The key to surviving the drop.

JonTheMag

We can basically forget about mounting a real challenge this season, thats been well known for quite some time. But we DO have to worry about getting relegated, and here is how I think they can do it. Sign A LOT of players. I'm talking like maybe 2 defenders, 3 midfielders, and a striker. Now I'm not talking about signing world beaters, but signing decent class players who can fill in and start and maybe, if we're lucky, bring some creativity. Because right now, our biggest problem is our lack of depth. We can't be hoping to survive when we rest our hopes with Strola Ameobi, Guthrie, and Fat Mark Viduka, and the various eight year old subs who they pick off the streets to come in and play for us. If we could just get a bit more depth in January to survive the drop, then hopefully we can get bought out, and if not, start buying young players in the summer and really building a quality squad.

We can basically forget about mounting a real challenge this season, thats been well known for quite some time. But we DO have to worry about getting relegated, and here is how I think they can do it. Sign A LOT of players. I'm talking like maybe 2 defenders, 3 midfielders, and a striker. Now I'm not talking about signing world beaters, but signing decent class players who can fill in and start and maybe, if we're lucky, bring some creativity. Because right now, our biggest problem is our lack of depth. We can't be hoping to survive when we rest our hopes with Strola Ameobi, Guthrie, and Fat Mark Viduka, and the various eight year old subs who they pick off the streets to come in and play for us. If we could just get a bit more depth in January to survive the drop, then hopefully we can get bought out, and if not, start buying young players in the summer and really building a quality squad.

I'm at the stage of just hoping there are three worse teams than us.

Our piss weak squad still has us eleventh like.

With West Ham playing Fulham next week, if either of them win, and we do too, we'll be flying into the top half.

:icon_lol:

I think we both know that's a ''Red Herring''.

With West Ham playing Fulham next week, if either of them win, and we do too, we'll be flying into the top half.

I don't see how the league position after 21 games can be a red herring.

We're shit, but even if you assume everyone below with games in hand will win them, we can still only drop to 13th. Have those 7 teams below us been unlucky for 6 months? I think they're every bit as shit as us and then some. I think the difference is we've been around this position at this point for a few years (we'd actually lost more games after 21 last year) and our squad's been better than that, this time we're about where we deserve to be.

I don't see how the league position after 21 games can be a red herring.

We're shit, but even if you assume everyone below with games in hand will win them, we can still only drop to 13th. Have those 7 teams below us been unlucky for 6 months? I think they're every bit as shit as us and then some. I think the difference is we've been around this position at this point for a few years (we'd actually lost more games after 21 last year) and our squad's been better than that, this time we're about where we deserve to be.

Harry leaving Pompey has put the skids under them, so that was one team I expected to be above us out the way, the settling in period at Spurs has now passed and they are back to their old way - too many gifted players not enough workers and too light in midfield. Hull and Bolton won't finsh above us either.

There is something deeply wrong at Man City althoug I expect them to start winning once the striker roulette is solved and they've now got a proper left back.....Of course Hughes leaving Blackburn has helped immensely and I don't expect fireworks from SA. West Ham will have to sell more players and Zola looks clueless to me.

So, these are the only teams certain to finish above us:

ManU

Villa

Chelsea

Liv

Arsenal

Everton

Edited by Park Life

Our goal difference has us 11th, and we're only 5 points from bottom.

But it's not just scraping through this season we have to worry about, it's having a Championship quality squad next season.

But it's not just scraping through this season we have to worry about, it's having a Championship quality squad next season.

We're 5 points off 8th too, doesn't mean we're good enough for 8th.

The fact we havent been 8th this season proves that, its literally a few weeks though since we were in the bottom 3.

The fact we havent been 8th this season proves that, its literally a few weeks though since we were in the bottom 3.

We've been 4th

Graph

We've been 4th

Graph

:angry:

point taken :icon_lol:,

so we've spent 9.52% of the season in the top 10 and 28.57% in the relegation places with the remaining 61% in the bottom half.

Indeed so basically we could end up (almost) anywhere depending on what happens this month (as the table is so ridiculously wide open), but we're going to be lucky to do ok this season, and even we do ok this season then even luckier not to be in completely unsalvageable mess next season.

A couple of losses for us and the wrong results elsewhere and we're back in the relegation zone....... for some reason that's something slightly more to worry about than inexplicably coming 8th. :angry::icon_lol:

Indeed so basically we could end up (almost) anywhere depending on what happens this month (as the table is so ridiculously wide open), but we're going to be lucky to do ok this season, and even we do ok this season then even luckier not to be in completely unsalvageable mess next season.

A couple of losses for us and the wrong results elsewhere and we're back in the relegation zone....... for some reason that's something slightly more to worry about than inexplicably coming 8th. :lol::angry:

Hysterical School Girl!?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=442980

A couple of losses for us and the wrong results elsewhere and we're back in the relegation zone....... for some reason that's something slightly more to worry about than inexplicably coming 8th. :icon_lol:<_<

Hysterical School Girl!?

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...st&p=442980

:D

Like I've said before this is the first season where it's been realistic not hysterics, and if we scrape through this season we could be in an even worse position next season.

The club couldn't be run much better if they were trying for relegation at the present.

Ashley likes a gamble, but he's stacking most everything he can influence against himself presently. ;)

Edited by Fop