N'Zogbia in Lyon link

Jimbo

I'd be sad to see N'Zogbia go because we'd be bound to replace him with a clogger, just like we've been doing since the Robson days. One of the main reasons we've been shit for more than five years is because we haven't had enough flair players.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else not think this is just the media tryin to stur shit again? I mean things seem to be looking up for us atm and the media will dig out any "quotations" they can to fuck us around. Who's to say these are not quotes from a while ago?

Personally i dont think he will leave, and if he is to leave then he HAS to command a higher fee than milner!

As for lack of ambition, people talk about us being in a relegation battle, are we not just about the same points off the europe spots? Isnt our diciplinary record pretty good? Our chance of qualifying for europe are not as remote as some people make out tbf! I guess its whether your a "glass half full" or "glass half empty" kinda person.

I for one have always felt things were not as bad as people made out, if we can get baines or sakho in at left back, and maybe bullard or skjelbred in january then i think we can keep climbing the table.

Three points away to wigan and a point at home to liverpool would do our chances the world of good.

Look up guys, not down.

For what its worth, i dont think zog will leave, nor owen, i dont think anyone of note will leave in january and i think we'l spend about 10mil and keep climbing the table. Come end of the season...6th or 7th......its not beyond us!!

Yes ignore me, season ticket holder since 1992 from Newcastle upon Tyne, and pay attention to teenage Wearsiders packing shelves at Lidl's at 3pm most Saturdays.

mmm 92 aye, isn't that when your fortunes started to improve? But I guess that is just a coincedence isn't it. :lol:

I came on here interested to find out Newcastle fans thoughts on N'Zogbia and Owen and stumble on people having a pop at Villa.

I don't really want to get into the who is bigger debate as its rather childish and ultimately pointless. In the last 20 years I don't think either club has achieved anything much to really shout about.

We had a good first half of the 90's you had a good second half both clubs threatened to challange but in the end never really did and since 2000 I'd say things have been fairly even. You get bigger crowds and we have a big history of trophies each club and its fans can proclaim themselves bigger than the other and point to different reasons why.

Newcastle had their crack at trying to break the elite and so have Spurs now it would appear we are best placed to do so. It would seem the roles are reversed in recent years we suffered from lack of investment, lack of ambition and apathy and the crowds fell while Newcastle were the opposite and your attendances despite what some like to claim rocketed. Now the reverse is true your crowds are down, your spending less money and we are now the more ambitious club.

Its swings and roundabouts really we will either break the top 4 or we won't and if we don't sooner or later the wheels will come off and some other club will have a crack.

Back to N'Zogbia I'm not really a big fan largelly due to his attitude but we need to increase the size of the squad I'm just not sure he will be one of the targets.

Fwiw about 90% of us don't want to into that debate either :lol:

Its fairly daft really isn't it.

So what is the general feeling in regards N'Zogbia, I always had him down as having talent but not the attitude or application to make the most out of it. Fair? Unfair?

With Fabregas out for four months and Adebayor out for the boxing day game I think Villa can really push Arsenal for fourth.

On the bigger club debate, A debate I have been through a lot on the internet, I cant say I'm bothered because at the end of the day you aren't going to change their minds, even Spurs fans turning up on here with usernames like ''You've Won Fuck All'', when in reality we have 6 F.A Cups,4 Leagues and a major european trophy, not quite epic but it definitely makes us a big part of English football.

The thing is with us - when we do well - everyone is quite happy to call us a big club and a 'Sleeping giant' and there is not anything to debate, however when we show ourselves up we are suddenly a figure of fun.

Plus we have been shite since Robson left - the 4000 missing aren't not turning up because we aren't competing, it's simply because they don't want to give Ashley their money.

Any way best of luck with 4th place and hopefully we can start to climb the table and compete for things as soon as possible.

Fwiw about 90% of us don't want to into that debate either :lol:

Its fairly daft really isn't it.

