N'Zogbia in Lyon link

Jimbo

N'Zogbia is preferable to Duff but both are pretty ordinary really.

I haven't really been impressed with N'Zogbia for a few seasons now. He never seemed to build on the potential he had and while he can rifle one into the top corner and supply a decent pass from time to time he spends most matches running down blind alleys.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

N'Zogbia's been looking for a way out of the club for about a year now so it seems daft if people think it's Kinnear driving him to it.

I don't really care if he does go, he's an average player that hasn't progressed at all since Roeder was here as caretaker, he's better than Duff but I can't see anyone going for him because of the wage he's supposed to be on.

I'd prefer us to replace him with a right winger and start Jonas on the left with Duff and Geremi as back up.

I honestly don't think it'd make any difference if he'd have been playing this season, he's been angling for a move for a couple of years now.

He was homesick so he wanted to move to Spurs. :D

Londonitits.

I think he's a canny player but seems to have done the same thing as most of the other french players we've had. Bernard was another one, wanted to fuck off to West Ham.

£3m we'll get I reckon - there or thereabouts. He's a decent player but a dreadful attitude, evidently, and the situation we're in is not ideal for players with questionable commitment. He's better than Duff but we'll never see his ability here. Nailed on to leave in January.

Enrique i reckon will be gone

along with zoggy and maybe xisco all at lower than they should or what we paid for them (bar zoggy)

Enrique nor xisco will leave in my opinion, for enrique to go we would need to bring in 2 permanent LB's and thats unlikely! I d love to see warnock and risse come in but its not going to happen. I think we mite get risse and enrique will be back up.

Xisco could go but i think it would only be on loan imo, maybe to the likes of hull, stoke? but probs a lower la liga side.

As for charlie, i really hope he doesnt, and i really hope that JFK saying he's going nowhere isnt just bullshit. But then again for all charlie is a good player who does seem to be the typical huffy frenchman, his attitude at times has been pretty poor. If we can get anything near what milner went for id let him go...anything over 10mil yes but anything under id keep him.

Id rather the likes of geremi, smith and cacapa were offloaded, they are all shit and bring absolutely nothing to the side.

Replace them with a LB CB CM ie. Warnock or Risse, Samba and Skjelbred or Nolan.

Then we have a stronger looking squad, a team that should stay in the league and push up the table.

Given

Beye Taylor Coloccini Riise

Gutierrez Skjelbred Barton N'Zogbia

Owen Martins

Subs: Harper, Samba, Enrique, Guthrie, Butt, Duff, Viduka

Thats a top 8 side for sure...

As for charlie, i really hope he doesnt, and i really hope that JFK saying he's going nowhere isnt just bullshit. But then again for all charlie is a good player who does seem to be the typical huffy frenchman, his attitude at times has been pretty poor. If we can get anything near what milner went for id let him go...anything over 10mil yes but anything under id keep him.

:lol: Have a word with yourself man.

N'Zogbia set on Toon stay

French midfielder insists he has no plans to leave

By Ben Collins Last updated: 26th November 2008

Charles NZogbia Newcastle

Charles N'Zogbia insists he wants to stay at Newcastle and is determined to convince the club he has a future on Tyneside.

It was claimed the French midfielder refused to go on Saturday's pre-match walk and reports came out of France over the weekend that he wanted to leave St James's Park.

But the 22-year-old claims a back spasm prevented him from taking part in the pre-match walk and made it clear he has no plans to move on.

"In an ideal world, I would want to stay with Newcastle United," he told the Newcastle Chronicle.

"This is the first time I have spoken about my future and those quotes attributed to me over the weekend came from my agent back in France.

"Obviously, I am not happy that I have hardly figured in Joe Kinnear's starting line-up recently, but that is up to me to put right."

Interest

Kinnear may have to sell to raise funds for the January transfer window, and both Paris St Germain and Bayern Munich are thought to be monitoring N'Zogbia's situation.

"This is all out of my hands, and if Newcastle want to sell me then there is nothing I can do about that," said the former Le Havre trainee.

"But don't forget I have been at Newcastle for over four years now and I consider this my home.

"And I now have a big French pal in Sebastien Bassong, who is doing great for us the moment."

N'Zogbia featured from the bench in Saturday's goalless draw at Chelsea and hopes to push for a return to the starting line-up at Middlesbrough this weekend.

"I have happy memories of the Riverside Stadium as I feel the goal I managed there last season - with my right foot - was one of the best I have scored for the club," he said.

"As far as last Saturday is concerned, I woke up at our team hotel in absolute agony with a back spasm. It's something that often happens to footballers.

"I had to get the doctor to come and attend to me, and this is the only reason why I missed the pre-match walk before the Chelsea game.

"The doctor did wonders for me and I was able to be involved against Chelsea - something I did not think possible when I woke up."

says the right things, but I don't know who to believe any more... I just feel so used :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Charles N’Zogbia has dropped a bombshell on Newcastle United’s dressing room by stating he wants to move on during the January transfer window.

The 22-year-old thinks the time has come for him to embark on a new challenge, with Paris Saint Germain and Aston Villa rumoured to be highly interested in securing the Frenchman’s services.

N’Zogbia aims higher and claims that The Magpies cannot match his ambitions; as a consequence he has publically declared his intention to change clubs.

N’Zogbia told L’Equipe: “After four years at Newcastle I from now on wish to reach the next level in terms of ambition.

“I don’t think it’s possible here. I gave everything to this club and will carry on as long as I’m there, but I’d like to pass a stage by joining a bigger side.”

But his team-mate and compatriot Sebastien Bassong thinks N’Zogbia is happy at St James’ Park and committed to the cause.

Bassong told The Sun: “Charles is happy at Newcastle. The business is up to him. But I spend a lot of time with him and I can tell you he is happy.

“He is a very good player and Newcastle know that.”

Bigger club, Villa and PSG mentioned, one a side who have sold a little ground out less than 20 times in the last 10 years, the other a selling club througout the last 15 years. Bigger fuckin club :lol: who does he think is going to want him? Man Utd?

Hopefully this will the usual bollocks which eminates from foreign football sources, if not...do one.

Edited by Stevie