N'Zogbia in Lyon link

Jimbo

CHARLES N’ZOGBIA has revealed he is set to demand a move to Paris St Germain — as German giants Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund enter the race for him.

N’Zogbia admitted his agent has held talks with PSG and that he plans to ask Newcastle to let him make a “dream” switch to the French capital in January.

The 22-year-old has started just seven league games this season, having spent seven weeks on the bench including yesterday’s trip to Chelsea.

And although interim Newcastle manager Joe Kinnear has been keen to talk up his prospects at St James’s Park, N’Zogbia insists he wants a new start — and regular football — across the Channel.

“My agent is in regular contact with Paris,” he said. “It could be as good a deal for me as it is for them.

“I am still under contract with Newcastle, but this would be a good progression for my career.

“Newcastle know that I am looking for more playing time. If a transfer can be done, all the better.

“I am 22-years-old. I want to play. I must soon meet the leaders of Newcastle to take stock.

“Paris’s interest flatters me. As a boy, I dreamed of playing for them. I always have.”

However, the prospect of bigger wages and Champions League football at Bayern would also be tempting.

The Sunday Sun understands both Bayern and Dortmund have sounded out third parties about N’Zogbia’s interest in a move to Germany.

But whoever covets him most, it may take more than a mooted figure of £5 million to persuade Newcastle to do business for a player still rated as a prodigious, if enigmatic, talent.

Meanwhile, Kinnear has confirmed to the Sunday Sun that the two players he hopes to sign on loan if still at United in January are a left-back and a centre-half.

Although Roma’s Liverpool old boy John Arne Riise and Germany international Marcel Schafer have been mooted as the left-back in question, that would seemingly rule out Arsenal midfielder Denilson, but not Blackburn centre-back Chris Samba.

Elsewhere, former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd is playing hard-ball in discussions over a takeover deal for Real Mallorca.

Shepherd is thought to be demanding that a meeting this week with president Vicente Grande — in which he would re-evaluate the La Liga club’s books — takes place in London.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As good as sold I'd say. Better and younger than Duff imo. I said a little while back that I thought they might be trying to piss off Owen and N'Zogbia in the hope of moving them on in January. No doubt we'll be told they'll be replaced.

If he's intent on going we need to be looking at 7m minimum. As Alex said, better and younger than Duff and IMO future French full international.

About half that I reckon. I mean that's all we'll get.

He's better than Duff and ideally I would like to keep him due to the squad situation and his apparent versatility, but he's done fuck all for 2 and a half seasons now, and for some reason never seems to get any stick at all, especially when you compare it to the amount of grief Milner got.

He's better than Duff and ideally I would like to keep him due to the squad situation and his apparent versatility, but he's done fuck all for 2 and a half seasons now, and for some reason never seems to get any stick at all, especially when you compare it to the amount of grief Milner got.

milner cost millions charlie didn't

and a lot of the time he got played out of position which lessened the blame i guess.

"abandon ship" springs to mind currently

So fuck.

As good as sold I'd say. Better and younger than Duff imo. I said a little while back that I thought they might be trying to piss off Owen and N'Zogbia in the hope of moving them on in January. No doubt we'll be told they'll be replaced.

Much better than Duff. Duff is totally past it.

milner cost millions charlie didn't

and a lot of the time he got played out of position which lessened the blame i guess.

"abandon ship" springs to mind currently

So fuck.

like i said it's easier to criticise someone who cost a bit and playing where he should

opposed to someone who basically cost nothing and kept getting shoved into left back

Charlie being played out of position doesn't excuse his poor decision making, his inability to make correct decisions or find a black and white player when passing the ball.

So it begins.

MA will be licking his lips at the prospect. Taking any money he makes on the sale and giving back to JK as if coming from his own pocket as funds for players.

Cant blame the lad for wanting to move, i blame JFK entirely, as i think it was alex that said we thought JFK was trying to piss off owen and charlie, i totally agree, i had the same feelings though put it down to being a tad cynical.

I'll be deeply upset if he does go, though not suprised one iota.

Charlie should be the future of the club, one that we build a team around!

I think should he go, there will be ALOT of unrest as he is one of a few players who actually bring something to our side.

As for the talks about Chris samba and riise, id love risse here, and im not sure about samba, he's a big bastard but better than what we've got? i dont know...If i were to go to blackburn for any player it would be warnock and if charlie is sold id be tempted in gamst pedersen too.

Yes, Samba is better than Taylor. Also, Pedersen hasn't had the form in a while that he did two seasons ago. I'd have Warnock in a flash like and over Riise.

I agree about warnock, and i think we mite stand a chance at getting him...maybe

Pedersen is known quality though like you rightly say has not seen the form of late, if charlie were to go i think he would be a decent replacement though.

Samba is solid but i think as it stands id have bassong ahead of him and still wait to see taylor is going to come into form

We keep Duff and sell the Zog? :D

Duff is so finished, it's painful to watch him at times. No fault to N'Zogbia for wanting to go, he's been thoroughly neglected during his time here. Watching the likes of Duff get a game ahead of him - even Butt/Guthrie/CACAPA ahead of him in center mid - must be hard on him and he was always a sulky bastard to start.