Bye then

nufc4ever

Absolutely gutwrenching news. Yet I can't blame him at all. Thank fuck that Ashley is staying.

The spastics board are still bending over for him no doubt

Obviously no-one's explained the "plan" to Given. Otherwise he'd be staying surely :icon_lol:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuckin' terrible news tbh.

Really don't blame the lad though. Been a brilliant for us for so many years now, and although he has shown he's loyal, he actually does have some ambition for his career!

Everything his agent said is spot on really, however depressing that really is!

£8m is a fuckin' joke though, even in a slow market.

If he goes this transfer window I do seriousley worry for our saftey in the league.

Harper's decent enough but for me the biggest problem is the message that Given leaving would send out

If he goes this transfer window I do seriousley worry for our saftey in the league.

Harper's decent enough but for me the biggest problem is the message that Given leaving would send out

:icon_lol:

Aye suppose.

So, if we lose Owen and Shay, people like Martins, Duff & Co would start sniffing elsewhere!

Aye suppose.

So, if we lose Owen and Shay, people like Martins, Duff & Co would start sniffing elsewhere!

Drive him there myself, etc.

It was to be expected but it should never have been allowed to come to this, the club, the manager and the owner are are all a joke - gutted.

Thanks for all your years sticking it out Shay, you've been fantastic, sorry it had to come to this.

Aye suppose.

Drive him there myself, etc.

won't be saying that when he gets replaced by a 30yr old from shrewsbury or something

Please stop trying to defend Duff... he's shite man.

planning :icon_lol: .

harpers a (nearly good enough)replacement. Krul and the other lad aren't bad. I don't see goalkeeper as a problem area. all of our wide positions i do however... both full backs ( especially when beye isn't playing there).

What a shambles.

Can't blame Given for wanting out especially if Arsenal are sniffing about, but if he does go a club like Spurs, it will leave a very bad taste.

They are a club who have elbowed their ridiculous DOF system and are now looking to back their manager's judgement with significant funds

harpers a (nearly good enough)replacement. Krul and the other lad aren't bad. I don't see goalkeeper as a problem area. all of our wide positions i do however... both full backs ( especially when beye isn't playing there).

I agree but it's not just about this, IMO it's the message that will be sent out to the footballing world, confirming how bad we are run, both on and off the pitch.

Im happy for Harper to take his place if he moves on. In fact most people on this board were saying that Harper should start as #1 in pre-season.

Still, a massive shame. Given is top class.

That was going over Shay's form over the last couple of seasons though. He's been back to his best this season without a doubt. And it's not just that, what kind of a message does it now send out that Shay doesn't want to be here?

Im happy for Harper to take his place if he moves on. In fact most people on this board were saying that Harper should start as #1 in pre-season.

Still, a massive shame. Given is top class.

That was going over Shay's form over the last couple of seasons though. He's been back to his best this season without a doubt. And it's not just that, what kind of a message does it now send out that Shay doesn't want to be here?

I agree. But Harper is an able replacement. I wouldn't be going splashing the Given money on a new keeper. Other areas need improvement.

If we dont get around £10m for him it will a kick in the balls.

I agree but it's not just about this, IMO it's the message that will be sent out to the footballing world, confirming how bad we are run, both on and off the pitch.

I think it merely cements our place as a mediocre club with little ambition (with a plan).

I agree. But, thats not really a surprise. this club that i have supported for many a year has been run like a poorly planned team of disparate souls for years now.

I have to say, I'm a bit surprised at the lack of stick Given is getting for this. He's spat his dummy out and got his agent working on a move without officially putting in a transfer request yet he's going to be treated like some sort of martyr? This is totally unprofessional and he should be fined. Publicly touting yourself to other clubs through your lawyer ffs. And don't give me the 10 loyal years bollocks either, he's been quick twice to hoy transfer requests in when Harpers been in favour.

I have to say, I'm a bit surprised at the lack of stick Given is getting for this. He's spat his dummy out and got his agent working on a move without officially putting in a transfer request yet he's going to be treated like some sort of martyr? This is totally unprofessional and he should be fined. Publicly touting yourself to other clubs through your lawyer ffs. And don't give me the 10 loyal years bollocks either, he's been quick twice to hoy transfer requests in when Harpers been in favour.

SLP Man I am suprised with this coming from you.