Pope: Save the world from gays

LeazesMag

The worthless shower of CUNTS should be making up for it by ENCOURAGING non-breeding sex.

Ah but the real reason the catholic church is so anti-homosexual sex isn't because of a moral reason - its practical - it means less chance of new recruits. This is the same reason they are against heterosexual non-reproductive sex even in marriage.

As George Carlin said its all about the numbers.

Of course it should go without saying that over-population is infinitely more of a threat to the planet than a few gays.

That's the same with most all religion though.

Catholic, Anglican (everywhere but the West, anyway) & Islam certainly.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worthless shower of CUNTS should be making up for it by ENCOURAGING non-breeding sex.

Ah but the real reason the catholic church is so anti-homosexual sex isn't because of a moral reason - its practical - it means less chance of new recruits. This is the same reason they are against heterosexual non-reproductive sex even in marriage.

Of course it should go without saying that over-population is infinitely more of a threat to the planet than a few gays.

Disturbing lack of smilies from you fop, you feeling alright mate?

Disturbing lack of smilies from you fop, you feeling alright mate?

The Pope doesn't like them.

Homosexuality is just fine by me. Leaves more women available to us 'normal' blerks :outahere:

Unfortunately the bean flickers tend to even things up. :o

Hmmm, my argument is flawed I see. I'll go to the pineapple on Sunday then :outahere:

Burn the homs etc :lol::)

Pretty damn embarrassing. I thought this was meant to be the 21st century? Wasn't so long ago one bloke with an awkward mustache was suggesting we "save humanity" from Jews, blacks, the list goes on.

President Ahmadinejad?

Silly Fop, there are no gays in his country :lol:

to be honest i also think his comments are silly and not sure why he picked the season of good will to express his views. i find his comparison to saving rainforests a bit confusing as the comments about sexuality concern society's wellbeing, whereas saving rainforests issues concern conserving the environment. it is, however, his opinion and i think he should be free to express it as long as anyone can say we need to save the world from organised religion among other things. i think the outrage is that homosexuals have been mistreated as a result of prejudice from religious people throughout history - something surely anyone who believes in loving their neighbour would find disgraceful. i don't think his comments are particularly helpful in tackling these important issues as it can provoke the continual prejudice and at the very least doesn't do much to change some people's stereotypes that religious people in general are prejudice against gay people.

The thing is TI I'm all for free speech but people who hold responsible positions have to consider that responsibility when giving an opinion. Despite the supposed infallibility/link to God a pope has a shit load of advisors who are there to either help him put opinions correctly or to do what they should have done here and politely tell him his comments will be used against the church.

I saw one comment on the Guardian site which had a different angle - the pope was basically stating that humans are either born/created male or female and that's it. Now putting homosexuality aside the scientific truth is that they are not - transgenderism can be an innate feature of someone which then suggests that once again the church is denying science. This in addition to denying that homosexuality is natural - as seen elsewhere in nature.

You know my position is to delight in religious fuckups as it almost does my job for me but at the same time if I was a member of the church I think I'd have the right to ask him what the fuck he was thinking of - in that I almost feel sorry for ordinary decent catholics.

Pretty damn embarrassing. I thought this was meant to be the 21st century? Wasn't so long ago one bloke with an awkward mustache was suggesting we "save humanity" from Jews, blacks, the list goes on.

President Ahmadinejad?

Silly Fop, there are no gays in his country :)

Not any more. :lol:

The thing is TI I'm all for free speech but people who hold responsible positions have to consider that responsibility when giving an opinion. Despite the supposed infallibility/link to God a pope has a shit load of advisors who are there to either help him put opinions correctly or to do what they should have done here and politely tell him his comments will be used against the church.

I saw one comment on the Guardian site which had a different angle - the pope was basically stating that humans are either born/created male or female and that's it. Now putting homosexuality aside the scientific truth is that they are not - transgenderism can be an innate feature of someone which then suggests that once again the church is denying science. This in addition to denying that homosexuality is natural - as seen elsewhere in nature.

You know my position is to delight in religious fuckups as it almost does my job for me but at the same time if I was a member of the church I think I'd have the right to ask him what the fuck he was thinking of - in that I almost feel sorry for ordinary decent catholics.

Ah that is true - he doesn't exactly lack power and responsibiity to religion. I still think the way he's expressed his opinions is clumsy and irresponsible, but they're also nothing new for Christians - God doesn't want homosexual acts etc. I think there's more important issues he could havce focussed on. Maybe he could have shown awareness and respect for gay Catholics trying to live a celibate life.

That would be a ridiculous thing to show respect for imo.

I don't agree with it (although I respect his right to say it), but if he'd been from certain other groups saying exactly the same thing (or worse) there'd have been either some seriously studious ignoring of it, and/or active apologism/support for it. :lol:

As for religion denying science, compared to organised religion with it's "agenda's", science is no less agenda driven. Much scientific research is funded from/by a "group/person/organisation" with a percieved aim in sight, scientists would find funding pretty thin on the ground if they couldn't/didn't find "scientific results" pointing towards that aim/agenda.

Truly independant scientific research is a rare beast.

What's the agenda and who pays for cosmology research which I think is the magic bullet when it comes to showing up religion?

A hypothetical "magic bullet"

"The big bang today relies on a growing number of hypothetical entities, things that we have never observed -- inflation, dark matter and dark energy are the most prominent examples. Without them, there would be a fatal contradiction between the observations made by astronomers and the predictions of the big bang theory. In no other field of physics would this continual recourse to new hypothetical objects be accepted as a way of bridging the gap between theory and observation. It would, at the least, raise serious questions about the validity of the underlying theory".

"Supporters of the big bang theory may retort that these theories do not explain every cosmological observation. But that is scarcely surprising, as their development has been severely hampered by a complete lack of funding. Indeed, such questions and alternatives cannot even now be freely discussed and examined. An open exchange of ideas is lacking in most mainstream conferences. Whereas Richard Feynman could say that "science is the culture of doubt", in cosmology today doubt and dissent are not tolerated, and young scientists learn to remain silent if they have something negative to say about the standard big bang model. Those who doubt the big bang fear that saying so will cost them their funding".

From - http://www.cosmology.info/

I don't know who funds it, but trace it back and there's an agenda somewhere, even if it's "Oh look we've discovered xyz, keep my research funded (and me in a job)" - see second quoted paragraph

What a fucking pathetic excuse for a human being.

:lol: You are an idiot aren't you?

Shock horror! The Pope doesn't like the gays! FFS it's hardly breaking news, you think he'd come out and demanded a cull of all shirt-lifters given some of the reactions.

And technically homosexuality isn't a sin in the Cathlolic Church, otherwise half our priests would be heading straight for hell.

What a fucking pathetic excuse for a human being.

:lol: You are an idiot aren't you?

Shock horror! The Pope doesn't like the gays! FFS it's hardly breaking news, you think he'd come out and demanded a cull of all shirt-lifters given some of the reactions.

And technically homosexuality isn't a sin in the Cathlolic Church, otherwise half our priests would be heading straight for hell.

If thinking the pope is a cunt for preaching hate (because that's what he's doing) then I guess you're right, I am an idiot.

:)

Let's just play safe and burn all homs and Catholics. Sorted !!

:lol::):outahere:

I'm going with that stance, sounds ideal.

I'm willing to take the hit to rid the world of Catholics. My martyrdom will be rewarded in heav... oh, wait.