Wank Journalism

Guest Stevie

Joey Barton to follow Michael Owen and Mark Viduka out of Newcastle

By Sunday Mirror Sport, sundaymirror.co.uk 21/12/2008

Joey Barton (Pic:Getty)

Newcastle bad boy Joey Barton could join Michael Owen and Mark Viduka in a summer exodus.

The Toon top brass tried to unload the troubled midfielder in August when his reputation and lack of a fitness after serving a jail sentence put off potential buyers. But Newcastle could still do business if they can recoup the £5million that they paid Manchester City.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Toon boss Joey Kinnear has revealed Barton will not return to first-team action until possibly March from the knee injury he suffered last month.

Owen looks certain to reject a new deal, with Manchester City and Spurs both eyeing him, while Kinnear admits Viduka's chances of a new deal are slim.

Terrible. 1/10. The media in this country are a disgrace. Stone wall fact. It doesn't bother many people but it really winds me up.

Edited by Stevie

Latest one is Joe Kinnear has discreetly applied for the Sunderland job. FFS :lol:

Some bloke on Keep Hold of The Back Page on Sky with a hint of a mackem accent now, reckons Owen decided 6 months ago that he was away, and he'd welcome a move to Man City or Everton. Anyone know who he is what paper he writes for etc? The thing about these wanks, when what they write doesn't come true that aren't accountable for anything, and never have to be asked why they wrote shite.

Joey Barton to follow Michael Owen and Mark Viduka out of Newcastle

By Sunday Mirror Sport, sundaymirror.co.uk 21/12/2008

Joey Barton (Pic:Getty)

Newcastle bad boy Joey Barton could join Michael Owen and Mark Viduka in a summer exodus.

The Toon top brass tried to unload the troubled midfielder in August when his reputation and lack of a fitness after serving a jail sentence put off potential buyers. But Newcastle could still do business if they can recoup the £5million that they paid Manchester City.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Toon boss Joey Kinnear has revealed Barton will not return to first-team action until possibly March from the knee injury he suffered last month.

Owen looks certain to reject a new deal, with Manchester City and Spurs both eyeing him, while Kinnear admits Viduka's chances of a new deal are slim.

Terrible. 1/10. The media in this country are a disgrace. Stone wall fact. It doesn't bother many people but it really winds me up.

I think its wank yes but for different reasons, to me they're just stating the obvious.

Re: Owen, remember the club said he'd been offered a new and improved contract which, it now transpires, was a 12 month extension. Just another indication of the way the regime operates.

Has the story not broken yet that I could sign for Newcastle United this summer? Very true.

Hold the back page.....

If you replace Shola in the squad it's a deal that would be welcomed by me.

Re: Owen, remember the club said he'd been offered a new and improved contract which, it now transpires, was a 12 month extension. Just another indication of the way the regime operates.

That's the thing, a spanking new contract on less for..... 12 months, it's amazing he was even talking about it really.

When did this come to light? It explains his comment about after the Pompey match about not being interested in a short term contract. At the time I thought he was just avoiding the question.

Edited by ewerk

Or the fact that Nicky Butt was "coming in on Monday to sign the new contract that hes more than happy with" according to JFK a fortnight ago yet lo and behold theres no sign of it so far even though Butt has been quoted as saying he wants to finish his career here".

When did this come to light? It explains his comment about after the Pompey match about not being interested in a short term contract. At the time I thought he was just avoiding the question.

JFK came out with it when he was on about talking to Owen.

No wonder "talks" got no where if it was true.

To be honest I think he just wants a decent length contract.

Some of the clubs being mention in regards to signing him are simply sidesteps.

He'd be off like a shot if any of the 'top four' came in for him. Not saying that you said otherwise btw.