The Future

Great Toon

After watching what has happened to Newcastle over the last few years where we change managers and buy players who keep failing to produce results or even look like giving us a good team to watch. Then seeing what has happened a clubs like Aston villa, then I think what Newcastle and there fans need is the following. If asley is to stay on a permanent basis a the end of the season he must first decide who he wants a managers if that is Kinear or some one else then he should be given 3 years to manage the team sorry build a team look at Martin o'neill he has over the last few yeaars built a team also we must accept that we may not play well or have a good league position for the first season and half and think Aston villa under Martin O'neill were a crap side to begin with, but because he has time to build a team look at were they are now. Also I think the manager should look to buy players to fit into the system and so no more trophy signing ( Owen comes into thet category) I would like to look for the next Andy Cole etc. The main point I thrying make is the club must have a plan for on the pitch which must be given time to see whether it can work and so if it is hard to begin it has got to be better thqat the constant limbo we have been in for the lkast 4 years with changing managers and the club have no focus on the pitch with building a succesful team

After watching what has happened to Newcastle over the last few years where we change managers and buy players who keep failing to produce results or even look like giving us a good team to watch. Then seeing what has happened a clubs like Aston villa, then I think what Newcastle and there fans need is the following. If asley is to stay on a permanent basis a the end of the season he must first decide who he wants a managers if that is Kinear or some one else then he should be given 3 years to manage the team sorry build a team look at Martin o'neill he has over the last few yeaars built a team also we must accept that we may not play well or have a good league position for the first season and half and think Aston villa under Martin O'neill were a crap side to begin with, but because he has time to build a team look at were they are now. Also I think the manager should look to buy players to fit into the system and so no more trophy signing ( Owen comes into thet category) I would like to look for the next Andy Cole etc. The main point I thrying make is the club must have a plan for on the pitch which must be given time to see whether it can work and so if it is hard to begin it has got to be better thqat the constant limbo we have been in for the lkast 4 years with changing managers and the club have no focus on the pitch with building a succesful team

FFS!!

Do you not think every fucker is 'looking for the next Andy Cole' !!!!! :unsure::icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Sorry, GT, but you must be pissed, or summat after posting that lot.

I agree Kinnear is probable not the right man, as for GCSE's I did get english but it took a couple of goes and was many years ago. i was meaning about Andy Cole was I am sick us spend millions on players who come with a suppose great reputation and under achieve, also that means we should look at players outside the premiership eg. Beckford at Leeds how do we know he will not score goals in the top flight

Edited by Great Toon

I agree Kinnear is probable not the right man, as for GCSE's I did get english but it took a couple of goes and was many years ago. i was meaning about Andy Cole was I am sick us spend millions on players who come with a suppose great reputation and under achieve, also that means we should look at players outside the premiership eg. Beckford at Leeds how do we know he will not score goals in the top flight

Cos we and every other prem team's supporters have been down this road time and time and time again when some shitty striker scores loads of goals in an inferior league and the call goes out about 'sign him, sign him' and they are never any good in the top flight.

I'm off to read some English. Night.

The problem is everyone is after the next Rooney/Ronaldo/Cole/Gazza/Whatever.

Now you may get lucky, but mostly you'll be lucky (with a good scouting and youth set-up) to be able to get/develope a few decent unknowns and if you're really lucky a couple of gems.

Other than that you've got to bring in some decent developed players as well (and build a SQUAD not just a team).

And just because Owen hasn't been the best value for money, doesn't mean we should never go for an Owen type signing ever again....... although the real issue there is if NUFC will ever be in the position to sign someone like Owen again. :unsure:

The formula isn't really that hard, just get a decent/good manager and back them to a reasonable extent; you may not set the world alight, but most clubs should progress.

We will have to do the things you say GT, not because its the right thing to do but because as we stand currently this football club will not attract players of Owens calibre. We have to now admit we are a Fulham, a Hull, a Wigan, in other words one of the teams there to make up the numbers while the rest fight out for the Europe spots. By the end of next season we will no longer be the top dogs in the North East, on every front we will have been surpassed by the makems and Smogs :unsure:

FFS!!

Do you not think every fucker is 'looking for the next Andy Cole' !!!!! :unsure::icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Sorry, GT, but you must be pissed, or summat after posting that lot.

Get pissed after nearly every game these days

Nothing like a bit of optimism.

That is my optimistic view, you dont want to hear my pessimistic/realistic one :unsure:

We're at our lowest ebb in almost 2 decades, and we're still better off than the Mackems who were supposed to push on to the next level this year.

We'll always be able to laugh at Sunderland.

That is my optimistic view, you dont want to hear my pessimistic/realistic one :unsure:

We're at our lowest ebb in almost 2 decades, and we're still better off than the Mackems who were supposed to push on to the next level this year.

Agree with that like. Appointing a caretaker as permanent manager after a handful of games when you've supposedly had 30+ applications is comedy gold, hats off to them

That is my optimistic view, you dont want to hear my pessimistic/realistic one :icon_lol:

Agree with that like. Appointing a caretaker as permanent manager after a handful of games when you've supposedly had 30+ applications is comedy gold, hats off to them

Tell me that post was a piss take? :unsure:

That is my optimistic view, you dont want to hear my pessimistic/realistic one :icon_lol:

Deadly serious

Deadly serious

I was just thinking with us appointing Roeder that was all. Although he was obviously in charge for a bit longer than that extra from The Godfather.

Deadly serious

I was just thinking with us appointing Roeder that was all. Although he was obviously in charge for a bit longer than that extra from The Godfather.

A lot longer, with very good results and without many alleged other candidates