Smith to Boro for Mido ?

stevietoon

Smith hits out after Newcastle agree Mido swap deal with Boro - The Mail

Alan Smith is furious after Newcastle attempted to offload him to north-east rivals Middlesbrough behind his back.

Magpies boss Joe Kinnear agreed to swap the injury-prone 28-year-old, who has been out for the past three months following an ankle ligament operation, for Boro striker Mido.

But Smith claims he was never informed talks were taking place. And Smith, a £6million signing from Manchester United 18 months ago, insists he has no intention of leaving St James' Park.

A friend told The Sun: 'Alan’s really angry about this. He has been working hard to regain his fitness and wants to do well — at Newcastle. He is back in training and should be ready for selection by the end of the month. He does not want to go anywhere else.'

mido; he's nearly a geordie you know - surely not

Mido said:

“Gareth Southgate told me in the afternoon about the negotiations between the two clubs and informed me of these negotiations, something which I did not know before.”

“I’m very angry no one informed me of the ongoing talks before today, and I made sure manager Gareth Southgate knows how I feel.”

The Egyptian international striker Mido added:

“Newcastle United made an offer to Boro for me, and I understand that they are very excited to see me in the squad,”

“I was informed that the negotiations between the two clubs are going on for about a week and I did not know nothing about it.”

Wow, I dismissed this story as a total absolute 100% non-starter and Mido is talking about it now? ;)

What happened to "ohh Newcastle fans are so racist, they should be charged by the FA" and all that claptrap? Clearly he only sees $$$.

Please, please, let's not sign that fat knacker, we've got one already who's much better.

i am now more convinced than ever that someone up at SJP is taking the piss regarding press statements, an insider said etc etc.

l can hear a little weazel now, squeaking " i know what'le boil the geordies piss, lets tell them we're signing Mido" ,,,,, sits back down and giggles like a potato smsh robot...agh...agh.....agh....a.a.a.a.a.a.a. er

the sooner this transfer window is over and we can target our anger in just one direction the better.

united we (hopefully) stand

35 appearances and 7 goals in the last 2 and a half years. Fook me we would be better off with that lazy bastard Kris Boyd...

I knew there was something that set him apart from Smith ;)

By SHAUN CUSTIS

ALAN SMITH has been told his swap deal with Middlesbrough striker Mido is off.

Newcastle did a U-turn after angry Smith held clear-the-air talks with manager Joe Kinnear.

The swap was negotiated by executive director Dennis Wise without 28-year-old Smith’s knowledge.

Smith, a £6m buy from Manchester United, is on the way back to fitness after three months out with an ankle injury and is determined to prove his worth at St James’ Park.

However, Wise wanted him off the books and threatened he would not play for the club again if he did not accept the move.

Kinnear, though was in conciliatory mood when he met Smith and has told him he is happy for the striker to stay at Toon.

Not quite sure what's worse - this being the type of deal we're trying to make or our not being able to complete even something like this. Worrying whichever way you look at it.

By SHAUN CUSTIS

ALAN SMITH has been told his swap deal with Middlesbrough striker Mido is off.

Newcastle did a U-turn after angry Smith held clear-the-air talks with manager Joe Kinnear.

The swap was negotiated by executive director Dennis Wise without 28-year-old Smith’s knowledge.

Smith, a £6m buy from Manchester United, is on the way back to fitness after three months out with an ankle injury and is determined to prove his worth at St James’ Park.

However, Wise wanted him off the books and threatened he would not play for the club again if he did not accept the move.

Kinnear, though was in conciliatory mood when he met Smith and has told him he is happy for the striker to stay at Toon.

The best thing Smith could do to 'prove his worth' is to fuck off.