So what is the general feeling in regards N'Zogbia, I always had him down as having talent but not the attitude or application to make the most out of it. Fair? Unfair?

I'd say 99% of us to be fair!!

As for Zog, he's a hard one to call because in recent times he's never had a fair crack at showing what he can do. He's frequently been at LB or on the bench and has rarely had anything like a run at LW where he belongs.

For me he hasn't kicked on like i thought he would when he first arrived here and has been inconsistent, but as i say that's not been helped by his treatment here. He's got plenty of pace and can be a big threat, he just needs to work on the final ball a bit and find that consitency which will hopefully come with a run of games.

I don't want to lose him, we have little pace and matchwinners as it is and we would likely replace him with somebody slow and uncreative!

I'd have kept him over Milner, who for all his great attitude and workrate is a winger who is slow and can't cross!

With Fabregas out for four months and Adebayor out for the boxing day game I think Villa can really push Arsenal for fourth.

On the bigger club debate, A debate I have been through a lot on the internet, I cant say I'm bothered because at the end of the day you aren't going to change their minds, even Spurs fans turning up on here with usernames like ''You've Won Fuck All'', when in reality we have 6 F.A Cups,4 Leagues and a major european trophy, not quite epic but it definitely makes us a big part of English football.

The thing is with us - when we do well - everyone is quite happy to call us a big club and a 'Sleeping giant' and there is not anything to debate, however when we show ourselves up we are suddenly a figure of fun.

Plus we have been shite since Robson left - the 4000 missing aren't not turning up because we aren't competing, it's simply because they don't want to give Ashley their money.

Any way best of luck with 4th place and hopefully we can start to climb the table and compete for things as soon as possible.

We have a chance but there is a long long way to do. I suspect quite a lot of fans up and down the country want us to do it much like with you guys when you were going for the title.

Your right the old big club debate is just bloody daft, nobody can even agree the criteria let alone who meets it.

I always think the way the media view Newcastle is a little odd, when things are going well they really really kiss your collective arse and when things are going bad they can't wait to turn on you. We seem to occupy a middle ground with the media we don't get much praise but they leave us be when things turn ugly.

With regards the missing 4000 or so fans, is that what it is? Just a protest about Ashley?

Cheers for your best wishes, likewise to you guys glad to see you getting a bit more stabilty and moving up the table. I'll never ever understand why you got rid of Robson I still think your paying the price for that mistake.

I'd have kept him over Milner, who for all his great attitude and workrate is a winger who is slow and can't cross!

Milner's an odd one and can be frustrating but when you have a player like Young on the other wing Milner kind of balances the midfield a little. The other thing is Young wasn't the best crosser of the ball when we signed him, far from it but look at him now. We have John Robertson (Forest European Cup winning winger) on the coaching staff and he has worked wonders with him hopefully he does the same with Milner.

The missing 4,000 are from corporate boxes and people who won't sit in the bar areas because of the price increase, which was put in place to subsidise the cheaper tickets for kids in the larger family section.

Although they're happy to use them for the bigger games like Liverpool.

It's very easy to be blase and come on an opposition message board saying your crowds are very much on the decline. They are down, but I'd just like to point out our average gate this season is larger than any Aston Villa have ever had in the history of the club.

Villa are well placed to have a go, but whereas I think Newcastle when we were having a go were very secure with the players they had in that they weren't screaming to be away, and the other clubs knew they'd have a job getting them away, I feel with Villa and particularly Tottenham, that won't be the case. I'd stake my life for instance that Ashley Young won't be a Villan this time in three years time. Good luck though. We're 12 points behind, if we can half that between now and the end of the season I'll be happy, and it will mean we'll be 6th or 7th.

The missing 4,000 are from corporate boxes and people who won't sit in the bar areas because of the price increase, which was put in place to subsidise the cheaper tickets for kids in the larger family section.

Basically blaming the fans rather than the shit business plan. You really couldn't make it up.

Basically blaming the fans rather than the shit business plan. You really couldn't make it up.

