N'Zogbia in Lyon link

Jimbo

Football wouldnt be a very interesting game if every player wanted to fuck off cos his club wasnt in the top 4. We pay him well, and weve put up with his little strops when other clubs would have slung him out on his arse. Hes not even a full international and hes had 1 good game in god knows how long!

What happened to loyalty like? We apparently 'rescued' him from his horrible time at Le havre. Hes got a short memory

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football wouldnt be a very interesting game if every player wanted to fuck off cos his club wasnt in the top 4. We pay him well, and weve put up with his little strops when other clubs would have slung him out on his arse. Hes not even a full international and hes had 1 good game in god knows how long!

What happened to loyalty like? We apparently 'rescued' him from his horrible time at Le havre. Hes got a short memory

Tbh though, he's a young player who doesn't really ever get a run at LW very often. I think it's that as much as anything. I think he's the sort of player who needs to be appreciated etc. That doesn't excuse him being a bit stoppy etc. but then again people sometimes go on like 1) He's disloyal and 2) He's been nothing but trouble when there's actually very little evidence for that imo (at least by the standards of your average player). And there's not a player at the lcub who wouldn't be off like a shot if they got a better offer imo.

Bigger club, Villa and PSG mentioned, one a side who have sold a little ground out less than 20 times in the last 10 years, the other a selling club througout the last 15 years. Bigger fuckin club :lol: who does he think is going to want him? Man Utd?

Hopefully this will the usual bollocks which eminates from foreign football sources, if not...do one.

Stevie man, it's all very well taking the piss out of Villa but they can give him UEFA Cup football and maybe even a crack at the CL next season.

That to him will make Villa a bigger club so it's absolutely pointless bringing up who can and can't fill their stadia.

Bigger club, Villa and PSG mentioned, one a side who have sold a little ground out less than 20 times in the last 10 years, the other a selling club througout the last 15 years. Bigger fuckin club :lol: who does he think is going to want him? Man Utd?

Hopefully this will the usual bollocks which eminates from foreign football sources, if not...do one.

Stevie man, it's all very well taking the piss out of Villa but they can give him UEFA Cup football and maybe even a crack at the CL next season.

That to him will make Villa a bigger club so it's absolutely pointless bringing up who can and can't fill their stadia.

yeah, its been a while since we were in 3rd place at xmas like. Your drum must be thin as fuck by now Stevie!

That to him

To almost everyone I'd say.

To no one I know, and I work in London. Nottingham Forest won the European Cup and they're a small club, you're exactly the same, no one cares about you. However....you are a very well run club and regardless of how people perceive you I agree you're an up and coming club, if you get fourth though, it's because of four reasons in my opinion, the demise of NUFC over the last four years, the continuing incompetence of Tottenham Hotspur, William Gallas and least significantly the motivational tactics of MON and planning and prudence that's went behind him. Any club that is in the CL is more attractive than someone who's not in Europe at all, so if Preston qualified for the CL they'd be more attractive in the short term than NUFC, and it's exactly the same with Aston Villa. The only thing is Villa are the sort of club who could win 5 titles in a row, and the press would still ignore them a) cos they're from the Midlands :lol: cos Brummies are boring cunts and c) they just haven't and never will have that x factor as a club where people are interested in them and d) obviously a shit fan base too

That to him

The only thing is Villa are the sort of club who could win 5 titles in a row, and the press would still ignore them a) cos they're from the Midlands <_< cos Brummies are boring cunts and c) they just haven't and never will have that x factor as a club where people are interested in them and d) obviously a shit fan base too

I havn't signed up to toontastic to get enbroiled in a 'big club' debate, but it does appear to me that your opinions on Villa are slightly skewed, bordering on bitter.

Anyway, as far as N'Zogbia goes, I've always rated him as a good player on his day, but never had the experience of watching him consistantly. Can he play on the right as well the as the left? I read that you say he is inconsistant for you, however, without being disrespectful that's probably because Newcastle as a whole have been pretty inconsistant in the past few years. Case in point, you played Villa off the park in the second half of our game, if you played like that every game you'd be looking upwards at Europe not down at relegation (which I think would be very unlikely). However, with all the boardroom unrest and godknows what else is going on, it would have been remarkable if you had been consistant.

Anyway, clearly the lad wants out, but whether coming out like this is a good way of getting his wish to a 'bigger club' or not is a matter of debate. If he had got his head down and started performing to a high level, he'd get a move without looking disloyal. As for Villa and MON, we believe if anyone can get the best out of an underperforming but talented player it is MON (although we'll 'till the seasons end before passing judgement on Milner though eh :lol: )

Welldone on beating Spurs. :friends:

We haven't been inconsistent at all, we have been all over the shop with remarkable consistency :lol:

To be honest I don't think Villa need him and I think he would command a very decent fee if you did come for him - remember that Milner wanted out too and he is your record signing!

That to him

The only thing is Villa are the sort of club who could win 5 titles in a row, and the press would still ignore them a) cos they're from the Midlands <_< cos Brummies are boring cunts and c) they just haven't and never will have that x factor as a club where people are interested in them and d) obviously a shit fan base too

I havn't signed up to toontastic to get enbroiled in a 'big club' debate, but it does appear to me that your opinions on Villa are slightly skewed, bordering on bitter.

Anyway, as far as N'Zogbia goes, I've always rated him as a good player on his day, but never had the experience of watching him consistantly. Can he play on the right as well the as the left? I read that you say he is inconsistant for you, however, without being disrespectful that's probably because Newcastle as a whole have been pretty inconsistant in the past few years. Case in point, you played Villa off the park in the second half of our game, if you played like that every game you'd be looking upwards at Europe not down at relegation (which I think would be very unlikely). However, with all the boardroom unrest and godknows what else is going on, it would have been remarkable if you had been consistant.

Anyway, clearly the lad wants out, but whether coming out like this is a good way of getting his wish to a 'bigger club' or not is a matter of debate. If he had got his head down and started performing to a high level, he'd get a move without looking disloyal. As for Villa and MON, we believe if anyone can get the best out of an underperforming but talented player it is MON (although we'll 'till the seasons end before passing judgement on Milner though eh :lol: )

No, he's a left sided player only although he insists he can play in the middle.

He's almost constantly talking about leaving in one way or another only to later commit himself to the club. If I remember rightly he was apparently desperate to be away and then he signed a new deal.

I don't really think it's the fact he underperforms, I just think he hasn't developed as well as he could've which is probably the clubs fault. If you want someone to run down blind alleys for 90 minutes he's your man. Aye, he's capable of scoring the occasional wonder goal and he's one of the few players in our side who seems willing to run at the opposition, which is a thrill when you've got Nicky Butt passing the ball backwards all the time, but he's not that good. I can't see where he'd fit into your side.

Oh, and ignore Stevie.

Edited by Ketsbaia

We paid well over the odds for Milner. But we needed a right winger, and Milner fitted the bill perfectly, being the disciplined grafter to Ashley Young's flair. I'm not sure we need N'Zogbia beyond being a squad player for the short term, and for the long term he'd have to oust Ashley Young. If we wanted him, I'm not sure we'd stump us the money Newcastle would want this time around. Saying that MON is pretty bizarre in the transfer market, you never know.

Are the rumours of Newcastle's 'money trouble' true?

We paid well over the odds for Milner. But we needed a right winger, and Milner fitted the bill perfectly, being the disciplined grafter to Ashley Young's flair. I'm not sure we need N'Zogbia beyond being a squad player for the short term, and for the long term he'd have to oust Ashley Young. If we wanted him, I'm not sure we'd stump us the money Newcastle would want this time around. Saying that MON is pretty bizarre in the transfer market, you never know.

Are the rumours of Newcastle's 'money trouble' true?

Have you got bored of Milner's stepovers yet? :lol:

If by money troubles you mean an owner who says he wants to sell the club and is no longer willing to finance us then your guess is as good as mine. By the looks of things Ashley actually wants to hang onto the club and according to JFK he's going to put cash up for transfers in January, although JFK talks shite so that means fuck all.

That to him

No, he's a left sided player only although he insists he can play in the middle.

He's almost constantly talking about leaving in one way or another only to later commit himself to the club. If I remember rightly he was apparently desperate to be away and then he signed a new deal.

I don't really think it's the fact he underperforms, I just think he hasn't developed as well as he could've which is probably the clubs fault. If you want someone to run down blind alleys for 90 minutes he's your man. Aye, he's capable of scoring the occasional wonder goal and he's one of the few players in our side who seems willing to run at the opposition, which is a thrill when you've got Nicky Butt passing the ball backwards all the time, but he's not that good. I can't see where he'd fit into your side.

Oh, and ignore Stevie.

Yes ignore me, season ticket holder since 1992 from Newcastle upon Tyne, and pay attention to teenage Wearsiders packing shelves at Lidl's at 3pm most Saturdays.

That to him

The only thing is Villa are the sort of club who could win 5 titles in a row, and the press would still ignore them a) cos they're from the Midlands :friends: cos Brummies are boring cunts and c) they just haven't and never will have that x factor as a club where people are interested in them and d) obviously a shit fan base too

Anyway, clearly the lad wants out, but whether coming out like this is a good way of getting his wish to a 'bigger club' or not is a matter of debate. If he had got his head down and started performing to a high level, he'd get a move without looking disloyal. As for Villa and MON, we believe if anyone can get the best out of an underperforming but talented player it is MON (although we'll 'till the seasons end before passing judgement on Milner though eh <_< )

Welldone on beating Spurs. :good:

Oh, and ignore Stevie.

Yes ignore me, season ticket holder since 1992 from Newcastle upon Tyne, and pay attention to teenage Wearsiders packing shelves at Lidl's at 3pm most Saturdays.

:lol:

'I will wait to find quality' says O'Neill

By Phil Shaw

Saturday, 26 August 2006

Print Email Search

Search

Go

Independent.co.uk Web

Bookmark & Share

Digg It

del.icio.us

Facebook

Reddit

What are these?

Change font size: A | A | A

If they were dancing in the streets of Aston yesterday, the first day of Randy Lerner's takeover of Aston Villa from Doug Ellis, the welcome in the leafy lanes around the club's rural training centre was more circumspect. Martin O'Neill described Lerner as "well intentioned", but he faces a race against time if the American billionaire's money is to help Villa make a belated impact on the summer transfer market.

O'Neill, whose return to Premiership management continues at home to Newcastle United tomorrow, insisted he was "really trying" to bolster his squad before the transfer window closes on Thursday. Unless he received a windfall from Lerner, however, he did not anticipate spending more than the £5m-plus promised by Ellis, making loan signings instead with a view to buying players when the window reopens in January.

Intriguingly, O'Neill made it clear he regarded Newcastle as a template, in terms of their ambition and willingness to invest, for what Villa could become under Lerner. "They have the essence of a brilliant club - 54,000 people go and support them. They get a serious injury to Michael Owen, so what do they do? Spend £10m on a replacement [Obafemi Martins]. They also bought Damien Duff.

"Newcastle deserve success. It doesn't matter what their financial position is, they're prepared to do something because the club demands it. They mean business. They don't want to be on the periphery. I might be deluding myself, but I feel Villa can get there too. This club has the potential to be great again. I'd love to be here when it happens."

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has backed the club's decision to shell out £12million on James Milner's services.

Eyebrows were raised when the full figure of the ex-Leeds man's fee was revealed as many believe the Midlands outfit paid over the odds for the talented winger.

However, the 22-year-old impressed in Villa's 3-2 midweek success over Blackburn and O'Neill believes the England Under-21 international will only get better in time.

Milner quit Newcastle after handing in a transfer request and despite Villa splashing out a eight-figure some on the winger O'Neill feel he is 'worth every penny'.

"My own view is that if James had been given a new contract at Newcastle I think he would have stayed," said O'Neill.

Opportunity

"James had played a lot of games for Newcastle and if they were stalling on a new contract we had a great opportunity to get him in.

"The offer from Villa was too good for Newcastle to turn down and James is worth every penny of the fee.

Martin O'Neill isn't daft, he knew their place in the food chain a few years ago as demonstrated above and has done something about it. I think he'll be on the big stage when Wenger or Fergie call it a day, and he was honest enough to admit his opportunism in signing Milner was all about the climate at NUFC at present.

Edited by Stevie

So with N'Zobia being a left footer he'd be looking at playing leftback at Villa. Which he doesn't like? This rumour is looking less and less likely. For what its worth, I've heard the player that PSG are potentially offering in exchange is dynamite. The next Bassong perhaps?

How much do you think N'Zogbia is potentially worth, bearing in mind his 'wanting out' would perhaps lower his price, regardless of whether Newcastle want to sell or not. No point keeping him if isn't thaaat good.

Milner has really split opinions at Villa park, and to be fair he hasn't overdone the stepovers so far. He works really hard, and makes some good touches, the occasional inspired pass but on the whole his crossing has been poor. I think it is easy to see Young on the other flank playing blinders every week and compare the two. As it is he gives us balance, and is doing okay. At least defensively, we are 10 times stronger down the right with him in the side.

Some Villa lulus on Soccernet were claiming that Milner's better than every player we have and that he's the future of England. :lol:<_< Nice to see our guests have a better idea of his qualities.

I'd rather not let N'Zogbia go without knowing we'd replace him as Duff really isn't very good - sorry Damien, thanks for the goal on Sunday - but if he's actually coming out and saying he wants to go, we should let him and try to get some decent wedge (which will go into Fat Mike's pocket of course... :friends: )

So with N'Zobia being a left footer he'd be looking at playing leftback at Villa. Which he doesn't like? This rumour is looking less and less likely. For what its worth, I've heard the player that PSG are potentially offering in exchange is dynamite. The next Bassong perhaps?

How much do you think N'Zogbia is potentially worth, bearing in mind his 'wanting out' would perhaps lower his price, regardless of whether Newcastle want to sell or not. No point keeping him if isn't thaaat good.

Milner has really split opinions at Villa park, and to be fair he hasn't overdone the stepovers so far. He works really hard, and makes some good touches, the occasional inspired pass but on the whole his crossing has been poor. I think it is easy to see Young on the other flank playing blinders every week and compare the two. As it is he gives us balance, and is doing okay. At least defensively, we are 10 times stronger down the right with him in the side.

Sakho? Rumour has it we've offered 8 million Euros for him.

N'Zogbia is a better player than Milner, so if MON is going to go mental with a chequebook i'd be looking for at least £15 million from you lot. In the real world probably no more than half of that.

You've got Milner nailed on by the way. Hard worker but a shite crosser.