N'Zogbia in Lyon link

Jimbo

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But don't let facts get in the way of an argument - seriously man, next time you come on here spouting the odds, do some fucking reasearch first. Yes, you're more successful that us at present... but it's on the pitch, not off it.

Are you fucking dim or what? What odds am I spouting? Have you read this thread, did you read any of my posts. I'm not on here having a go at Newcastle, I haven't had a dig at Newcastle at any point but a couple of people like yourself feel the need to jump down my throat and have a go, your just making yourselves look daft.

Do my fucking reasearch? Why do I need to do any reasearch when have I ever said we are better supporterd? I haven't. In fact I made no comparison between Villa and Newcastle. I came on here to talk about football with fans who I was always led to believe were the sort to want to talk football regardless of who you support.

It seems I was wrong, you would rather have a pop at people who aren't even attacking your club.

When 1991? When else you got. Our gates have always stood up to scrutiny against anyone, considering the era, the fact we sold our best players to fund fat cat directors, and have been raped and pillaged for over half a century, despite being the most succesful and best supported club in the 20th century prior to that. Wank average gates are 15,000 in the top flight like Villa in the 80's, not 17,000 in a one off season of boycott anyone who knows anything about football would know about.

From 82 to 92 your average never went above 30'000 then all of a sudden with the Keegan era from 92 onwards it rocketed.

What a fucking idiot :lol: Tell me a club who's gates rocketed in that era. It was a time of high unemployment, hooliganism was at an all time high, in the space of 15 years we had sold FOUR world class footballers, Super Mac, Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza, we flirted with relegation nearly every season, yet STILL STILL we were one of the best supported clubs in England. Take 1984 we were in Division Two yet STILL were the third best supported club in England. In fact in a period from 1977 to 1993 we were in the top 10 of English football ONCE. Our relegation season of 88/89 we averaged 27,000 till the last three games when we were already relegated, which made us fourth best supported club in the country. 85-88 typically 22-28,000 average as I said despite no hope or anything, and a club with absolutely no ambition at all. As I said in terms of support and what we've been through we are pierless. We will never and have never averaged 15,000 like Aston Villa (in the top flight in the 80s as well). We are in an era of Talksport/SKY fans like you who don't know any facts about my club. I'll tell you now in terms of support I look down my nose at everyone bar Man Utd and always will. Sunderland are a better and more loyally supported club than Aston Villa.

You could have been more succinct Stevie and simply pointed out that the Keegan era coincided with the building of the North Stand. Before that we couldn't be issued with a safety certificate for a capacity of more than 30,000 so we were filling the place despite being shite.

Not to mention the fact that for one whole season (1987-88) we had a further capacity reduction thanks to the demolition of the old West Stand, the construction the Gleneagles-style grandstand in the centre Leazes meaning that was out of action and the deployment of portakabins in the North East corner which prevented anyone from standing there either.

But don't let facts get in the way of an argument - seriously man, next time you come on here spouting the odds, do some fucking reasearch first. Yes, you're more successful that us at present... but it's on the pitch, not off it.

I remember them green seats in the Leazes, however the capacity was still 26,000 when that was going on. The message behind your post though, I wholeheartedly agree, fucking Aston Villa, and I'm saying Aston Villa like someone in a bar saying those two words with a mixture of scorn and joviality. Comparing them off the pitch to us. I thank god every day I wasn't born in the Midlands, and that he placed me here, because I'll tell you this now, I know its a stereotype, but they genuinely are boring cunts. The most exciting person to come from the Midlands is Lee Hendrie, that's how pathetic they are. Back to the point though they are better than us terms of league table and behind the scenes, they will never begin to match us in terms of the blood of the club, the support, who will apart from Man Utd?

I could say the same about you and Jimmy Nail but I'm not going to sink to your level as I like most Geordies I have meet you normally funny and warm people, clearly your an exception.

We've heard "Keegan Era" this and other assorted bullshit for so long on here that it's no surprise your post was read as a subtle pop tbh.

Well it wasn't, if people had actually read my posts then they would have seen that but instead like on most message boards they don't.

If I wanted to have a pop I would do it directly rather than going around the houses, Newcastle are a good club but it seems a few of your fans have rather substancial chips on their shoulders.

We've heard "Keegan Era" this and other assorted bullshit for so long on here that it's no surprise your post was read as a subtle pop tbh.

Well it wasn't, if people had actually read my posts then they would have seen that but instead like on most message boards they don't.

If I wanted to have a pop I would do it directly rather than going around the houses, Newcastle are a good club but it seems a few of your fans have rather substancial chips on their shoulders.

All clubs have fans like that. 99% of sunlun fans have a chip on both shoulders.

I have to admit to having a soft spot for AV. It actually comes from my subbuteo days when I thought the strip looked canny good. Strange, but true :lol:

All clubs have fans like that. 99% of sunlun fans have a chip on both shoulders.

I have to admit to having a soft spot for AV. It actually comes from my subbuteo days when I thought the strip looked canny good. Strange, but true :lol:

Yeah we have a fair few ourselves not as many as the thugs from the other side of the city but a few.

As for Mackems I know what you mean their a miserable bunch of feckers, lived with two in my uni days I swear they looked for your result in the hope you have lost before they even looked for their own on a Saturday.

P.S - That is perhaps the most odd reason I have heard for anyone quick liking the Villa.

Edited by Villa fan

Dont worry, Stevies standard put downs are 'youre boring', 'we have more fans than you', or 'you were born South of the Tyne'.

