2009 Holiday Thread

Gemmill

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Seemed appropriate to revive this given the time of year.

Just booked return flights to Pisa for £80 for two on Ryanair.

Plan to find somewhere outside of Florence and do some sightseeing/sunbathing.

Just stay in Florence. There's some cheap accomodation if you shop around and it has a cracking atmosphere.

Just stay in Florence. There's some cheap accomodation if you shop around and it has a cracking atmosphere.

Yeah I've been before and it's one of the few Italian cities you can walk around at night and feel entirely at ease.

Guest alex

Yeah I've been before and it's one of the few Italian cities you can walk around at night and feel entirely at ease.

Pisa's nice if you stay overnight as it has a much nicer feel once the day trippers have fucked off. Not sure how long you're there for though and I'd say one day/one night is enough.

Guest alex
Might be going down to Bournmouth end of June... maybe. :lol:

European cruise for me in 2 days. Just to make you feel better. Make it Brighton instead of Bournemouth and you can do your own version :lol:

European cruise for me in 2 days. Just to make you feel better. Make it Brighton instead of Bournemouth and you can do your own version :lol:

Parents often go on Carribbean jaunts but rather than sailing, or pootling about on a boat, my Dad likes to say that he and my mam go Cruising.

never fails to coax a judder of revulsion from me.

Guest alex

Parents often go on Carribbean jaunts but rather than sailing, or pootling about on a boat, my Dad likes to say that he and my mam go Cruising.

never fails to coax a judder of revulsion from me.

Not really my cup of char but I've been on one before (sister's wedding). This is a few of us going for her 30th. I'd rather do Europe than the Carribean as there's a few interesting places to get off and look around. My sis and her lad and my Mam and Dad have done the odd Carribean one like.

It was surprisingly good when I did it before though so I'm looking forward to it. It's Venice to Rome (Civitavecchia) via the Greek Islands. La-di-fucking-dah.

They enjoyed the Oz-Hawaii-Cali-Alaska one the most (unsurprisingly). The various stops broke up the travel nicely and saw the beauty and variety of nature etc. etc. lavender lavender :lol:

Guest alex
They enjoyed the Oz-Hawaii-Cali-Alaska one the most (unsurprisingly). The various stops broke up the travel nicely and saw the beauty and variety of nature etc. etc. lavender lavender :lol:

That'll be a one where the cruise ship is moving because it's the end of the season - i.e. going from Australasia / South Pacific up to Alaska for the northern summer. It'll have been about a month. Can you imagine the size of some of the fuckers after a month getting stuck into the buffet btw?

I'll be going to the gym a lot, obviously.

One of the only things getting me through relegation is the thought of all my holidays this year. Already been to Vegas, San Francisco and Copenhagen, off to France in August and then October sees me in the Far East and Australia for four weeks on my honeymoon.

Fancying the idea of a weekend trip to Germany in December too, although I think the husband-to-be is a bit sick of indulging me at this point :lol:

That'll be a one where the cruise ship is moving because it's the end of the season - i.e. going from Australasia / South Pacific up to Alaska for the northern summer. It'll have been about a month. Can you imagine the size of some of the fuckers after a month getting stuck into the buffet btw?

I'm not certain, but that wouldn't surprise me.

They did remark, with some degree of distaste, on the Americans who literally gorged themselves on the all-you-can-eat buffet.

They're getting on a bit, so a walk around the ship together, then my Dad would take do a length in the pool.

They did get to go on a Dog Sled in Alaska though.

Guest alex

I'm not certain, but that wouldn't surprise me.

They did remark, with some degree of distaste, on the Americans who literally gorged themselves on the all-you-can-eat buffet.

They're getting on a bit, so a walk around the ship together, then my Dad would take do a length in the pool.

They did get to go on a Dog Sled in Alaska though.

I imagine they went from Vancouver. I've done part of that journey on a ferry - i.e. top of Vancouver Island up the Inside Passage (wahey!) to Prince Rupert. Lush.