N'Zogbia in Lyon link

Jimbo

The missing 4,000 are from corporate boxes and people who won't sit in the bar areas because of the price increase, which was put in place to subsidise the cheaper tickets for kids in the larger family section.

Although they're happy to use them for the bigger games like Liverpool.

Basically blaming the fans rather than the shit business plan. You really couldn't make it up.

Not really, I'm glad the club value the custom of kids who will be the next generation of fans at SJP rather than those who fill corporate boxes.

Prices were put up across the board rather than just in corporate areas. You can see plenty gaps around for most games in level 7 etc. The idea of Ashley as a philanthropist btw :lol:

There's always been gaps around level 7 though so it's hardly something new, sometimes there's a big gap next to the away fans where they don't take up their full allocation too.

The cheaper tickets for kids was discussed with the lads from .com, the Mag, True Faith etc when they met up with Mort last season, they all though it would be a good idea to get the next generation of fans in as they thought they were being priced out of the club so it was always planned from around that time.

I would have thought with your dad being ITK you would have been clued up about it.

Look - the kids tickets are a good thing, not sure how many extra there were but we're probabll talking about a few hundred more. But if you're saying that the across the board price rises were just to subsidise that, I simply can't agree.

I didn't say that the price rises across the board were to subsidise that, the Corporate boxes and bar areas were hit harder to help subsidise the kids tickets though as well as the singing section where season tickets are around £100 cheaper than any other season ticket in the ground, the reason for both a bigger family section with cheaper tickets for kids as well as a singing section is because when the club wanted to find out what fans wanted this is what they came back with.

Apart from a few patches throughout level 7 that have always been there the majority of empty seats are in the corporate and bar areas, now if you want to think that's a shit business plan from Ashley then that's up to you but his reasons behind it are with the best intentions of the fans IMO.

There are a lot of empty seats in the Leazes End that were full before.

You obviously haven't added much to your 100 attended games.

Defend Ashley to the last whatever you do. Fact is, he's put money before anything else, taken in a shitload of money, and we haven't seen any of it spent on the team.

The empty seats at the back of the Leazes end are the bar area, you do know that don't you?

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Seati...,,10278,00.html

I've seen it with my own eyes, I sit just right of the middle, almost dead centre, so I won't even bother clicking on your link, which is more bollocks if it says anything else.

For more proof, 2 friends of mine have moved into the next seats to me and my mate, and it is the first time those seats have not been taken up since 1993 when it was re-opened. There are plenty more around us too that used to be filled.

So basically, stick your link.

I sit to the side of it and have perfect view of the whole Leazes end and the empty seats are at the back where the bar areas are, I'll even take a picture next time if you want me to prove that you're talking shite.

As for this alleged story about your 2 friends, people move seats all of the time and the fact that the seats have already been filled says a lot, did they move there from another part of the ground or are they new ticket holders?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When 1991? When else you got. Our gates have always stood up to scrutiny against anyone, considering the era, the fact we sold our best players to fund fat cat directors, and have been raped and pillaged for over half a century, despite being the most succesful and best supported club in the 20th century prior to that. Wank average gates are 15,000 in the top flight like Villa in the 80's, not 17,000 in a one off season of boycott anyone who knows anything about football would know about.

From 82 to 92 your average never went above 30'000 then all of a sudden with the Keegan era from 92 onwards it rocketed.

7 or 8 of those were in the 2nd division after a decade as a feeder club :lol:

When 1991? When else you got. Our gates have always stood up to scrutiny against anyone, considering the era, the fact we sold our best players to fund fat cat directors, and have been raped and pillaged for over half a century, despite being the most succesful and best supported club in the 20th century prior to that. Wank average gates are 15,000 in the top flight like Villa in the 80's, not 17,000 in a one off season of boycott anyone who knows anything about football would know about.

From 82 to 92 your average never went above 30'000 then all of a sudden with the Keegan era from 92 onwards it rocketed.

What a fucking idiot :lol: Tell me a club who's gates rocketed in that era. It was a time of high unemployment, hooliganism was at an all time high, in the space of 15 years we had sold FOUR world class footballers, Super Mac, Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza, we flirted with relegation nearly every season, yet STILL STILL we were one of the best supported clubs in England. Take 1984 we were in Division Two yet STILL were the third best supported club in England. In fact in a period from 1977 to 1993 we were in the top 10 of English football ONCE. Our relegation season of 88/89 we averaged 27,000 till the last three games when we were already relegated, which made us fourth best supported club in the country. 85-88 typically 22-28,000 average as I said despite no hope or anything, and a club with absolutely no ambition at all. As I said in terms of support and what we've been through we are pierless. We will never and have never averaged 15,000 like Aston Villa (in the top flight in the 80s as well). We are in an era of Talksport/SKY fans like you who don't know any facts about my club. I'll tell you now in terms of support I look down my nose at everyone bar Man Utd and always will. Sunderland are a better and more loyally supported club than Aston Villa.

