Looks like he's staying

Snake

Is it not just paying for the running costs of the club?

costs32.gif

That covered 10 years, so take out £155M (transfers, Finance and Shareholders), it takes about £50M a year to run the club.

Don't we get about £40M a year TV money?

No way is he not in hefty profit with his transfer record.

Edited by Happy Face

Yep, definitely a more attractive proposition. :aye:

Portsmouth defender Lauren believes a successful team is being 'dismantled' on the South Coast.

Pompey have already given France international Lassana Diarra permission to speak with Spanish giants Real Madrid, while the future of many other players remains unclear.

Tony Adams is adamant that he will not sanction a mass exodus of his top talent in January, but the Fratton Park chief could be in for a difficult New Year.

Lauren certainly believes that further departures are on the cards, with the Cameroonian full-back tipping Jermain Defoe and Glen Johnson to join former boss Harry Redknapp at Tottenham.

He told Spanish newspaper AS: "The team is being dismantled and the big teams are coming in. Not only is it Diarra, there is Defoe, who could return to Tottenham, to whom Glen Johnson is also going to go.

"The economic situation is very bad, we are already aware of this.

"Look at the signings that were made in the last two years. They brought me, (Sol) Campbell, Kanu, (Peter) Crouch, Defoe, (Pedro) Mendes, who has already gone to Rangers. Of these, the great majority are going to go."

Lauren also lists himself among those who could be heading for pastures new during the impending transfer window.

He added: "Me as well. In January. It's Turkey or Greece."

Nee worse than letting the only player who can score in our team getting to the last 6 months of his contract. Dont delude yourselves, we are in grave danger of going down this season and despite how big people think we are, wel not be half as attractive in the Championship

Is it not just paying for the running costs of the club?

costs32.gif

That covered 10 years, so take out £155M (transfers, Finance and Shareholders), it takes about £50M a year to run the club.

Don't we get about £40M a year TV money?

No way is he not in hefty profit with his transfer record.

That's what's been bemusing me with the transfers, I can't see how we've not got a cash build up somewhere unless something major has changed that I'm missing.