Yeah we have a fair few ourselves not as many as the thugs from the other side of the city but a few.

As for Mackems I know what you mean their a miserable bunch of feckers, lived with two in my uni days I swear they looked for your result in the hope you have lost before they even looked for their own on a Saturday.

For some of them you honestly believe they care about the Newcastle result more.

When 1991? When else you got. Our gates have always stood up to scrutiny against anyone, considering the era, the fact we sold our best players to fund fat cat directors, and have been raped and pillaged for over half a century, despite being the most succesful and best supported club in the 20th century prior to that. Wank average gates are 15,000 in the top flight like Villa in the 80's, not 17,000 in a one off season of boycott anyone who knows anything about football would know about.

From 82 to 92 your average never went above 30'000 then all of a sudden with the Keegan era from 92 onwards it rocketed.

What a fucking idiot :lol: Tell me a club who's gates rocketed in that era. It was a time of high unemployment, hooliganism was at an all time high, in the space of 15 years we had sold FOUR world class footballers, Super Mac, Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza, we flirted with relegation nearly every season, yet STILL STILL we were one of the best supported clubs in England. Take 1984 we were in Division Two yet STILL were the third best supported club in England. In fact in a period from 1977 to 1993 we were in the top 10 of English football ONCE. Our relegation season of 88/89 we averaged 27,000 till the last three games when we were already relegated, which made us fourth best supported club in the country. 85-88 typically 22-28,000 average as I said despite no hope or anything, and a club with absolutely no ambition at all. As I said in terms of support and what we've been through we are pierless. We will never and have never averaged 15,000 like Aston Villa (in the top flight in the 80s as well). We are in an era of Talksport/SKY fans like you who don't know any facts about my club. I'll tell you now in terms of support I look down my nose at everyone bar Man Utd and always will. Sunderland are a better and more loyally supported club than Aston Villa.

You could have been more succinct Stevie and simply pointed out that the Keegan era coincided with the building of the North Stand. Before that we couldn't be issued with a safety certificate for a capacity of more than 30,000 so we were filling the place despite being shite.

Not to mention the fact that for one whole season (1987-88) we had a further capacity reduction thanks to the demolition of the old West Stand, the construction the Gleneagles-style grandstand in the centre Leazes meaning that was out of action and the deployment of portakabins in the North East corner which prevented anyone from standing there either.

I remember them green seats in the Leazes, however the capacity was still 26,000 when that was going on. The message behind your post though, I wholeheartedly agree, fucking Aston Villa, and I'm saying Aston Villa like someone in a bar saying those two words with a mixture of scorn and joviality. Comparing them off the pitch to us. I thank god every day I wasn't born in the Midlands, and that he placed me here, because I'll tell you this now, I know its a stereotype, but they genuinely are boring cunts. The most exciting person to come from the Midlands is Lee Hendrie, that's how pathetic they are. Back to the point though they are better than us terms of league table and behind the scenes, they will never begin to match us in terms of the blood of the club, the support, who will apart from Man Utd?

Lenny Henry?

Are you fucking dim or what?

Still not seen the obvious mate? He's a troll. Hell, he is a troll with warning lights and a sirene.

You could argue our trophy cabinet, ups and downs, attendance in the third div., close proximity compition and you he would still right a 5 pages essay on ways to piss you off.

But yes, quite dim.

• 2 weeks later...
N`ZOGBIA ADMITS ARSENAL DREAM

Posted 03/01/09 11:26

Charles N'Zogbia has reiterated his desire to leave Newcastle and admits he would love to join Arsenal.

The French star has become unsettled on Tyneside in recent months and has been strongly linked with a move away from St James' Park.

N'Zogbia, said to be a target of Arsenal, Aston Villa and Paris Saint Germain, insists he wants to win silverware and that is not something he can achieve with Newcastle.

"I am used to English Football, so my priority is to stay here," N'Zogbia told Le 10 Sport.

"France? I don't know it very well! But I think about it. I don't have any contact with French clubs, or any other clubs.

"I ask myself questions about my future. At Newcastle for three years we are playing in the bottom of the league. I want to win titles, and I have set myself high objectives, like being in the French team.

"I told Newcastle in case of possible transfer, I will do anything to leave this winter. If the club receives a nice offer, they will try to transfer me."

N'Zogbia highlighted a move to Arsenal as being his preference if he stays in England, although both Lyon and PSG were appealing options.

"Arsenal is the club that makes me dream the most in the Premier League," he continued.

"Lyon is a very, very good club. PSG is currently in a very good period.

"If I could have to be transferred there, I would have no regret. It would be a good choice.

"But Anyway, I am at Newcastle so far. I give my best for that club, which gave me my start in professional football."

So much for Kinnears happy squad :icon_lol:

This happens every transfer window - how many times has this cunt come out and said the same shite now - he isn't good enough for arsenal and I doubt psg could afford his wages(may be wrong with the euro and that now like) he is a decent player who never quite fulfilled the potential he displayed as a youngster but its not like he has some extraordinary talent - another laurent robert for me - too much gob - will leave and fade into insignificance

This happens every transfer window - how many times has this cunt come out and said the same shite now - he isn't good enough for arsenal and I doubt psg could afford his wages(may be wrong with the euro and that now like) he is a decent player who never quite fulfilled the potential he displayed as a youngster but its not like he has some extraordinary talent - another laurent robert for me - too much gob - will leave and fade into insignificance

Not half the player that Robert was for us.

Not half the player that Robert was for us.

Your right there i was only making the comparison cos robert left after letting his gob go then pretty much vanished into the ether