What exactly has JFK done wrong?

bobbyshinton

Honest question. I don't think he is brilliant and would not have been my choice but what has he done wrong.

Although still in the shit he has picked it up a bit. He is blighted by injury so his team selection has been restricted.

Has his team selection been dodgy?

Has his tactics been dodgy?

again what has he actually done wrong?

Iffy team selection but I dont have a huge problem with that, he'll never please everyone and he has to have a chance to discover the team for himself. However, what I do have a problem with is the absolute bullshit he keeps spewing out.

Pretending he's ITK in regards to club matters when he most clearly isn't IMO.

The theory behind some of his substitutions leave a lot to be desired too.

don't think he's done too much wrong tbh

I'd agree to an extent. I was foaming after Stoke at home in particular where his tactics let them back into the game but, in fairness, I think he was over cautious purely because of our league position. The choices he made were still pretty perplexing though, even if he was forced to make a change by Guthrie going off. He's just a symptom of the problems at the club rather than a cause though. He's quite likeable as well and in a funny sort of way I'd love to see him tell Ashley to fuck off if he's being fucked over in the way I suspect KK was. God knows where that would leave us though.

I've stood up for his team selections/substitutions. I think they've worked more than they've failed.

And I've stood up for his record when compared to the last 3 managers.

But he's talked a whole load of shit. When you look at the statement NUFC released after Keegan went which listed all the things he was and wasn't permitted to talk about in the press and what his remit was, then Kinnear seems to have overstepped ALL of those boundaries.

Im of the opinion that JFK hasnt done much wrong football manager wise, hes no master tactician, no genius of football and definitely nowhere near the quality of Keegan but at the end of the day he took on a job that nobody else would (at the same time we took on a manager that nobody else would, match made in heaven) and worked at it.

However, his desperation to take a job has meant hes either willing to spout any old shite hes told to or made him so naive that he actually believes the shit hes being told.

I do believe though that as soon as he no longer has a job here then he'll tell us what really went on.

Im of the opinion that JFK hasnt done much wrong football manager wise, hes no master tactician, no genius of football and definitely nowhere near the quality of Keegan but at the end of the day he took on a job that nobody else would (at the same time we took on a manager that nobody else would, match made in heaven) and worked at it.

However, his desperation to take a job has meant hes either willing to spout any old shite hes told to or made him so naive that he actually believes the shit hes being told.

I do believe though that as soon as he no longer has a job here then he'll tell us what really went on.

Tend to agree with this one and the LM post. If he would stop feeding us bullshit I'd be more impressed, I really don't know who he is trying to kid, certainly not the majority of Toon fans.

Also disappointed with the blind faith that he puts in Duff. but TBF. he's not had a lot to choose from. Once again we have been cursed by injuries, but what does that say, is there a deep-rooted problem with our methods, ground etc?

Doing all right team wise. Not the best but then no one was expecting him to be anything else. Just seems to speak a bit much but rather him than Souness or Roeder so far.

don't think he's done too much wrong tbh

I'd agree to an extent. I was foaming after Stoke at home in particular where his tactics let them back into the game but, in fairness, I think he was over cautious purely because of our league position. The choices he made were still pretty perplexing though, even if he was forced to make a change by Guthrie going off. He's just a symptom of the problems at the club rather than a cause though. He's quite likeable as well and in a funny sort of way I'd love to see him tell Ashley to fuck off if he's being fucked over in the way I suspect KK was. God knows where that would leave us though.

yep he has made one or two tactical and selection errors, but they all make these, nobody gets everything right.

I've got a lot of sympathy for him re his comments in the press. he's just being left [or told to] be the mouth of the club and he's just getting on with it and giving it his best shot.

I agree with the comment that telling Ashley to fuck off would be apt in a perverse way, we want the best for the club, and we don't deserve it, but Ashley and his cahoots do deserve it.

I quite like the bloke. He reminds me of Arthur Cox in some ways, he's brash and is getting his hands dirty on the playing ground - I quite like his rants because I think they are staged with the aim of creating togetheness and team spirit....although it suits him so he's carrying them off well.

I think when I look back on his time here I'll wish him all the best if someone buys the club and he moves on.

It seems to me that he is unsure about what is going on at the club and is having to put on a brave face infront of the cameras. This is why he is presented as clueless.

I must admit that I like the passion he has for being manager of the club, and believe he is giving it his all. The real proof will be our league position at the end of the season! It will be difficult to judge him on the transfers if they are not his players.

Tactics selection etc

I have been pleasantly surprised. He seems to have learned from his mistakes, and appears to have got the team to pla for him. I think he is a pretty good judge of how good our players are and his selection of Bassong ahead of Taylor and and anyone ahead of Xisco show a bit of balls and good sense.

Press/ waffle etc

I think he is doing his best to be positive, and trying to influence the transfer policy the best he can. I think he has increasingly realised how little actual influence he has on what is happening and is hoping that he doesnt get stiched up in the transfer window.

He admitted he was desperate for a job, and that no one else would take it. I dont think he is a fool, even if his situation puts him in a position where he sounds like one. I think he gets fed a lot of misinformation, and as he is the only one who talks to the press he is under constant pressure to answer questions about the situation.

To be fair he has probably done a good enough job here to get himself another job somewhere else already, but he obviously thinks we are big enough club to put up with the shit for the moment. It will be very interesting to see how he reacts to the transfer window if it goes as badly as I fear

Tactics selection etc

I have been pleasantly surprised. He seems to have learned from his mistakes, and appears to have got the team to pla for him. I think he is a pretty good judge of how good our players are and his selection of Bassong ahead of Taylor and and anyone ahead of Xisco show a bit of balls and good sense.

Agree especially about the "learning from his mistakes" which many of our managers have seemed incapable of doing. I don't like how he favors Duff but apart from that he's done alright on the football side. Certainly not the holocaust we were expecting his reign to be. I only wish he could keep his mouth shut though.

Top marks to the bloke.

NUFC have a squad which most agree is worse than rag, tag and bobtail, yet we have managed to pull out some results that NO-ONE expected. Here's a bloke that was on the football scrapheap, had not managed in the top division for donkey's years, none of the players knew him (nor he them), yet we do have a chance of avoiding relegation. Yes, we do have a chance of going down, but let's not forget the above FACTS about this guy - he was a nobobdy. He keeps getting attacked by us and the media yet he just keeps on going in this circus of NUFC.

Wish he'd keep his gob shut at times, but he has to do these pre match press conferences so it can't be easy to stonewall persistant press questioning; let's face it, the press would just make stuff up if he did keep schtum anyway, so he might as well say summat even if it is horseshit!!