Trelford 'fucking' Mills

Craig

26 years today that toss-pot gave his inept display of refereeing.. Can't believe it's that long ago tbh

1983 Brighton & H.A. (h)

0-1 (0-0)

FA Cup 3rd Round Replay

Ward(62)

Bedlam at SJP, as Barnsley referee Trelford Mills disallowed two legitimate United goals in the dying minutes of this Cup replay.

Peter Ward put the Seagulls ahead before Varadi and Keegan struck in vain, with Albion going on to make it through to the final.

Believe it or not, here is Trelford pictured recently at Barnsley's Oakwell, where he is a corporate matchday host.

mills-trelford-s.jpg

NUFC.com reader, Spen sent in the snap of Satan himself, who at least was game enough to pose in a Toon shirt.

I remember he reffed another game either the next year or the year after and disallowed another goal which was actually a correct decision - the funny thing was the crowd didn't even go up for the goal iirc - we just expected it to be disallowed.

It would be good to see the two goals now with modern angles etc - they certainly went beyond even Bennett or any of the other corrupt fuckers worst excesses by a million miles from my "nostalgiac" viewpoint.

I remember he reffed another game either the next year or the year after and disallowed another goal which was actually a correct decision - the funny thing was the crowd didn't even go up for the goal iirc - we just expected it to be disallowed.

It would be good to see the two goals now with modern angles etc - they certainly went beyond even Bennett or any of the other corrupt fuckers worst excesses by a million miles from my "nostalgiac" viewpoint.

Was it televised?

Was it televised?

Not sure if this really helps though...