Sanogo willing to move

Scottish Mag

Werder Bremen striker Boubacar Sanogo has told the club that he is willing to leave if he does not get more first-team football.

Sanogo has made just one start in the Bundesliga this season, while coming off the bench seven times and scoring one goal in the process.

The Ivory Coast international has been linked with a move to French giants Marseille while Newcastle, Portsmouth and Blackburn are all said to be monitoring the situation.

The 26-year-old joined Bremen from fellow German side Hamburg in 2007 but has failed to nail down a regular position during his time at the club.

"If they do not want me any more, they should be fair and tell me," Sanogo told reporters.

"I don't feel any trust in me since coming back from the African Cup of Nations last year and I need to get more playing time.

"I would love to stay on, but if I do not get my games I have to move on. I would even join a smaller club."

Despite the striker threatening to walk out on the club, Bremen general manager Klaus Allofs has stated that they have not received any bids for the Ivorian.

Allofs even stated that the club would not sell their man anyway despite his current stance.

"We are unhappy about his progress, but we are positive on his abilities," said Allofs.

"That is why we are not going to put him up for sale. We are still in Europe and we are going to need four strikers for that. We are not keen on letting him leave."

Allofs also pointed out that the club were willing to let Austrian international Martin Harnik and Bosnian youngster Said Husejinovic go out on loan in order to get regular first-team football.