Inter move in for Owen

Jimbo

30jnz29.jpg

JOSE MOURINHO is planning an audacious bid to take Michael Owen to Inter Milan.

The Newcastle striker, 29, is out of contract in the summer and has insisted he will decide his future at the end of the season.

But he could leave St James' Park in January if the Magpies decide to cut their losses on their £17million record signing.

Mourinho's former club Chelsea were in the running but the Inter boss is now in pole position.

The Portuguese supremo plans to offer Honduran striker David Suazo plus cash in the hope of luring Owen to Italy.

Suazo has been on loan at Benfica where he has scored five goals in 11 games this season.

The 29-year-old ace cost £9.4million when he joined Inter in 2007 but has failed to impress Mourinho.

Inter president Massimo Moratti is a big fan of Owen and he has given the green light for the ex-Porto boss to make his move.

Moratti tried to sign the England star before his £8m move to Real Madrid from Liverpool in 2004.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/C...castle%3F%C2%BB

Just reporting what The Sun has said, but one or two Inter fans drooling at the prospect of an Ibrahimovic/Owen strike partnership.

So Inter fans can get worked up over the prospect of Owen yet we seem to be happy to let him go. Its a sad state of affairs that the best player this club has will be allowed to leave without (what appears to be) much of a fight either from the club itself or us fans.

I think the club are trying to keep him, they wouldn't have bothered offering a new contract if they didn't want him.

Some of the reactions of the fans however is a bit disappointing.

Which is why I put the (what appears to be) in there, we know hes been offered a new contract but who knows whats in that contract? For all we know they could be offering him some derogatory amount (Im not saying that is whats happened btw), he cant really come out and shout about it because then he'll just look like a mercenary.

At the same time the club could be falling over themselves to get him to sign, increased cash, some bird sucking him off after training every day etc etc and maybe hes telling them to shove it. Thats the wonder of these things, you can never be sure of what really goes on.

It's a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If they get rid of Owen now and get a replacement in whether it's Suazo or whoever then that will be wrong, yet if they don't and he walks away at the end of the season for nothing (that most fans think he will do anyway) then that will be wrong too.

If they get rid of Owen now and get a replacement in whether it's Suazo or whoever then that will be wrong, yet if they don't and he walks away at the end of the season for nothing (that most fans think he will do anyway) then that will be wrong too.

Perhaps if the club had followed KK's advice and got it sorted out last spring we wouldn't be in this situation?.......oh well...... :icon_lol:

id want adriano imo, and the inter fans seem to prefer adriano on form >drogba

Adriano would be a massive gamble.

How has Adriano been lately?, I seem to remember him being class and then dissapearing.

I only really watch AC Milan for Italian football, well since it's no longer on C5, so I don't know too much about current affairs.

I think he was suffering from depression and drink problems and was sent out on loan back to Brazil, Sao Paolo I think, he then came back to Inter and has been ok from what I gather.

Sounds risky but I would be happy with a fully fit and functioning Adriano if Owen chooses to leave.

I haven't seen the other lad but Adriano's strike rate is awesome.

This would be the best outcome for the club (given I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance he'll stay) but from Owen's point of view, I think he'd be daft not to see out the remaining 6 months of his contract.

I think he was suffering from depression and drink problems and was sent out on loan back to Brazil, Sao Paolo I think, he then came back to Inter and has been ok from what I gather.

Well he'll fit in great here, Blu Bambu with Mike every Saturday. Gerrin!

Well he'll fit in great here, Blu Bambu with Mike every Saturday. Gerrin!

:icon_lol: Kluivert Mark 2?

aye Adriano is a class player, just a bad reputation for being out on the tiles and such

(in saying that i don't see Adriano coming anywhere near us)

Adriano hasn't been a class player for about four years man.

How has Adriano been lately?, I seem to remember him being class and then dissapearing.

I only really watch AC Milan for Italian football, well since it's no longer on C5, so I don't know too much about current affairs.

Ask Stevie, he'll tell you all people who play in Italy are shite. That's all you need to know.

Perhaps if the club had followed KK's advice and got it sorted out last spring we wouldn't be in this situation?.......oh well...... :icon_lol:

Perhaps if they'd offered him a 3-4 year deal last season instead of a 12 month one, but who'd have thought of something daft like that? :icon_lol:

Those new banners "Closing down sale - everything must go" are going to look a treat on the stadium, not that Baggio will ever see them. :icon_lol: