N'Zogbia in Lyon link

Jimbo

Charles N’Zogbia has dropped a bombshell on Newcastle United’s dressing room by stating he wants to move on during the January transfer window.

The 22-year-old thinks the time has come for him to embark on a new challenge, with Paris Saint Germain and Aston Villa rumoured to be highly interested in securing the Frenchman’s services.

N’Zogbia aims higher and claims that The Magpies cannot match his ambitions; as a consequence he has publically declared his intention to change clubs.

N’Zogbia told L’Equipe: “After four years at Newcastle I from now on wish to reach the next level in terms of ambition.

“I don’t think it’s possible here. I gave everything to this club and will carry on as long as I’m there, but I’d like to pass a stage by joining a bigger side.”

But his team-mate and compatriot Sebastien Bassong thinks N’Zogbia is happy at St James’ Park and committed to the cause.

Bassong told The Sun: “Charles is happy at Newcastle. The business is up to him. But I spend a lot of time with him and I can tell you he is happy.

“He is a very good player and Newcastle know that.”

Bigger club, Villa and PSG mentioned, one a side who have sold a little ground out less than 20 times in the last 10 years, the other a selling club througout the last 15 years. Bigger fuckin club <_< who does he think is going to want him? Man Utd?

Hopefully this will the usual bollocks which eminates from foreign football sources, if not...do one.

:lol:

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said a while ago that he reminds me of Lua Lua. You never know what is going to happen with him. Yes, he can change a game, and, yes, he does have pace and skill, but all too often he doesn't seem to fit into the team ethic. If a manager here, or somewhere else, can harness his abilities and make him a real team player who can spot a pass and a run he would be a fantastic player.

Have to say, though, that this perennial whining is becoming a tad tiresome. (that's Zog's whining, not mine, by the way :lol:<_<:friends:)

Similar situation to Milner!? Villa say they're interest and then the player hands in a request. Charles wants to leave to play a higher level of football, he hasnt said he wants to go to a bigger club.

He can make things happen for us though. There's probably only him and Martins that can do that.

Aye. But how long can we expect to keep good players when we're struggling in mid table/relegation battle.

Hello everybory I would know what you think of Charles N'zogbia ? (Sorry for my English :lol: )

LOL! Didn't take you long to sign up!

Good player, skillfull, fast etc. On his day he's superb.

He can make things happen for us though. There's probably only him and Martins that can do that.

Spot on. He was always the one who was going to change the game at home to Wigan, and as soon as he was on, he waas taking players on and looked really dangerous.

Also, we don't have much pace in the side and I'd rather see a fair few shifted out of the club instead of him.

Hello everybory I would know what you think of Charles N'zogbia ? (Sorry for my English :lol: )

He's overrated by some definitely, as he's hardly done anything of note for a few seasons now. Hopefully now he can get a run of games at left-wing so then he can either prove that he is good enough or that he finally has no excuses left.

Hello everybory I would know what you think of Charles N'zogbia ? (Sorry for my English <_< )

On field - pretty decent, but far from the complete article (and whether he'll ever live up to the potential Robson saw in him :lol: ).

Off field - pretty terrible, another in a long line of NUFC le sulks.

I'd be disappointed to see him leave. Still can't believe how often he's been wasted, all those times he's been played at left back.

In that respect, I don't find he's done that much whining. Especially on the pitch, always just did what he could.

He's a head down and run at the full-back winger basically. He's not an intelligent player. Decent left-wingers are such a rare commodity though and he's another player at the club who's been fucked around rather than properly developed. I agree he hasn't done a lot of late, probably since Souness was here.

its the lack of ambition comments that bother me. This will always happen to clubs that are perceived to not show ambition.

Who next ? Owen, Bassong. :lol:

Aye, the club's been heading in a similar direction more or less since N'Zogbia arrived though tbf.

He's a head down and run at the full-back winger basically. He's not an intelligent player.

That's his downfall - he doesn't have the instinct or the intelligence however you want to put it to know when to pass, when to cross and when to take on a man - he needs to realise this and concentrate on improving before he thinks he deserves a better club.

I think he has the talent but he needs a good coach/manager to move forward - I hope its with us but as I said I see him as too much of a saleable asset for the current regime.

He's a head down and run at the full-back winger basically. He's not an intelligent player.

That's his downfall - he doesn't have the instinct or the intelligence however you want to put it to know when to pass, when to cross and when to take on a man - he needs to realise this and concentrate on improving before he thinks he deserves a better club.

I think he has the talent but he needs a good coach/manager to move forward - I hope its with us but as I said I see him as too much of a saleable asset for the current regime.

Could see him joining us tbf. Seems like the right age, price range and position for MON to be interested.