Shay Given

smoggeordie

Shay Given without doubt is the only player worth his wages,the rest are just a band of overpaid overrated clodhoppers and included in this lot are the likes of Viduka and OWEN how the hell these two dont blush on payday is beyond me. FORTRESS ST JAMES HAS SOME SERIOUS CRACKS IN IT'S WALLS.

Gone are the days when teams used to cringe coming here to play even the likes of Man U and Chelsea they now all come here looking for the three points and sorry to say often do.

Shay Given without doubt is the only player worth his wages,the rest are just a band of overpaid overrated clodhoppers and included in this lot are the likes of Viduka and OWEN how the hell these two dont blush on payday is beyond me. FORTRESS ST JAMES HAS SOME SERIOUS CRACKS IN IT'S WALLS.

Gone are the days when teams used to cringe coming here to play even the likes of Man U and Chelsea they now all come here looking for the three points and sorry to say often do.

Viduka is great (and under appreciated) when fit............ I'm not sure he'll ever be properly fit again though.

Owen is vastly expensive in a games played sense, but in a goals per game sense he's still the best player we have by a mile, doesn't do well in a shit and totally uncreative team though, but then that's never been his forte since his teams really.

It's just a shame we never had them both fit more often.

Also, of course, we're still looking for a midfield for the 3rd or 4th season in a row. :unsure:

apparantly he's just had a massive mansion built so maybe he won't fancy moving.

I heard he wants to live here when he's retired anyway so I'm not sure that would sway his decision either way.

you can tell the players that grow to love the area and community , shays one of those players .

hate to see him leave us , and dont think he will , he may aswell be a geordie he's been through all the crap with us for the last decade .

shays one of us , we need more players as loyal playing for the club

you can tell the players that grow to love the area and community , shays one of those players .

hate to see him leave us , and dont think he will , he may aswell be a geordie he's been through all the crap with us for the last decade .

I think loyalty to a club is one thing however being one of the countries best players in your position with absolutely no foreseeable chance of winning any honours must be a huge factor.

Your post makes me think we should sing 'Given is a Geordie' song for him. As twee as it sounds, I can't pay him a higher compliment tbh.