Ashley: club is not for sale

smoggeordie

We might have a few more points under KK but that doesn't hide that we don't have the squad required to challenge for Europe over a season. Even in a freak year like this when the league is so tight. A few better results and we'd still be about 6-7 points off 3rd bottom.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think it's hard to get quality players in January, alex?

More pertinently, NUFC will find it hard this January. Assuming they try, that is.

Edited by alex

He said money was available a few weeks back.

You still don't get that the number of contradictions he has made means that people simply don't believe him do you?

If you're not going to believe it then why would it matter if he said it again?

We'll soon be finding out.

So do you think £20m will be spent in January £15m, £12m or £0?

he [baggy] said that last summer, and last January.

Maybe you would like to tell us how many clubs managed to sign their first choice, quality players during this transfer window ? I take it that you are saying anyone who doesn't do this is shite

Remember, before he even spends a couple of million quid on somebody, ie competing with the also rans, we made a profit in the summer transfer window and has x million quid burning his pocket in advance season ticket sales for starters.

Expect Baggy to defend his DOF crap and the person who brought it to the club to the end.

Which hopefully, will still be soon, despite his recent statement.

Are you going to delete this post like the last one?

As for Fop's question, I don't know what he's going to spend and i don't really care either as long as he brings in another player or two of the quality of Bassong, Jonas and Coloccini, but then again I'm more interested in the quality of player rather than being appeased by spending money.

I do understand that it is harder to bring players in in Janaury though.

so if the quality [and depth] is so much better, please explain the performance.

We have bought players in January before, btw.

If you are happy to see the club competing at the levels of Birmingham, Blackburn etc, then that is where we will be. Living in Bristol you should know all about football clubs behaving like 2nd and 3rd raters.

Your DOF and soopa owner might have sown the seeds that lead to us playing close to your home next season too. I suppose you will be happy with that too.

Are you saying that the players that came in are not as good as the players that left in the last window? Because that would be a major change in opinion from them blowing your socks off which you originally claimed.

Are you also saying that it isn't harder to get quality in in January? Perhaps you could put up a list of quality players that have been signed in the January window to back up your point. I'll start you off with Woodgate and Reyes.

As for living in Bristol, not sure what that has to do with anything but I'm still a season ticket holder and make a 600 mile round trip for games, where do you live btw? Scarborough?! Hows their local club doing apart form going bust?

haha........you have said this before, you're just confirming that you paid no attention to the reply. Which was that there is little point in bringing in good players while letting others go that the manager wants to keep, and undermining him, to balance the books. This is how small clubs like Bristol City operate.

I've never said that I do still live in the city, I knew you would rise to that :icon_lol: but I still go to games, and I always have, I still have friends and family, and I'm prepared to bet I've seen more NUFC games than well over 90% of people who do live in the city have done, and still do.

Also....when I was 27, I was living further away than you do now, and had seen well over 100 games. About 4 times that in fact.

I'm not so sure about Colocinni as I was at first, but having said that, we still didn't bring in players for the positions we needed the most. Players for the attacking positions generally cost more money than defenders though, and there you have th sticking point, unless Denis the DOF can find the new Wayne Rooney and persuade him to sign for us. He's got a month.

No surprise to see you avoid telling me all of the quality players that have moved in the January window, I've started you off with Woodgate and Reyes.

I edited it to respond.

Just like you to ignore the whole of the post.

I can't see a list sorry, perhaps you can highlight it for me.

Either that or backdown and admit it's hard to bring players in in January.

Then again you already know it's hard to get quality in.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/....html#msg695257

"Maybe you would like to tell us how many clubs managed to sign their first choice, quality players during this transfer window ? I take it that you are saying anyone who doesn't do this is shite"

Looks like you're a two faced fat prick after all, unless you're going to say someone edited you post like when we found out you thought Souness was a better manager than Keegan. :unsure:

I fail to see how you get such satisfaction given the way you make yourself look when you post stuff like this btw.

indeed. Its difficult not to feel sorry for him.

More pertinently, NUFC will this January. Assuming they try, that is.

I'll take that as a yes then, but you already told me that a while back when I asked you if you would kick off if we were taken over and didn't get all of the players in we needed in the first window.

I know you don't really want to get involved though and have to tell all of your toontastic chums that I'm right and they're wrong.

I've had enough for one night anyway.

I'll take that as a yes then, but you already told me that a while back when I asked you if you would kick off if we were taken over and didn't get all of the players in we needed in the first window.

I know you don't really want to get involved though and have to tell all of your toontastic chums that I'm right and they're wrong.

You can take it as it was written. Not my fault if you didn't like the answer.

More pertinently, NUFC will find it hard this January. Assuming they try , that is.

is the correct response. And also depending on how much Ashley thinks it takes to get "quality" at Sports Direct type prices.

right about what ? You've been wrong about everything :unsure:

David James, Jimmy Bullard, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock, Henrik Larsson, Patrice Evra, Nicolas Anelka, Javier Mascherano, Nemanja Vidic, Theo Walcott, Emmanuel Adebayor, David Bentley. :unsure:

Matt Taylor, Gary Cahill, James McFadden, Franco Di Santo, Branislav Ivanovic, Martin Skrtel, Felipe Caicedo, Afonso Alves, Lassana Diarra, Jermain Defoe, Alan Hutton, Gilberto, Marlon King, Mohamed Sissoko.

Baggy made mincemeat of here

:unsure:

Has anyone posted the full set of program notes, I remember reading a lot more when I was pissed.

.com have been on the case....

Mike Ashley used the match programme to make his first official communication to fans since his Statement of September 14th 2008, with the emboldened segment going out as a press release:

"As we come to the end of the year, I hope each and every one of you Newcastle United fans inside St.James' Park today has enjoyed a very merry Christmas - and that you all go home smiling today after a win against Liverpool to end 2008 on a high.

"Nobody would pretend the last few months have not been difficult for all of us connected with Newcastle United following Kevin Keegan's departure in September. But I've always seen New Year as a time to look forward and not back and now is the time for everyone who holds the club dear to their hearts to do just that.

"On the pitch things have certainly been going well of late. I'm writing this for you before the game at Wigan but Joe Kinnear and the boys were on a six game unbeaten run going into the Boxing Day match and with 5,000 travelling fans behind them they'll have been going flat out for another win.

"When we turned to Joe in late September we did so in the hope his vast experience would help us out of the tough position we were in. I offered him the post on a short-term basis at first, he accepted without hesitation and after raising spirits and steadying the ship, I thought it was only right to hand him a longer contract.

It took away any uncertainty around Joe and now away from the pitch, I am happy to end the uncertainty fans may have had about the future direction of Newcastle United. I know just how important that is to you.

"I have withdrawn Newcastle United from the market, and for me 2009 will be the year in which we drive the Club forward together. Even when I haven't been at games I have remained a keen supporter, kicking and heading every ball and cheering the team on TV and being the first to congratulate Joe whenever there's a good result.

"When I took the decision to put the Club up for sale in September I made a point of saying two things were very important.

"Firstly, any potential buyer would have to show they had the best interests of Newcastle United at heart and had both the commitment and finance to be worthy custodians of such a fine football club before I would even consider doing a deal.

"And secondly, I gave you my word that as long as I remain owner, this Club would continue to be run responsibly at all levels. I hope you will accept that I have stood by that pledge.

"When I bought Newcastle United I was always committed to developing and investing in our youth structure and that has continued. Now our Academy side sit top of the table after a long winning streak and retain an interest in the FA Youth Cup.

"And it goes further, as the launch of our School Skills Programme will see over 100,000 children in Newcastle and North Tyneside receive the benefit of expert coaching as we look to develop the stars of the future. The North East has produced some great talents down the years but they haven't always been picked up first by our club and I want that to change.

"I am the first to accept there have been times this season when you would have liked to have heard more from me direct, particularly at certain points. There have been reasons why I have not have been able to do that, but in the new year we will look to communicate with you more about what we are doing at St.James' Park, be it through the club's official website, programme and magazine as well as the wider media.

"On the subject of the Press, I have been in discussion with News Group Newspapers Ltd. with regards to a story published in the Sun about me in September whilst I was in New York. Those discussions haven't settled this matter so I have had to sue them.

"I am no different to you when it comes to having a private life so when I am a guest at a party I think I should be left in peace and not expect to see my picture splashed all over the front of a national newspaper.

"For the record, at the time I was in New York I still believed Kevin and everyone else, including myself, could still resolve things and continue working together at Newcastle United. I did not throw a party and I certainly wasn't celebrating Kevin's departure, nor did I pay a huge bar bill or travel to the States by private jet.

"As well as fighting to protect my privacy I wanted you supporters to know what happened. I would still hope the matter can be settled and I would donate any monies paid to me to the Newcastle United Foundation. There are no legal costs for Newcastle United to cover in this matter as it is about my privacy as an individual.

"Back to football, and with the January transfer window approaching, we'll be working closely with Joe to see what can be done to strengthen the squad. With the FA Cup still to come and this Barclays Premier League being one of the tightest anyone can remember, there is still lots to play for between now and May.

"We've seen how quickly you can climb up the table after the wins against Portsmouth and Tottenham Hotspur - and by the way, I wish I had a pound for every time I've had to tell people I'm NOT a Spurs fan and never will be!

"When I looked at the table after the Spurs win I saw we were only five points off a top six place, so great credit to Joe, his coaches and the players for that. And if, like me, you like a gamble now and again then what price a flutter on us reaching that top six?

"It's time to look forwards and upwards. And I sincerely hope all supporters of Newcastle United will see the New Year as a new start in many ways.

"Have a Happy New Year and wherever you are celebrating I hope you have a cracking night!"

http://www.nufc.com/2008-09html/2008-12-28liverpool-h.html

Edited by Happy Face

And if, like me, you like a gamble now and again then what price a flutter on us reaching that top six?

How does this man have so much money?

And if, like me, you like a gamble now and again then what price a flutter on us reaching that top six?

How does this man have so much money?

Right basic plan at the right time, followed by luck and very favourable world conditions for 15+ years.

It's the same sort of nebulous shite he came out with last time he made a statement. I don't believe a word of it.

I, like a fool, was sucked into his tripe first time around and I'll be fucked if i'll buy into it a second time.

All I'd ask is that he shows where it counts.