N'Zogbia in Lyon link

Jimbo

Let him go.

Just wondering, in January a lot of talent about:

Elano

Bullard

Santa Cruz

Surely any of them will add to our team.

And how much do you think Elano and Santa Cruz would each cost?

£10-15million and it is irrelevant. I never said we are signing them. However, if we shell out Zog, then we can sign any of them.

Edited by Attain

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The missing 4,000 are from corporate boxes and people who won't sit in the bar areas because of the price increase, which was put in place to subsidise the cheaper tickets for kids in the larger family section.

Although they're happy to use them for the bigger games like Liverpool.

Basically blaming the fans rather than the shit business plan. You really couldn't make it up.

Not really, I'm glad the club value the custom of kids who will be the next generation of fans at SJP rather than those who fill corporate boxes.

Prices were put up across the board rather than just in corporate areas. You can see plenty gaps around for most games in level 7 etc. The idea of Ashley as a philanthropist btw :lol:

There's always been gaps around level 7 though so it's hardly something new, sometimes there's a big gap next to the away fans where they don't take up their full allocation too.

The cheaper tickets for kids was discussed with the lads from .com, the Mag, True Faith etc when they met up with Mort last season, they all though it would be a good idea to get the next generation of fans in as they thought they were being priced out of the club so it was always planned from around that time.

I would have thought with your dad being ITK you would have been clued up about it.

Look - the kids tickets are a good thing, not sure how many extra there were but we're probabll talking about a few hundred more. But if you're saying that the across the board price rises were just to subsidise that, I simply can't agree.

But if you're saying that the across the board price rises were just to subsidise that, I simply can't agree.

Slight point of order but the L7 Milburn (non-family) prices were actually reduced.

But if you're saying that the across the board price rises were just to subsidise that, I simply can't agree.

Slight point of order but the L7 Milburn (non-family) prices were actually reduced.

Fair enough. I didn't realise although that does ring a bell. They were pretty expensive poreviously too iirc.

Fair enough. I didn't realise although that does ring a bell. They were pretty expensive poreviously too iirc.

I said at the time that it was a case of hats off to Mort/Ashley - I think they judged that area as part of the changes and realised we'd been overcharged in the past.

The missing 4,000 are from corporate boxes and people who won't sit in the bar areas because of the price increase, which was put in place to subsidise the cheaper tickets for kids in the larger family section.

Basically blaming the fans rather than the shit business plan. You really couldn't make it up.

Not really, I'm glad the club value the custom of kids who will be the next generation of fans at SJP rather than those who fill corporate boxes.

Prices were put up across the board rather than just in corporate areas. You can see plenty gaps around for most games in level 7 etc. The idea of Ashley as a philanthropist btw :lol:

There's always been gaps around level 7 though so it's hardly something new, sometimes there's a big gap next to the away fans where they don't take up their full allocation too.

The cheaper tickets for kids was discussed with the lads from .com, the Mag, True Faith etc when they met up with Mort last season, they all though it would be a good idea to get the next generation of fans in as they thought they were being priced out of the club so it was always planned from around that time.

I would have thought with your dad being ITK you would have been clued up about it.

Look - the kids tickets are a good thing, not sure how many extra there were but we're probabll talking about a few hundred more. But if you're saying that the across the board price rises were just to subsidise that, I simply can't agree.

I didn't say that the price rises across the board were to subsidise that, the Corporate boxes and bar areas were hit harder to help subsidise the kids tickets though as well as the singing section where season tickets are around £100 cheaper than any other season ticket in the ground, the reason for both a bigger family section with cheaper tickets for kids as well as a singing section is because when the club wanted to find out what fans wanted this is what they came back with.

Apart from a few patches throughout level 7 that have always been there the majority of empty seats are in the corporate and bar areas, now if you want to think that's a shit business plan from Ashley then that's up to you but his reasons behind it are with the best intentions of the fans IMO.

I don't buy that either. They must constitute 1000s of seats. I.e. the corporate ones and bar ones. How much did they go up by? How many extra seats are there for kids? How much cheaper are they? If it all adds up I'll take it back and say fair enough.

Personally i don't think its really down to pricing that much at all, that's just the final straw if you like. Its really down to a bunch of people who have literally had enough, from Souness, Roeder, Fat Sam and then Ashley building hopes up with KK only to shit on them completely. They've just decided that they can't take anymoe of this shit for now at least.

If KK had been backed and stayed and got the football and results flowing i think most of them would have been back by the end of this season, but now there is no entertainment, no hope and no optimism and its killed some people off from coming.

