N'Zogbia in Lyon link

Jimbo

JOE Kinnear today branded Charles N'Zogbia's agents "disrespectful" after the Newcastle United midfielder claimed his representatives were in talks with two clubs.

N'Zogbia has been quoted by the L'Equipe newspaper in his native Franceclaiming his agent was in contact with Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur over transfer window moves.

The 22-year-old – who is struggling to be fit for tomorrow's home game against West Ham United – added his preference is a switch to Arsenal.

However, Kinnear, reeling from N'Zogbia's latest outburst, has gone on the attack.

He claimed Emirates Stadium boss Arsene Wenger, also linked with a bid for Shay Given, was not interested in ANY of his players, and added that N'Zogbia's management team did not have permission to hold such talks.

"We're looking into it," Kinnear told the Gazette. "And if it's true, then the agent's being disrespectful.

"He's never had the decency to explain anything to any member of this football club. It's laughable, to be honest.

"I've spoken to Arsene Wenger, and he said he's not interested in any of my players, so I don't know where the agent's coming from.

"It's absolute nonsense. Charles is under contract until 2012, and I told him on day one that he was a very important player. He's been in the team, and has done very well."

Kinnear was also incensed that Alan Smith, close to full fitness, was yesterday linked with an unlikely swap deal with Middlesbrough which would have seen injury-prone striker Mido move to St James's Park.

And he also denied a report this morning which claimed Bolton Wanderers had slapped in a £2m bid for midfielder Joey Barton, who is set to return to full training next week.

Kinnear went on: "We've identified the players we want, and it's in Dennis Wise's hands.

"As for bids for our players, we've never heard from anybody.

"I spoke to Alan Smith, and he's bitterly disappointed that his name's been banded around for no reason at all.

"He's two weeks away from full fitness, and I don't know how we can transfer someone who has been out for six months.

"It's the same with Joey Barton. He's back in full training next week."

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine MON could use him. We need cover for left back as Bouma isnt fit yet, and Shorey isnt good enough it seems.

He would cover for either Milner or Ash needing a rest as well.

I really dont know whether we are interested, but a good indication would be if you see MON denying the interest. He is often out and dismissing agent talk regarding players from relatively big clubs.

I agree that he's not being professional making comments like these. It is however very interesting, and seems to just reiterate that Newcastle United and the current owners have no ambition. If he's looking at clubs like Tottenham and Aston Villa and seeing them as bigger clubs than Newcastle United then we've clearly slipped a long way down over the past 5 years. Honestly can't see how he would even get a look in at Villa. Spurs he would be a reasonable fit for. Another quick player with not a lot of end product.

I reckon he'd be going to spurs for the money because in footballing terms its a sideways step.

The lure of London is a big thing for the modern-day footballing ponce too. We're at a distinct disadvantage now when it homes to signing foreign dandy's, despite being at the superior end of the country.

Despite what we'd like to believe, and despite us being ahead of them in the league at the minute, we are currently miles behind Spurs in terms ambition and set up. In this little twat's case a move might well be just down to wanting to be in London or money but for footballing reasons most players would choose any of the clubs he's linking himself with over us at the minute.

I agree that he's not being professional making comments like these. It is however very interesting, and seems to just reiterate that Newcastle United and the current owners have no ambition. If he's looking at clubs like Tottenham and Aston Villa and seeing them as bigger clubs than Newcastle United then we've clearly slipped a long way down over the past 5 years. Honestly can't see how he would even get a look in at Villa. Spurs he would be a reasonable fit for. Another quick player with not a lot of end product.

I reckon he'd be going to spurs for the money because in footballing terms its a sideways step.

The lure of London is a big thing for the modern-day footballing ponce too. We're at a distinct disadvantage now when it homes to signing foreign dandy's, despite being at the superior end of the country.

Despite what we'd like to believe, and despite us being ahead of them in the league at the minute, we are currently miles behind Spurs in terms ambition and set up. In this little twat's case a move might well be just down to wanting to be in London or money but for footballing reasons most players would choose any of the clubs he's linking himself with over us at the minute.

Totally agree.

FACT!

What kinda money would you be looking at for him? £ 8 -9 Mill? More?

I'm pretty sure you'd get him with an offer like that. I'd open the bidding at quite a bit lower tbh.

Obviously the big problem if he want would be much like the Milner deal, would the money be spent on a replacement.

If we knew it would get reinvested I wouldn't think twice about punting him for 8 million.

Me too. I'm sick of, what appears to me, his persistant whining and also because it would be interesting to see if he actually did progress as as footballer if he went to a different club/manager instead of continuing in his Lua Lua-like mode.

Newcastle United star Charles N'Zogbia claims Lyon are interested in signing him.

Reports emanating from France claim the Ligue 1 leaders have made an enquiry for the versatile performer.

N'Zogbia has never hidden his desire to leave Newcastle with the player claiming last week Tottenham and Aston Villa were chasing his services.

Newcastle moved quickly to reject that speculation, but now N'Zogbia says Lyon are hoping to lure him away from Tyneside.

"There have been some changes at Newcastle recently. I have experienced six different managers in four years, and it is too much," N'Zogbia told Lyon Capitale.

"Every season is getting worse and worse despite the lofty goals of the club. I therefore decided to leave, to try to find better exposure.

"I am waiting. They (Lyon) may actually have contacted my agent, but I did not get feedback.

"What is certain is that Lyon is a good club. Whether they really want me remains to be seen."

N'Zogbia, who is contracted at St James' Park until 2012, admits Newcastle will have the final say on his future with Joe Kinnear keen to keep hold of the majority of his squad.

"If Newcastle decided to keep me, I will stay. I will have no choice," concluded N'Zogbia.

He's desperate to get out. Tbf to the lad he seems able to kick and ball and run very fast, two things most of the others can't do. :D

Other than making his mouth go though they do seem to be pretty much his only talents. As an ability to cross and any brains seem sadly lacking.

He's desperate to get out. Tbf to the lad he seems able to kick and ball and run very fast, two things most of the others can't do. :D

Other than making his mouth go though they do seem to be pretty much his only talents. As an ability to cross and any brains seem sadly lacking.

Common problems with footballers non?

Common problems with footballers non?

The ones we buy certainly.

Tbf to N'Zogbia, if I were him I'd look for a move too. It's about ambition. If he stays at Newcastle where his career isn't progressing at all he can start looking for good crepes recipes...

Agree wholeheartedly with that, but the way he is going about this (and has done for a couple of years) is really pissing me off. Also he has rarely if ever shown the sort of promise that would suggest he could go on to be a really top player which he seems to think he already is.

never got a proper run out in the team though to show promise,

mean can you remember him getting on @ the left for say 5games on the trot ever?

I can't

Good point and he's still only what 23 or summat? I would really try and keep him. He's got the core skills that with good coaching would produce a good player over the next 3/4 years. I still think he'll get a full French cap.

never got a proper run out in the team though to show promise,

mean can you remember him getting on @ the left for say 5games on the trot ever?

I can't

Good point and he's still only what 23 or summat? I would really try and keep him. He's got the core skills that with good coaching would produce a good player over the next 3/4 years. I still think he'll get a full French cap.

I would say he's lacking in the core skill of a footballing brain, he regularly just runs into a crowd of players with his head down. Ultimately I would have liked to keep him but he wants away and is being a twat about it so I would be happy to see the back of him.

Tbf to N'Zogbia, if I were him I'd look for a move too. It's about ambition. If he stays at Newcastle where his career isn't progressing at all he can start looking for good crepes recipes...

I agree, but to discuss that in the French papers? He should tell the club, and not the press.