Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United

Tom

Carroll's "dive" looked far more a penalty than Heskey's. But instead the ref chooses to give him a yellow card. That could easily have been a penalty. When you add that to the Heskey dive and fact he was offside, Zaki's "exaggerated reactions" and Cattermole only get a yellow for a terrible attempted tackle, it's fair to say we were hard done by from the referee despite our poor performance.

As JK said his calf was scraped down the back. A clear pen imo.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in cases like this the club should be able to show some balls and ask the EPL to review the ref's performance linked to the 4 or 5 key incidents (including the FK they scored from). I'd love to see Hackett give a view of all of them and even say "Of the 5 he got 4 wrong which is unacceptable".

I know this sounds bitter and petty - I remember us playing Birmingham a couple of years ago and the ref not sending off Savage for a second yellow in the 90th minute and the commentator saying something like "what would be the point?" - the point would be make sure he was punished and not to cheat the team they were playing the next week out of him missing the game.

I know we won't get the points back but surely everyone has an interested in getting people like Dean out of the game.

It looks like we're going to be relegated soon when I read all the posts here. Yes, we were shite, but what do you expect from this squad? Anything other than a finish between 10th and 15th just isn't realistic when we're not going to strengthen the squad in January. It's only going to be dangerous if we continue to drop points against the likes of Wigan & Stoke at home. Talking of Uefa Cup is dreaming.

Edited by KingKev

Dont be fooled. We could quite easily get less points than anyone but West Brom atm. And thats before we see how many leave in january

Yes, if we loose Zoggy & Owen in January and continue to drop points at home, then we're going to have problems. But I don't think there will be a mass exit in the transfer window. We should do O.K. with Owen until the end of the season. But you're right, if many players leave and nobody is coming in, then the possibility of us going down gets bigger and bigger given the fact that we have a lot of long term injuries.

Anything been mentioned about Viduka yet?

The man is a total disgrace, I have never, ever seen a player just walk off the field and straight down the tunnel like he did. Should burn his contract infront of his face.

Hopefully he got the message when our lot were chanting "not fit to wear the shirt"

Anything been mentioned about Viduka yet?

The man is a total disgrace, I have never, ever seen a player just walk off the field and straight down the tunnel like he did. Should burn his contract infront of his face.

Hopefully he got the message when our lot were chanting "not fit to wear the shirt"

So what you didn't see C. Ronaldo leave the field ad walk straight down the tunnel a couple of weeks ago?

Fuck there are some idiots in this world!

So Viduka's a lazy cunt but when he used correctly he can be the one that turns a game for us, see the ball for Duff's goal and the one for Owen on Boxing day. If you're happy with the likes of Shola, well get use to it because if we're relegated he'll be our first choice striker.

Oh and by the way Viduka is out with a groin strain!

So C.Ronaldo just watched the ball float over his head and shook his head and just strode off the pitch, did he?

He is a waste of air, space and time.

Im not happy with Shola as a first choice, I expect better.

Groin strain ay? Funny how he couldnt even manage a limp off the pitch to fake it at least.

As the song goes: "What a waster, what a fucking waster"