'Lucky' Ronaldo in Ferrari smash

Guest alex

Manchester United forward Cristiano Ronaldo has written off his Ferrari in a crash near Manchester Airport.

The 23-year-old winger was driving the sports car through a tunnel beneath the runways when he smashed into a barrier.

Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said his team-mate Edwin van der Sar was following in his Bentley, but the Dutch keeper was not involved in the crash.

Pc Nigel Snell said that given the damage to the car, it was "fortunate" that Ronaldo was not injured.

"We are trying to establish exactly what happened and I would appeal to anyone that may have witnessed the collision to contact police," he added.

The accident happened on the A538 Altrincham Road, between Wilmslow and Hale, Cheshire, at about 1020 GMT.

The footballer's red Ferrari was badly damaged in the crash, with the front edge of the vehicle completely demolished.

One of the wheels came off, ending up about 200 yards behind where the vehicle came to rest.

'Obviously shaken'

Onlooker Jody Lomax was driving behind Ronaldo when the crash happened.

"The Ferrari went straight into the wall, his front left-hand wheel came off and then Ronaldo got out of the car," he said.

"I was shocked. Anyway he was all right, he was walking - he was a bit shaken."

Mr Lomax added: "Obviously I was stunned at seeing a Ferrari go in the wall and seeing Ronaldo.

"He was obviously shaken - who wouldn't be? - but it's a shame about the car as well."

Manchester United confirmed that Ronaldo was not hurt.

A club spokesman said: "He was involved in an incident this morning. No other cars were involved.

"He's fine and is training as normal with the team this morning."

Police said the Portuguese international gave a negative breath test to officers at the scene.

Ronaldo came on as a substitute when Manchester United lost at Derby County on Wednesday night and is due to play for the club against Chelsea on Sunday.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/engl...ter/7817764.stm

Haha, Some bastard scored a hattrick against me with ronaldo on fifa and i wished ronaldo would get a career ending injury. Nearly came off

A career ending inj will probably come when he slips in the shower on a floor dripping in hair gel.

Haha, Some bastard scored a hattrick against me with ronaldo on fifa and i wished ronaldo would get a career ending injury. Nearly came off

A career ending inj will probably come when he slips in the shower on a floor dripping in hair gel.

He was doing his hair and putting his lipstick on in the mirror and didn't notice the wall.

Lady Madonna....

Lucky Ronaldo Football at your feet

Wonder how you manage to always fucking cheat

Real have the money, isn't it time you went

We can see from your hair that you are bent

;)

disappointing lack of Ferrari punnage like. B)

Lady Madonna....

;)

disappointing lack of Ferrari punnage like. B)

Crashed your Ferrari, what a stupid Gimp

That'll learn you to do 45 stepovers you pathetic fucking wimp

Lady Madonna....

;)

disappointing lack of Ferrari punnage like. :icon_lol:

Crashed your Ferrari, what a stupid Gimp

That'll learn you to do 45 stepovers you pathetic fucking wimp

B):lol::icon_lol:

In his police statement Ronaldo said "There was a tree in front of me, so I swerved to the left to avoid it, but it followed me. So I swerved to the right and it followed me again. That's why I crashed"

The policeman replied "That was your fucking air-freshener, you thick twat"

despite being fine when he got out of the car he still fell over and rolled about on the ground until the police informed him there would be no penalty points

despite being fine when he got out of the car he still fell over and rolled about on the ground until the police informed him there would be no penalty points

:icon_lol: