The compendium - Now in Blog Format

Happy Face

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New quote to add to this one to further confuse things today....

"This club had £100million-worth of debt which has now been cleared"

Chris Mort 07/05/2008

"I then poured another £110 million into the club not to pay off the debt but just to reduce it. The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees."

Mike Ashley 14/09/2008

"Financially we're very sound. We don't owe a bean as far as the club are concerned"

Joe Kinnear 02/01/2009

Edited by Happy Face

"He [Given] won't be leaving, he has no interest in that whatsoever. He loves the football club, he's part of the city and that suits us because he's a world-class goalkeeper. He's very happy here, he's very comfortable at Newcastle United."

Joe Kinnear 31/12/2008

"Shay is very despondent, all that he can see ahead with the turmoil on and off the pitch is a battle for survival. Having served the club loyally for over 11 years, Shay feels compelled to consider his position"

Michael Kennedy 01/01/2009

"I have enquired about Ferguson, but we will wait and see what the outcome is."

Joe Kinnear 03/01/2009

"As far as my chairman, my chief executive and myself are concerned, there's been no contact with Newcastle or any other club regarding Barry."

Walter Smith 05/01/2009

Edited by Happy Face

"He [Given] won't be leaving, he has no interest in that whatsoever. He loves the football club, he's part of the city and that suits us because he's a world-class goalkeeper. He's very happy here, he's very comfortable at Newcastle United."

Joe Kinnear 31/12/2008

"Shay is very despondent, all that he can see ahead with the turmoil on and off the pitch is a battle for survival. Having served the club loyally for over 11 years, Shay feels compelled to consider his position"

Joe Kinnear 03/01/2009

"As far as my chairman, my chief executive and myself are concerned, there's been no contact with Newcastle or any other club regarding Barry."

Walter Smith 05/01/2009

Maybe he spoke to the agent. :(

Joe Kinnear 31/12/2008

Joe Kinnear 03/01/2009

Walter Smith 05/01/2009

Wouldn't that be tapping-up? I'm sure we wouldn't be nefarious like that.

Joe Kinnear 31/12/2008

Joe Kinnear 03/01/2009

Walter Smith 05/01/2009

Wouldn't that be tapping-up? I'm sure we wouldn't be nefarious like that.

Are you allowed to use words like that? :)

My top 10 films of 2008 will be up later. :)

Joe Kinnear 31/12/2008

Joe Kinnear 03/01/2009

Walter Smith 05/01/2009

To be fair you could type "Who is Barry Ferguson?" into Google and then say you enquired about him.

Joe Kinnear 31/12/2008

Joe Kinnear 03/01/2009

Walter Smith 05/01/2009

To be fair you could type "Who is Barry Ferguson?" into Google and then say you enquired about him.

:)

"I have withdrawn Newcastle United from the market. Any potential buyer would have to show they had the best interests of Newcastle United at heart and had both the commitment and finance to be worthy custodians of such a fine football club before I would even consider doing a deal."

Mike Ashley 28/12/2008

“A few weeks ago there was a decent degree of positive thought and optimism that there would be a buyer and then, amongst others, Mr Madoff came along. There were two people that were looking at Newcastle with us who lost, let’s say, over $300m to Madoff. Let’s face it, it (the Madoff scandal) holed everything beneath the water line. The people who were investing with him followed their peers and they should have done their due diligence and all those things and they didn’t. That came at the end of a two or three-month period of absolute decline in all the stock markets, financial markets and banking markets.”

Keith Harris 09/01/2009

"I've spoken to my bosses at the club. They know what my aims are and what I want to continue to progress. As soon as a big club knocks on the door with a good offer, I don't think they'll prevent me leaving."

Charles N'Zogbia 09/01/2009

"The agent’s being disrespectful. He’s never had the decency to explain anything to any member of this football club. It’s laughable, to be honest. It’s absolute nonsense. Charles is under contract until 2012, and I told him on day one that he was a very important player."

Joe Kinnear 09/01/2009

Kinnear again.

"There won’t be any surprise exits. None of the big boys will go but other players may, with a value of £16m for three of them."

Joe Kinnear 03/01/09

“Whatever I can make from the outgoing players will add to that. I would hope to bring in around £2m from the outgoing players"

Joe Kinnear 15/01/09

• 2 weeks later...
“Over the course of the year I’ve spoken to lots of fans about how we can improve things at St James’ Park"

Chris Mort 22/05/2009

"The SJP Box Office telephone number has now been changed with immediate effect to: 0844 372 1892."

NUFC.com 20/01/2009

"01/02 phone numbers are used for everyday local and national calls and can be included in any free or discounted minutes on your tariff. If you don’t have inclusive minutes for these, you’ll typically pay around 4p per minute (ppm) peak and around 1.5ppm off-peak from landlines.

0844 is a revenue-sharing number that is not included in 'free' or discounted minutes. Calls to 0844 phone numbers cost up to 5p a minute from landlines at all times of day, and typically between 15p (if you're a 3 mobile customer) and 40p per minute from mobiles. Depending on your network, call charges may be higher on pay as you go than on a contract."

Which.co.uk

"This club had £100million-worth of debt which has now been cleared"

Chris Mort 07/05/2008

"I then poured another £110 million into the club not to pay off the debt but just to reduce it. The club is still in debt. Even worse than that, the club still owes millions of pounds in transfer fees."

Mike Ashley 14/09/2008

"Financially we're very sound. We don't owe a bean as far as the club are concerned"

Joe Kinnear 02/01/2009

Oh yeah?

mortp1.JPG

Has to be said never seen a pack of liars like this lot. The story chages every week, they are either misinformed or can't actually make their minds up what financial footprint they are going to show us.

Has to be said never seen a pack of liars like this lot. The story chages every week, they are either misinformed or can't actually make their minds up what financial footprint they are going to show us.

Its whichever one works best to shut the masses up at the time.

“I have been out of the country and just returned. I don’t know anything about this. If I have been appointed as coach of Newcastle United then that is certainly news to me.”

Colin Calderwood 20/01/2009

"We have Colin Calderwood on board now, he will be joining us until the end of the season to bring something else to our backroom team."

Joe Kinnear 26/01/2009

"I am no longer prepared to subsidise Newcastle United"

Mike Ashley 14/09/2008

"Kevin Nolan has joined Newcastle United for £4m"

BBC Sport 30/01/2009

"I am the first to accept there have been times this season when you would have liked to have heard more from me direct, particularly at certain points. There have been reasons why I have not have been able to do that, but in the new year we will look to communicate with you more about what we are doing at St.James' Park, be it through the club's official website, programme and magazine as well as the wider media."

Mike Ashley 28/12/2008

“Mike is going to speak to the Press when the window shuts."

Joe Kinnear 15/01/2009

"I think they will sit down with supporters' groups and fans and the people of Newcastle at the end of the season - I know they want to do that."

Joe Kinnear 05/02/2009