Inter move in for Owen

Jimbo

It's a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If they get rid of Owen now and get a replacement in whether it's Suazo or whoever then that will be wrong, yet if they don't and he walks away at the end of the season for nothing (that most fans think he will do anyway) then that will be wrong too.

Perhaps if the club had followed KK's advice and got it sorted out last spring we wouldn't be in this situation?.......oh well...... :icon_lol:

Because Owen would definitely of signed back then! :icon_lol:

I've seen nothing from Owen to suggest he's ever had any interest in staying here longer than he had to, his commitment was there for all to see when Shepherd questioned it after it slipped out about the £9 million buy out clause, he didn't say a thing until the window had closed with nobody interested.

It's a case of damned if they do and damned if they don't.

If they get rid of Owen now and get a replacement in whether it's Suazo or whoever then that will be wrong, yet if they don't and he walks away at the end of the season for nothing (that most fans think he will do anyway) then that will be wrong too.

Perhaps if the club had followed KK's advice and got it sorted out last spring we wouldn't be in this situation?.......oh well...... :icon_lol:

Because Owen would definitely of signed back then! :icon_lol:

I've seen nothing from Owen to suggest he's ever had any interest in staying here longer than he had to, his commitment was there for all to see when Shepherd questioned it after it slipped out about the £9 million buy out clause, he didn't say a thing until the window had closed with nobody interested.

This now though isnt about whether Owen would or wouldnt have signed a new contract, however I do go with the belief that we had a much better chance of it happening before all this shite kicked off.

What is at question now is whether Ashley has the balls to keep him here and not accept any offers unless they are clearly worth the money ie good chunk towards the next striker that we've already got lined up. I however think he'll accept 2 or 3 million because "well its cash innit, Im not giving him away for free that would be just stupid!"