Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United

Tom

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspected Portsmouth were shite before we played them after seeing them against the makems. When we played them without Diarra my thoughts about there midfield were confirmed. They are wank but they have a decent defense and strikers and they will be ok this season. Could be in big trouble next year.

What are we now? 14th?

Both West Ham and Man City have leapfrogged us.

Goal difference is -2 ... not so bad.

Even with a loss to Liverpool, we won't be in the zone come the end of the weekend.

Who will play for us come Sunday?

Two questions:

How fit is Oba?

Did Dukes leave injured or just too run-out?

What a difference a year makes.....

I would actually play reserve/academy lads instead of butt, and if necessary at lb to keep zoggy at left midfield (and duff away from the midfield). They actually cannot do a worse job

For me, the midfield holds many all of our problems. Going backwards and forwards.

FYP

What are we now? 14th?

Even with a loss to Liverpool, we won't be in the zone come the end of the weekend.

Two questions:

How fit is Oba?

... I thought we were 12th.

we are... and they haven't leap frogged us...

Edited by The Fish

What are we now? 14th?

Two questions:

How fit is Oba?

... I though we were 12th.

Si, yes we are ...

:lol:

BASSONG.

1: Possibly an offside play.

2: Linesman nearly shaking his arm off for something.

3: Referee ignores his assistant and lets play go on.

4: Bassong fouls Heskey outside the box.

5: Referee lets play go on.

6: Bassong & Heskey tugging and pulling and shoving at each other.

7: Heskey goes down easily in the box.

8: Referee gives Bassong a red-card and awards a penalty.

9: Totally rubbish refereeing in this instance.

KINNEAR.

1: We're behind two-nowt.

2: Takes Owen off.

3: Replaces him with Edgar, a defender FFS!

4: Thus leaving Carroll as the only forward.

5: We're still two-nowt down.

6: IS KINNEAR MAD.

DUFF.

1: Duff by name, duff by performence.

2: He could have got us a draw.

KINNEAR.

Erm, a defender FFS had just been sent off. What did you expect?

The win to West Ham doesn't help our cause ... at least Mackems v. Rovers and the Spurs game ended as draws!

I still think it'll be Baggies, Stoke and West Ham that'll go down.

However, we (or Blackburn) could be taking the Hammers' spot if we ain't careful.

I'd add Pompey to that list. That side has truly lost it.

KINNEAR.

Erm, a defender FFS had just been sent off. What did you expect?

I expect a reshuffle naturally, but I don't expect the strike-force to be reduced to one fringe player when you're behind 2-0, unless the idea is to maintain and defend a two-nowt loss.

Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear on referee Mike Dean:

"I can't find words to express his (Dean's) performance. If he gives a penalty for Heskey why couldn't he for Andy Carroll?

"Heskey has done well, thrown himself and lost his balance. But he's 6ft 3in. The referees fall for it. At the other end Andy Carroll's got hacked down from behind. See it on TV, see it on the tape, it's a clear penalty. Even Stevie Bruce said the same but we didn't get it. That sums up his performance.

"In the last 15 minutes I always thought we'd get something out of the game. Then the penalty pops us, but you have to rely on officials to do their job, what they are supposed to do.

"They want respect in the game but what would you say after today. I'm too sick to say anything else."

Watching the whole Bassong-Heskey incident unfold did make me feel like I had entered a twilight zone, where the rules of football were completely different.

"Wait, but no surely?... What the hell is going on here!!?"

It really wasn't a complicated incident, which is why it was so insane.

Linesman was right to flag when he did, and the ref was also correct to let play go on at first. Bassong fouled Heskey once or twice but never even touched him in less than 20 yards from our goal.

When play is halted or when Heskey falls, Easy decision for the ref is to bring it back to where the last "foul" was committed and maybe give a yellow (debatable even). NOT wait and see how long Heskey can stay up and then give a foul wherever he gives up and tumbles. Red card was just icing on the shitcake.

Hopefully they will appeal against Bassong's red. Anyone who watches the replay should be able to work outwhat little contact there is between Bassong and Heskey after the play-on is minimal. Bassong simply caught up with Heskey because he was on the right side of him and he is quick and Heskey isn't. That said, if the card is overturned, it won't be prior to the Liverpool match, which will likely leave us with a defence of Edgar - Taylor - Coloccini - N'Zogbia. :lol:

Carroll's "dive" looked far more a penalty than Heskey's. But instead the ref chooses to give him a yellow card. That could easily have been a penalty. When you add that to the Heskey dive and fact he was offside, Zaki's "exaggerated reactions" and Cattermole only get a yellow for a terrible attempted tackle, it's fair to say we were hard done by from the referee despite our poor performance.

I guess that makes ryan taylor the new le tissier

....although le tiss did score against other teams except newcastle

Really needed something today to avoid slipping even further when the Scousers give a pasting on Sunday. Not that we deserved anything. Wigan away is our new Southampton away.

It really wasn't a complicated incident, which is why it was so insane.

Linesman was right to flag when he did, and the ref was also correct to let play go on at first. Bassong fouled Heskey once or twice but never even touched him in less than 20 yards from our goal.

When play is halted or when Heskey falls, Easy decision for the ref is to bring it back to where the last "foul" was committed and maybe give a yellow (debatable even). NOT wait and see how long Heskey can stay up and then give a foul wherever he gives up and tumbles. Red card was just icing on the shitcake.

Dean's interpretation of the incident was so incorrectly far in Wigan's favour you'd think he was a particularly partisan Mackem with a Heskey shrine in the corner of his room. For some reason.

Watching the whole Bassong-Heskey incident unfold did make me feel like I had entered a twilight zone, where the rules of football were completely different.

"Wait, but no surely?... What the hell is going on here!!?"

It was clearly a free kick outside of the box. God only knows the refs reasoning. Have to side with JK on this, quite possibly the worst reffing I've seen in my life.