Obviously if ticket prices were vastly reduced people would come back, but i think its mostly down to be people being sick to death of the club being a mess to be honest!

Personally i don't think its really down to pricing that much at all, that's just the final straw if you like. Its really down to a bunch of people who have literally had enough, from Souness, Roeder, Fat Sam and then Ashley building hopes up with KK only to shit on them completely. They've just decided that they can't take anymoe of this shit for now at least.

If KK had been backed and stayed and got the football and results flowing i think most of them would have been back by the end of this season, but now there is no entertainment, no hope and no optimism and its killed some people off from coming.

Obviously if ticket prices were vastly reduced people would come back, but i think its mostly down to be people being sick to death of the club being a mess to be honest!

That's certainly why I've only been to two games so far - though my seat is still being used.

Which is what I originally suggested and is the parallel I was drawing to us in the final years under Ellis.

With Fabregas out for four months and Adebayor out for the boxing day game I think Villa can really push Arsenal for fourth.

On the bigger club debate, A debate I have been through a lot on the internet, I cant say I'm bothered because at the end of the day you aren't going to change their minds, even Spurs fans turning up on here with usernames like ''You've Won Fuck All'', when in reality we have 6 F.A Cups,4 Leagues and a major european trophy, not quite epic but it definitely makes us a big part of English football.

The thing is with us - when we do well - everyone is quite happy to call us a big club and a 'Sleeping giant' and there is not anything to debate, however when we show ourselves up we are suddenly a figure of fun.

Plus we have been shite since Robson left - the 4000 missing aren't not turning up because we aren't competing, it's simply because they don't want to give Ashley their money.

Any way best of luck with 4th place and hopefully we can start to climb the table and compete for things as soon as possible.

We have a chance but there is a long long way to do. I suspect quite a lot of fans up and down the country want us to do it much like with you guys when you were going for the title.

Your right the old big club debate is just bloody daft, nobody can even agree the criteria let alone who meets it.

I always think the way the media view Newcastle is a little odd, when things are going well they really really kiss your collective arse and when things are going bad they can't wait to turn on you. We seem to occupy a middle ground with the media we don't get much praise but they leave us be when things turn ugly.

With regards the missing 4000 or so fans, is that what it is? Just a protest about Ashley?

Cheers for your best wishes, likewise to you guys glad to see you getting a bit more stabilty and moving up the table. I'll never ever understand why you got rid of Robson I still think your paying the price for that mistake.

I think Robson should have been given that season and then moved upstairs but either since then we haven't been up to much.

With the 4000 missing we get heavy criticism and I don't know why, there are still 17 top flight clubs below us in that attribute.

A ground like Goodison Park can have 10'000 missing and nobody says a thing, but we are called fickle and fair weather.

Clubs like Spurs somehow claim they have better support.

Oh well it's probably all a tad meaningless anyway :lol:

It's very easy to be blase and come on an opposition message board saying your crowds are very much on the decline. They are down, but I'd just like to point out our average gate this season is larger than any Aston Villa have ever had in the history of the club.

In the history of the club? Your showing a little ignorance there I'm affraid.

I'm sorry old chump but it's you who is showing a degree of ignorance about your own club. The highest ever average gate Aston Villa have ever had is 47,000 back in 1949, which is a shade under our average in this most troubled of seasons. Your club has only averaged over 40,000 THREE TIMES in it's history.

Villa are well placed to have a go, but whereas I think Newcastle when we were having a go were very secure with the players they had in that they weren't screaming to be away, and the other clubs knew they'd have a job getting them away, I feel with Villa and particularly Tottenham, that won't be the case. I'd stake my life for instance that Ashley Young won't be a Villan this time in three years time. Good luck though. We're 12 points behind, if we can half that between now and the end of the season I'll be happy, and it will mean we'll be 6th or 7th.

I'm sorry I fail to see your logic in regards to the loyalty of our players compared to yours from a few years ago. Didn't a certain Andrew Cole leave at the first opportunity to go to Man Utd? Are players are hardly screaming to get away, Ashley Young signed a new 5 year deal last month in case you missed it and became the latest player to commit to a long term deal in recent months following the likes of Gabby and Curtis Davies.

Will Ashley Young be at Villa in 3 years? Who knows, in modern football I don't think you can say that with any certainty about any player at any club.

I really don't think you will finish within 6 points of us this season to be honest but wish you the best for the second half of the season none the less.

Andy Cole first opportunity :lol: Andy Cole left because WE wanted to sell him. He never asked for a move, Keegan did it for the benefit of the club, and it benefitted us massively because we had our best league season in half a century the next year. We were too predictable under Cole, selling him resulted in a new dimension to our game. Cole leaving had nothing to do with our stature, my point is you won't be able to hold on to these players through choice.

