Woodgate strikes again...

Meenzer

...at the right end this time, though. :crylaughin:

2052: GOAL Real Madrid 1-1 Rosenborg

Madrid are level, as Jonathan Woodgate - scoring at the right end for once - finds the net early in the second half.

Speaking of drugs in a totally unrelated way. I think Cocaine is derived from natural substances rather than via a synthetic process.

47627[/snapback]

your point being?

did you know that if you mix blue and yellow together you get green?

Speaking of drugs in a totally unrelated way. I think Cocaine is derived from natural substances rather than via a synthetic process.

47627[/snapback]

your point being?

47634[/snapback]

I can't really spell it out here given the potential legal ramifications. If you like, I'll pm you what I meant (I promise not to include any big words).

Woodgate pays tribute to doctor

Real Madrid's Jonathan Woodgate has paid tribute to the doctor who helped him through his long injury nightmare.

Woodgate, 25, ran to embrace Dr Alfonso Del Corral after the England defender scored in Real's 4-1 Champions League win over Rosenborg.

"He helped me in the bad times and it was great to be able to celebrate with him," said Woodgate.

"He worked so hard to help me recover and I had to make sure he got the credit he deserves."

Woodgate tore a thigh muscle in April 2004, and numerous complications during his tortuous battle to regain his fitness even cast doubts over his ability to play again.

The former Leeds and Newcastle defender eventually made his debut for Real more than a year after his £13.5m move from The Magpies.

His debut turned into a nightmare as he scored an own goal and was sent off but the smile returned to his face as he scored his first goal for Real in their 4-1 win over the Norwegians.

He said: "I saluted the fans and then I ran to the dugout to jump on Dr Del Corral because it's been hard for me and him over the last year.

"Dr Corral is my friend, I ran over and gave him a hug because I like him a lot, and it's great to put all this behind me."

Link

47627[/snapback]

your point being?

47634[/snapback]

I think he means that Jesus Christ died of a cocaine overdose as opposed to too much mescaline or LSD, contrary to popular belief.

47627[/snapback]

your point being?

47634[/snapback]

I think he means that Jesus Christ died of a cocaine overdose as opposed to too much mescaline or LSD, contrary to popular belief.

47670[/snapback]

It was more that 'Jesus' has an alleged 'nose for trouble'.

47671[/snapback]

I got that, just trying to avoid a bit of legal trouble for the site by instead offending an entire religion.

47671[/snapback]

I got that, just trying to avoid a bit of legal trouble for the site by instead offending an entire religion.

47674[/snapback]

Ah reet, I thought you were just being tangential :crylaughin::o

Shepherd seems to have a thing about Woodgate to the extent that the Official Website is still running stories about him scoring etc It suggests we might well try and bring him back as some of the papers have been reporting.

Can too much LSD kill you anyway? Not that I'd like to find out like.

47673[/snapback]

Depends on whether you are Sid Barrett or not.

Of course it can. LSD is mild version of strychnine poisoning.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD:

LSD is, by weight, one of the most potent drugs yet discovered. Both subjective reports and pharmacological methods such as receptor binding assays determine LSD to be, per mole, around 100 times more potent than psilocybin and psilocin and around 4000 times more potent than mescaline. Dosages of LSD are measured in micrograms (µg), or millionths of a gram. By comparison, dosages of almost all other drugs, both recreational and medical, are measured in milligrams, or thousandths of a gram.

The dosage level that will produce a threshold hallucinogenic effect in humans is generally considered to be 25 micrograms, with the drug's effects becoming markedly more evident at higher dosages. In the late 1990s, LSD obtained during drug law enforcement operations in the United States has usually ranged between 20 and 80 micrograms per dose. During the 1960s, dosages were commonly 300 micrograms or more. Dosages by frequent users can be as high as 1200 micrograms, although such a high dosage may precipitate unpleasant physical and psychological reactions.

Estimates for the lethal dosage (LD50) of LSD range from 200 micrograms per kilogram to more than 1000 micrograms per kilogram of human body-weight, though most sources report that there are no known human cases of such an overdose. Other sources note one report of a suspected fatal overdose of LSD in which there were indications that ~1/3 of a gram (320 mg or 320,000 µg) had been injected intravenously, i.e., over 3,000 more typical oral doses of ~100 µg had been injected.