It's a failed plan either way so it's a moot point.

Shame on the club for attempting to make the club more accessible for young kids and familes.

I said I thought it was a good thing though.

Doesn't mean it worked, any more than the official press release you linked to answered my query as to whether the figures actually added up. Maybe I'm just cynical mind but I'd say it sounds good to say the corporate prices are being raised to subsidise family enclosures as a way of masking the overall price increases. Perhaps I wouldn't be cynical if the new regime didn't lie all the time.

I'm not going to the trouble of finding out seating numbers and prices just to prove you wrong, if you want to remain cynical about it all it's up to you.

Merry Christmas btw.

Shame on the club for attempting to make the club more accessible for young kids and familes.

Doesn't mean it worked, any more than the official press release you linked to answered my query as to whether the figures actually added up. Maybe I'm just cynical mind but I'd say it sounds good to say the corporate prices are being raised to subsidise family enclosures as a way of masking the overall price increases. Perhaps I wouldn't be cynical if the new regime didn't lie all the time.

I'm not going to the trouble of finding out seating numbers and prices just to prove you wrong, if you want to remain cynical about it all it's up to you.

Merry Christmas btw.

Exactly what you would do if you could tbh. You probably have a wank when you did it as well. :lol:

7 or 8 of those were in the 2nd division after a decade as a feeder club :lol:

I know, I'm not having a pop. I think people should actually read back through my posts before jumping down my throat.

Merry Christmas btw.

Exactly what you would do if you could tbh. You probably have a wank when you did it as well. :)

Would I bollocks, I don't mind dragging up the odd article to prove and I'll be taking my camera to the West Ham game to prove Leazes wrong too but I wouldn't put that much effort in. :lol:

The club has said in the link I gave you that corporate will subsidise the family section so stop being cynical, admit I'm right and we can all move on.

What a fucking idiot :lol: Tell me a club who's gates rocketed in that era. It was a time of high unemployment, hooliganism was at an all time high, in the space of 15 years we had sold FOUR world class footballers, Super Mac, Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza, we flirted with relegation nearly every season, yet STILL STILL we were one of the best supported clubs in England. Take 1984 we were in Division Two yet STILL were the third best supported club in England. In fact in a period from 1977 to 1993 we were in the top 10 of English football ONCE. Our relegation season of 88/89 we averaged 27,000 till the last three games when we were already relegated, which made us fourth best supported club in the country. 85-88 typically 22-28,000 average as I said despite no hope or anything, and a club with absolutely no ambition at all. As I said in terms of support and what we've been through we are pierless. We will never and have never averaged 15,000 like Aston Villa (in the top flight in the 80s as well). We are in an era of Talksport/SKY fans like you who don't know any facts about my club. I'll tell you now in terms of support I look down my nose at everyone bar Man Utd and always will. Sunderland are a better and more loyally supported club than Aston Villa.

Your the fucking idiot, you have totally gone off on one trying to defend your club against attack and I wasn't even having a go. If you stop for a minute and count to 10 I've not had a go at your support, all I was doing is commenting on why you seem to get stick from it in response to a post made by one of your fans.

You can look down your nose and get on your high horse all you want, frankily I'm not really arsed fella so go ahead wage your little war against your imaginary foe knock yourself out. When your finished I'll still be taking football with the other sensible people on here.

P.S - Don't judge me as some Sky/Talksport fan when you know nothing about me, I've had a season ticket at Villa Park since 1985 so your barking up the wrong tree.

Merry Christmas btw.

Exactly what you would do if you could tbh. You probably have a wank when you did it as well. :)

Would I bollocks, I don't mind dragging up the odd article to prove and I'll be taking my camera to the West Ham game to prove Leazes wrong too but I wouldn't put that much effort in. :lol:

The club has said in the link I gave you that corporate will subsidise the family section so stop being cynical, admit I'm right and we can all move on.

:outahere:

I often hear people say they get sick of hearing the best fans in the world tag thrown at Newcastle. To be fair I don't know anyone who says it, no one. Having said that, if you scrutinise the history of the club, and don't come back with 28,000 Man City in Division 3 in the SKY boom era where were they in the late 80s in the top flight? Having said that, scrutinise football, the history, the one off 1991 season, go back through history to this very moment in time, compare Newcastle with any club in football, and I mean anyone, and the only conclusion anyone remotely sain could draw is there is a not a more loyally supported football club in Britain, and that is a fuckin stone wall fact, which new SKY era fans who listen to wank like Adrian Durham can debate, but the truth is there for all to see. We are in our 53rd season without a domestic trophy, we're still here...and I tell you something now, there is not a club on earth would get what we get over such a barren spell. Take Villa, they win the European Cup in 1982, 4 years later they're averaging 15,000. See if we won the European Cup, we'd be as bad as Celtic are about 1967, not only that but even in the 80's 50,000 would've been too small for this club, in an era when it was proper fans, not lasses and out of fuckin towners.

