Bloke who hung himself today

Guest Stevie

Apparently some bloke hung himself from a bridge on the Coast Road today. If your coming from the toon, it was one of the bridges before the Tyne Tunnel tunnel turn off. He went over with such force his heed come off and was hangin in the noose. I'd say poor cunt, fair enough poor cunt, but what a selfish person doing that eh? Imagine his family now. Everyone has ups and downs but taking ye own life, I think it's a cowards way out me like. Did anyone see this happen?

Apparently some bloke hung himself from a bridge on the Coast Road today. If your coming from the toon, it was one of the bridges before the Tyne Tunnel tunnel turn off. He went over with such force his heed come off and was hangin in the noose. I'd say poor cunt, fair enough poor cunt, but what a selfish person doing that eh? Imagine his family now. Everyone has ups and downs but taking ye own life, I think it's a cowards way out me like. Did anyone see this happen?

If you have a family it simply isn't an option. You've got to see it through whatever the hassles are.

Was talking to someone today who works with a fella whose son hung himself on Christmas eve. Only 22, had a lass and a bairn as well. What the fuck was he thinking?
Really sad when these things happen, but terribly selfish also. I've felt remotely suicidal at times and I'm sure many people have, but life can be made worthwhile with a change of attitude towards it and surrounding yourself with positive things. It's sad that guy chose to commit suicide, but he had family and responsibility - you just can't kill yourself in those situations, however bad you feel at the time.

Was talking to someone today who works with a fella whose son hung himself on Christmas eve. Only 22, had a lass and a bairn as well. What the fuck was he thinking?
Really sad when these things happen, but terribly selfish also. I've felt remotely suicidal at times and I'm sure many people have, but life can be made worthwhile with a change of attitude towards it and surrounding yourself with positive things. It's sad that guy chose to commit suicide, but he had family and responsibility - you just can't kill yourself in those situations, however bad you feel at the time.

Thinking about killing yersel is scary enough, nerver mind actually doing it!

Aye, I must make clear I haven't really thought about that (definitely a scary thought) - what I meant more was that in previous times I've felt like I've rather been dead, but I'm sure these are typical moods for a lot of people that can be changed with a bit of effort and perseverance. When I feel bad I tell myself how lucky I am that I have a great family and great friends etc. Suicide just seems selfish and giving up to me, but then again I've not thought about the topic a lot. Edited by TheInspiration

After watching that Alzheimers (sp) prog last night, both myself and mrs hips said we would not want to end up like some of the sufferers seen and 'ending it' would be very appealing. Crying like a bairn at times I was, it was so sad :D<_<

After watching that Alzheimers (sp) prog last night, both myself and mrs hips said we would not want to end up like some of the sufferers seen and 'ending it' would be very appealing. Crying like a bairn at times I was, it was so sad :D<_<

What was that?

What was that?

The TVAM lass, Fiona Phillips, was highlighting the inadequacies of help for sufferers and their families. Phillips' mother died of Alz and now her father is suffering from it. CH 4, btw.

What was that?

The TVAM lass, Fiona Phillips, was highlighting the inadequacies of help for sufferers and their families. Phillips' mother died of Alz and now her father is suffering from it. CH 4, btw.

Sorry,what did you say?

What was that?

Sorry,what did you say?

God, I'm slow at times ;):icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Without knowing the circumstances it's hard to say.

If he'd just stepped in dog poo and couldn't take it any more, kind of OTT.

If he'd just lost his job, his only child had been killed in a car accident, been diagnosed with cancer and his wife had just left him, I wouldn't blame him.

There something that can drive anyone to that, although it's unlikely to be the same thing in two different people.

If he'd just lost his job, his only child had been killed in a car accident, been diagnosed with cancer and his wife had just left him, I wouldn't blame him.

There something that can drive anyone to that, although it's unlikely to be the same thing in two different people.

Cowardice you battle through.

If there's one person off TT I could envisage doing something like that in the future however, with your depressing chat demeanour, I think it would be you.

If there's one person off TT I could envisage doing something like that in the future however, with your depressing chat demeanour, I think it would be you.

I imagine a Pakistani taking over NUFC would be the something for you. :D

I imagine a Pakistani taking over NUFC would be the something for you. :D

Nar, nar. Would render the terrorist threat null and void, and the half time food would pick up no doubt.

It's a bad, bad day when the voice of reason is Fop. People who kill themselves are mentally ill - such though that they may become convinced that the only respite they have from their problems is to end their life, and that 'soldiering on' simply isn't an option to escape the pain that they are in. They may also be convinced that they are a burden on their families, friends and so on and that they would be better off without them. I'm not advocating suicide by a long shot, people who feel like that need help. Not being ridiculed as a coward by strangers who don't know the first thing about them.

Textbook Stevie post by the way "here's a situation I know fuck all about, so I'll wade in with a moronic extreme opinion".

It's a bad, bad day when the voice of reason is Fop. People who kill themselves are mentally ill - such though that they may become convinced that the only respite they have from their problems is to end their life, and that 'soldiering on' simply isn't an option to escape the pain that they are in. They may also be convinced that they are a burden on their families, friends and so on and that they would be better off without them. I'm not advocating suicide by a long shot, people who feel like that need help. Not being ridiculed as a coward by strangers who don't know the first thing about them.

Textbook Stevie post by the way "here's a situation I know fuck all about, so I'll wade in with a moronic extreme opinion".

Amen.

uneducated bollocks from people who live in a bubble.