Owen hits back at Mourinho

peasepud

Michael Owen has hit back at accusations from Jose Mourinho that he is injury prone.

The Inter Milan boss was speaking in the wake of reports suggesting he was preparing a January swoop for the Newcastle striker.

The Portuguese coach denied holding any interest in the England international, claiming Owen's fitness record gave him cause for concern.

"I haven't given Owen a thought," he said.

"The last year he has had serious injuries and he is no longer the player we knew."

However, Owen has now responded to those claims by insisting 2008 was a productive year for him.

The former Liverpool and Real Madrid man has struggled with injuries in the past but missed just four games last year, scoring 19 goals in 40 appearances, as he began to show glimpses of the ability which made him a global superstar after bursting onto the scene at the 1998 World Cup.

"I have had a good year in terms of games and goals," he quipped.

"I have only missed four in the last year. Considering what is said about me it can paint a false picture. Just to miss four games in a year is good as is my goal ratio."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4775066,00.html

Mou has has a pop at the current Chelsea side in the German press, saying it isn't anything like his old side and these players: Anelka, Bosingwa and Deco etc aren't upto much. He goes onto to say Scolari will never repeat his success. :icon_lol:

Mou has has a pop at the current Chelsea side in the German press, saying it isn't anything like his old side and these players: Anelka, Bosingwa and Deco etc aren't upto much. He goes onto to say Scolari will never repeat his success. :icon_lol:

Anelka and Bosingwa have both been the business this season, don't you think? I agree Chelsea won't win the title but maybe Mourinho should do his talking on the pitch for once.

Anelka and Bosingwa have both been the business this season, don't you think? I agree Chelsea won't win the title but maybe Mourinho should do his talking on the pitch for once.

Inter top of da league?

Inter top of da league?

by 4 points having won 5 of the last 6

but yeh, he needs to prove himself :angry:

Inter top of da league?

I suppose when he's won a world cup he can say something.

Inter top of da league?

so you'd rate winning the world cup with brazil above winning the CL, UEFA, Prem twice, fa cup, carling cup twice and probably serie A this season?

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that Mourinho isn't a brilliant coach or enjoying great success at Inter. But his football should speak for itself.

Ideal world, but mind games are part and parcel of top management nowadays

Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that Mourinho isn't a brilliant coach or enjoying great success at Inter. But his football should speak for itself.

Ideal world, but mind games are part and parcel of top management nowadays

that's us fucked then- not an ounce of grey matter on our staff

Inter top of da league?

so you'd rate winning the world cup with brazil above winning the CL, UEFA, Prem twice, fa cup, carling cup twice and probably serie A this season?

I think the point was that Mourinho is a mouthy shit whatever success he's had. You don't generally get the likes of Fergie or Wenger saying how shit each others players are.

As it is though, I'd say winning a world cup would be the pinnacle of any coaches career.

Inter top of da league?

I think the point was that Mourinho is a mouthy shit whatever success he's had. You don't generally get the likes of Fergie or Wenger saying how shit each others players are.

As it is though, I'd say winning a world cup would be the pinnacle of any coaches career.

maybe so but it doesn't put Scolari above criticism especially from the likes of Mourinho who has had pretty major success wherever hes been