Not really, I'm glad the club value the custom of kids who will be the next generation of fans at SJP rather than those who fill corporate boxes.

Milner's an odd one and can be frustrating but when you have a player like Young on the other wing Milner kind of balances the midfield a little. The other thing is Young wasn't the best crosser of the ball when we signed him, far from it but look at him now. We have John Robertson (Forest European Cup winning winger) on the coaching staff and he has worked wonders with him hopefully he does the same with Milner.

I was the same in his time here, kept saying he was young and that they'd work on his crossing and it would be sorted out in time, but if anything it might have got worse at times! Maybe your guys will work wonders with him, but sadly i think he's destined to continue delivering appalling crosses from easy positions alot of the time!

But since you're top 4 with a good shot at CL qualification its not abig worry is it! :lol:

It's very easy to be blase and come on an opposition message board saying your crowds are very much on the decline. They are down, but I'd just like to point out our average gate this season is larger than any Aston Villa have ever had in the history of the club.

In the history of the club? Your showing a little ignorance there I'm affraid.

Villa are well placed to have a go, but whereas I think Newcastle when we were having a go were very secure with the players they had in that they weren't screaming to be away, and the other clubs knew they'd have a job getting them away, I feel with Villa and particularly Tottenham, that won't be the case. I'd stake my life for instance that Ashley Young won't be a Villan this time in three years time. Good luck though. We're 12 points behind, if we can half that between now and the end of the season I'll be happy, and it will mean we'll be 6th or 7th.

I'm sorry I fail to see your logic in regards to the loyalty of our players compared to yours from a few years ago. Didn't a certain Andrew Cole leave at the first opportunity to go to Man Utd? Are players are hardly screaming to get away, Ashley Young signed a new 5 year deal last month in case you missed it and became the latest player to commit to a long term deal in recent months following the likes of Gabby and Curtis Davies.

Will Ashley Young be at Villa in 3 years? Who knows, in modern football I don't think you can say that with any certainty about any player at any club.

I really don't think you will finish within 6 points of us this season to be honest but wish you the best for the second half of the season none the less.

Not really, I'm glad the club value the custom of kids who will be the next generation of fans at SJP rather than those who fill corporate boxes.

Prices were put up across the board rather than just in corporate areas. You can see plenty gaps around for most games in level 7 etc. The idea of Ashley as a philanthropist btw :lol:

I was the same in his time here, kept saying he was young and that they'd work on his crossing and it would be sorted out in time, but if anything it might have got worse at times! Maybe your guys will work wonders with him, but sadly i think he's destined to continue delivering appalling crosses from easy positions alot of the time!

But since you're top 4 with a good shot at CL qualification its not abig worry is it! :lol:

Not huge no mate. Perhaps Robertson will have more success that McDermot but with Young in the side its not much of a worry, I think he has 4 or 5 assists for us already though.

Let him go.

Just wondering, in January a lot of talent about:

Elano

Bullard

Santa Cruz

Surely any of them will add to our team.

And how much do you think Elano and Santa Cruz would each cost?

Prices were put up across the board rather than just in corporate areas. You can see plenty gaps around for most games in level 7 etc. The idea of Ashley as a philanthropist btw :lol:

There's always been gaps around level 7 though so it's hardly something new, sometimes there's a big gap next to the away fans where they don't take up their full allocation too.

The cheaper tickets for kids was discussed with the lads from .com, the Mag, True Faith etc when they met up with Mort last season, they all though it would be a good idea to get the next generation of fans in as they thought they were being priced out of the club so it was always planned from around that time.

I would have thought with your dad being ITK you would have been clued up about it.

Let him go.

Just wondering, in January a lot of talent about:

Elano

Bullard

Santa Cruz

Surely any of them will add to our team.

Surely you wouldn't have the money for Santa Cruz?

I wouldn't touch Elano personally, half a good season and an ego the size of Gareth Barry's arse. I do though think Bullard would be an excellent signing for you.