists himself among those who could be heading for pastures new during the impending transfer window.

He added: "Me as well. In January. It's Turkey or Greece."

other things to consider if buying us or other clubs, is our inflated wagebill. sure we have very little debt, but the overall cost of running our club i'd suggest is significantly higher than the pompeys and west hams of this world.

oh and The proof is in the pudding and the pudding, in this case, is a fat chairman.

other things to consider if buying us or other clubs, is our inflated wagebill. sure we have very little debt, but the overall cost of running our club i'd suggest is significantly higher than the pompeys and west hams of this world.

oh and The proof is in the pudding and the pudding, in this case, is a fat chairman.

West Ham are supposed to have a massive wage bill too.

The founder and owner of Sports Direct paid £134m for the club last year. Since then he has ploughed another £110m into the club to reduce debt.

Asked about the sale, he said: "Basically, I'd take £250m."

And walk off with 2 years of Sky TV money, gate receipts, advertising and corporate cash stuffing his pockets while leaving a hideous fucking shambles in his wake with an ugly 50ft long Sports Direct sign emblazoned across it.

The founder and owner of Sports Direct paid £134m for the club last year. Since then he has ploughed another £110m into the club to reduce debt.

And walk off with 2 years of Sky TV money, gate receipts, advertising and corporate cash stuffing his pockets while leaving a hideous fucking shambles in his wake with an ugly 50ft long Sports Direct sign emblazoned across it.

Eh? How do you figure that one out? The only money Ashley will walk away with is the £250m the new people pay him. That money you've mentioned will still be in the club's accounts, not Ashley's.

Eh? How do you figure that one out? The only money Ashley will walk away with is the £250m the new people pay him. That money you've mentioned will still be in the club's accounts, not Ashley's.

I haven't got a clue to tell the truth.

If he's not already used the bulk of that money to cover part of his own investment to pay off the debt, why are the club sitting on it rather than spending it?