2009 Holiday Thread

Gemmill

Has anyone else been forced by the depressing return to work into booking a holiday?

2 weeks in the Dominican in April for me. 5 Star, All Inclusive w00t. Never done all inclusive before so I'm not sure what to expect - probably the local jungle juice and cold buffets but at least I won't be at work. :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a run of the usual city breaks (Hamburg/Berlin/Munich, Stockholm) so far, but we're definitely going to get away somewhere sunny at some point. Nothing fancy, just one of the smaller Canaries or Greek islands or something.

Dom Rep sounds good, particularly all-inclusive - friends who've gone tell me it's not always wise to wander too far from the resort. :D

Lobster on south beach, better take the cream Rocky.

:D Fuck off half pint.

Aye meenzer the all inclusive is really because of the currency issues at the minute. I've heard that too - it's unlikely I'll be straying too far from the pool, never mind the resort!

Nothing booked yet.

Silver wedding ann this year so we're looking at doing something reasonably good. Maybe Japan, or Australia/NZ or Canada/New England. Just don't know.

btw, Gemm, thanks for the PCH tip a while ago - did it last year as part of our hols and it was fab :D

I'm sick of sunny weather and work for that matter.

So it's 8 weeks Berlin > Hamburg > The Netherlands > Belguim > toon > maybe Scotland, maybe south, maybe more Netherlands (depends on something else) > Thessaloniki > back to the end of summer!

So it's 8 weeks Berlin > Hamburg > The Netherlands > Belguim > toon > maybe Scotland, maybe south, maybe more Netherlands (depends on something else) > Thessaloniki > back to the end of summer!

Gives us a bell when you're in Ham or Berlin, Meenz has the number. :D

Getting married in June and was planning to do a twin honeymoon/holiday of Vegas and Mexico. What with the shit currency rates in the States just now we have decided just to do split it and go to Mexico in June and then Vegas later on in the year. 5 star, A la Carte all inclusive... :D

Gives us a bell when you're in Ham or Berlin, Meenz has the number. <_<

You lazy sod. :D

Getting married in June and was planning to do a twin honeymoon/holiday of Vegas and Mexico. What with the shit currency rates in the States just now we have decided just to do split it and go to Mexico in June and then Vegas later on in the year. 5 star, A la Carte all inclusive... <_<

Been to Vegas twice. Love it there. No sleep, burgers delivered to room and my mind bending hotel worrying knack at roulette. :D

Actually 22 Feb we need to tickets for the St Pauli match, wanna help? We promise not to tease you because your frau insists on you sitting down to piss! We promise! :D

Getting married in June and was planning to do a twin honeymoon/holiday of Vegas and Mexico. What with the shit currency rates in the States just now we have decided just to do split it and go to Mexico in June and then Vegas later on in the year. 5 star, A la Carte all inclusive... :D

Nice one, been to Cozumel before which was nice. Good thing aboutMexico is that it's heavily frequented by tanks who expect a certain standard and complain when they don't get it, so it should be nice.

There's 7 a la carte restaurants at the place we are going to but I think you're limited to 3 visits per week or something. Might upgrade if the buffet mings.

Actually 22 Feb we need to tickets for the St Pauli match, wanna help? We promise not to tease you because your frau insists on you sitting down to piss! We promise! :D

I'll look into it mate. ;)