Israel continues its merciless pounding of the defenceless.

Park Life

• 8 months later...

One for Parky...

http://www.truthdig.com/report/item/imploding_the_myth_of_israel_20131103

Lot's of horrible details, like...

The Israeli army, Blumenthal points out in his first chapter, “To the Slaughter,” employs a mathematical formula to limit outside food deliveries to Gaza to keep the caloric levels of the 1.5 million Palestinians trapped inside its open air prison just above starvation; a government official later denied that he had joked in a meeting that the practice is “like an appointment with a dietician.”

The state flies more than 25 percent of Israeli 11th-graders to Poland to tour Auschwitz and other Nazi extermination camps a year before they start army service. They are told that the goal of Arabs, along with the rest of the non-Jewish world, is another Auschwitz. And the only thing standing between Israelis and a death camp is the Israeli army. Israeli high schools show films such as “Sleeping With the Enemy” to warn students about dating non-Jews, especially Arabs.

A few years ago when walking past Grey's Monument i notice Palestinian flags flying and a number of tables set up with anti-Israeli leaflets and a petition to sign, regarding the Israeli occupation of the West Bank.An english mature studenty looking woman ,wearing a palestinian scarf thingy, asked me if i wanted to sign the petition.I asked her if she knew who controlled the West Bank between 1948 and 1967.She said she didn't know as she was only there to get signatures. Too many people know too little about the history and politics of the Arab - Israeli situation but jump on the anti-Israeli/anti- jewish bandwagon.

• 1 year later...

The Israeli lobby are losing their shit because MSNBC used the following graphic to demonstrate the loss of Palestinian land to Israel:

IsraelPalestineBogusMap1946toPres.jpg

The above is apparently incorrect, this is the graphic that many pro-Israelis want used:

002_Shany_Mor_Political_Control_Map.jpg

According to Netanyahu it was the Palestinians who were responsible for the holocaust.

My grandfather came to this land in 1920 and he landed in Jaffa, and very shortly after he landed he went to the immigration office in Jaffa. And a few months later it was burned down by marauders. These attackers, Arab attackers, murdered several Jews, including our celebrated writer Brenner.

And this attack and other attacks on the Jewish community in 1920, 1921, 1929, were instigated by a call of the Mufti of Jerusalem Haj Amin al-Husseini, who was later sought for war crimes in the Nuremberg trials because he had a central role in fomenting the final solution. He flew to Berlin. Hitler didn’t want to exterminate the Jews at the time, he wanted to expel the Jews. And Haj Amin al-Husseini went to Hitler and said, “If you expel them, they’ll all come here.” “So what should I do with them?” he asked. He said, “Burn them.”

Palestine has never actually been a recognised country, has it? It was British mandate for less than 30 years, before that it was part of the Ottoman Empire. Jews and Arabs have always wanted to claim the land to be theirs but I don't think one more group is more entitled to it than the other.

The broad question at the heart of this debate is whether Israel has the right to exist. I think it does. As does Paelstine. But the dicks on both sides will never let a two state solution happen.

Why they can't just live in the same country and hate each other in peace is beyond me.

The broad question at the heart of this debate is whether Israel has the right to exist. I think it does. As does Paelstine. But the dicks on both sides will never let a two state solution happen.

There's an awful lot more to it than that though. Yes, it they could agree on a fair and amicable two state solution then everything would be cushty but in the absence of that there's a huge number of issues to deal with.

There's an awful lot more to it than that though. Yes, it they could agree on a fair and amicable two state solution then everything would be cushty but in the absence of that there's a huge number of issues to deal with.

My father in law is Welsh. He's always banging on about they've been persecuted by the English over the years. Apparently we burned their books. I always thought itwas the nazis that did that.

My father in law is Welsh. He's always banging on about they've been persecuted by the English over the years. Apparently we burned their books. I always thought itwas the nazis that did that.

Yeah, the main difference being that no one gives a fuck, the Welsh are an irrelevance. The only time you hear Wales mentioned is when they're talking about the loss of the rain forest.

Palestine has never actually been a recognised country, has it? It was British mandate for less than 30 years, before that it was part of the Ottoman Empire. Jews and Arabs have always wanted to claim the land to be theirs but I don't think one more group is more entitled to it than the other.

Why they can't just live in the same country and hate each other in peace is beyond me.

Before 1948 "Israel" hadn't existed since pre-Roman times.

Before 1948 "Israel" hadn't existed since pre-Roman times.

Right, so it's hard ro say that one side has more of a claim to the land than the other.

I'm convinced that the majority of normal people on both sides are sick of it all and want peace but the hardliners, and there are twats on both sides, will never let it happen.

It is literally nothing like that at all.

The English annexed Wales.

Critics of Israel say it annexed east Jerusalem.

All that's missing is military aggression on one side and suicide bombers on the other.

• Rayvin locked this topic