With the 4000 missing we get heavy criticism and I don't know why, there are still 17 top flight clubs below us in that attribute.

A ground like Goodison Park can have 10'000 missing and nobody says a thing, but we are called fickle and fair weather.

I think its because the media rammed it down everyone's throats about how well supported you are or have been since the Keegan era but people remember times when your crowds were shall we say less impressive. Now when things are going well for whatever the reason your numbers are down, you can see the conclusion many jump to I'm sure.

I agree with you dips in your attendance are treated differently to those of other teams but I think that is the flip side of the coin from having the media lavish praise on your support in the past.

Don't get me started on Spurs fans.....

Regardless of the various ups and downs in numbers nobody could in all seriousness claim you aren't a very well supported club.

I didn't say that the price rises across the board were to subsidise that, the Corporate boxes and bar areas were hit harder to help subsidise the kids tickets though as well as the singing section where season tickets are around £100 cheaper than any other season ticket in the ground, the reason for both a bigger family section with cheaper tickets for kids as well as a singing section is because when the club wanted to find out what fans wanted this is what they came back with.

Apart from a few patches throughout level 7 that have always been there the majority of empty seats are in the corporate and bar areas, now if you want to think that's a shit business plan from Ashley then that's up to you but his reasons behind it are with the best intentions of the fans IMO.

There are a lot of empty seats in the Leazes End that were full before.

You obviously haven't added much to your 100 attended games.

Defend Ashley to the last whatever you do. Fact is, he's put money before anything else, taken in a shitload of money, and we haven't seen any of it spent on the team.

I think its because the media rammed it down everyone's throats about how well supported you are or have been since the Keegan era but people remember times when your crowds were shall we say less impressive. Now when things are going well for whatever the reason your numbers are down, you can see the conclusion many jump to I'm sure.

I agree with you dips in your attendance are treated differently to those of other teams but I think that is the flip side of the coin from having the media lavish praise on your support in the past.

Don't get me started on Spurs fans.....

Regardless of the various ups and downs in numbers nobody could in all seriousness claim you aren't a very well supported club.

When 1991? When else you got. Our gates have always stood up to scrutiny against anyone, considering the era, the fact we sold our best players to fund fat cat directors, and have been raped and pillaged for over half a century, despite being the most succesful and best supported club in the 20th century prior to that. Wank average gates are 15,000 in the top flight like Villa in the 80's, not 17,000 in a one off season of boycott anyone who knows anything about football would know about.

Defend Ashley to the last whatever you do. Fact is, he's put money before anything else, taken in a shitload of money, and we haven't seen any of it spent on the team.

The empty seats at the back of the Leazes end are the bar area, you do know that don't you?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Seati...,,10278,00.html

I don't buy that either. They must constitute 1000s of seats. I.e. the corporate ones and bar ones. How much did they go up by? How many extra seats are there for kids? How much cheaper are they? If it all adds up I'll take it back and say fair enough.

The monies generated from corporate sales will help the Club expand the Family Enclosure at St. James' Park to almost treble its previous size.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...1320249,00.html

The empty seats at the back of the Leazes end are the bar area, you do know that don't you?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Seati...,,10278,00.html

I've seen it with my own eyes, I sit just right of the middle, almost dead centre, so I won't even bother clicking on your link, which is more bollocks if it says anything else.

For more proof, 2 friends of mine have moved into the next seats to me and my mate, and it is the first time those seats have not been taken up since 1993 when it was re-opened. There are plenty more around us too that used to be filled.

So basically, stick your link.

When 1991? When else you got. Our gates have always stood up to scrutiny against anyone, considering the era, the fact we sold our best players to fund fat cat directors, and have been raped and pillaged for over half a century, despite being the most succesful and best supported club in the 20th century prior to that. Wank average gates are 15,000 in the top flight like Villa in the 80's, not 17,000 in a one off season of boycott anyone who knows anything about football would know about.

From 82 to 92 your average never went above 30'000 then all of a sudden with the Keegan era from 92 onwards it rocketed.

It's a failed plan either way so it's a moot point.

Shame on the club for attempting to make the club more accessible for young kids and familes.

I said I thought it was a good thing though.

Doesn't mean it worked, any more than the official press release you linked to answered my query as to whether the figures actually added up. Maybe I'm just cynical mind but I'd say it sounds good to say the corporate prices are being raised to subsidise family enclosures as a way of masking the overall price increases. Perhaps I wouldn't be cynical if the new regime didn't lie all the time.