Merry Christmas btw.

The club has said many things over the last couple of years....... some of them might even have been true. :outahere:

I often hear people say they get sick of hearing the best fans in the world tag thrown at Newcastle. To be fair I don't know anyone who says it, no one. Having said that, if you scrutinise the history of the club, and don't come back with 28,000 Man City in Division 3 in the SKY boom era where were they in the late 80s in the top flight? Having said that, scrutinise football, the history, the one off 1991 season, go back through history to this very moment in time, compare Newcastle with any club in football, and I mean anyone, and the only conclusion anyone remotely sain could draw is there is a not a more loyally supported football club in Britain, and that is a fuckin stone wall fact, which new SKY era fans who listen to wank like Adrian Durham can debate, but the truth is there for all to see. We are in our 53rd season without a domestic trophy, we're still here...and I tell you something now, there is not a club on earth would get what we get over such a barren spell. Take Villa, they win the European Cup in 1982, 4 years later they're averaging 15,000. See if we won the European Cup, we'd be as bad as Celtic are about 1967, not only that but even in the 80's 50,000 would've been too small for this club, in an era when it was proper fans, not lasses and out of fuckin towners.

4 years after winning the European Cup we were relegated pal.

You seem to have a real issue in regards to this subject but your issue isn't with me so as I said before your barking up the wrong tree throwing this shite at me.

4 years after winning the European Cup we were relegated pal.

You seem to have a real issue in regards to this subject but your issue isn't with me so as I said before your barking up the wrong tree throwing this shite at me.

5 years after you won the European you were relegated not 4.

Didn't they try to make St.James 80'000 in the 60's?

Edit to say that's pretty meaningless, but it was on the members DVD and everything the club tried to do regarding capacity was turned down by the council :lol:

Didn't they try to make St.James 80'000 in the 60's?

77,000 I think they wanted to make it but the City Council said do one. The Toon had an awful relationship with the city council for almost a century.

Yeah, I read we tried to move from St.James Park but it was again rejected by the council.

To be honest I prefer an older ground anyway. :lol:

That was more where they where going to reposition it I think, in fairness I kinda agree with why they didn't move it.

It's on the members DVD too but it doesn't go into to it too much.

The DVD is fucking class like, it goes through the great goal scorers and has some good old & recent footage.

It's got both the Beardsley era's on and Cole, McDonald, Quinn, a good watch :lol:

The DVD is fucking class like, it goes through the great goal scorers and has some good old & recent footage.

It's got both the Beardsley era's on and Cole, McDonald, Quinn, a good watch :)

What about John Anderson?

:lol:

It's got both the Beardsley era's on and Cole, McDonald, Quinn, a good watch :lol:

What about John Anderson?

Who the fuck's John Ande.....etc etc.

Maybe he just wants to play in Europe, which we won't be doing for a long time.

He's getting a bit tedious Charlie now,yes he'll turn out to be class some day but if he doesn't wanna stay then get as much as we can for him and replace him lke for like.

You could have been more succinct Stevie and simply pointed out that the Keegan era coincided with the building of the North Stand. Before that we couldn't be issued with a safety certificate for a capacity of more than 30,000 so we were filling the place despite being shite.

Not to mention the fact that for one whole season (1987-88) we had a further capacity reduction thanks to the demolition of the old West Stand, the construction the Gleneagles-style grandstand in the centre Leazes meaning that was out of action and the deployment of portakabins in the North East corner which prevented anyone from standing there either.

But don't let facts get in the way of an argument - seriously man, next time you come on here spouting the odds, do some fucking reasearch first. Yes, you're more successful that us at present... but it's on the pitch, not off it.

You could have been more succinct Stevie and simply pointed out that the Keegan era coincided with the building of the North Stand. Before that we couldn't be issued with a safety certificate for a capacity of more than 30,000 so we were filling the place despite being shite.

Not to mention the fact that for one whole season (1987-88) we had a further capacity reduction thanks to the demolition of the old West Stand, the construction the Gleneagles-style grandstand in the centre Leazes meaning that was out of action and the deployment of portakabins in the North East corner which prevented anyone from standing there either.

But don't let facts get in the way of an argument - seriously man, next time you come on here spouting the odds, do some fucking reasearch first. Yes, you're more successful that us at present... but it's on the pitch, not off it.

I remember them green seats in the Leazes, however the capacity was still 26,000 when that was going on. The message behind your post though, I wholeheartedly agree, fucking Aston Villa, and I'm saying Aston Villa like someone in a bar saying those two words with a mixture of scorn and joviality. Comparing them off the pitch to us. I thank god every day I wasn't born in the Midlands, and that he placed me here, because I'll tell you this now, I know its a stereotype, but they genuinely are boring cunts. The most exciting person to come from the Midlands is Lee Hendrie, that's how pathetic they are. Back to the point though they are better than us terms of league table and behind the scenes, they will never begin to match us in terms of the blood of the club, the support, who will apart from Man Utd?