FM09 - Newcastle All English Challenge

Scottish Mag

Have started a new game (well 2) with the challenge of creating an all English Newcastle United. Does anyone fancy giving it a shot?

You have the first season/12 months (3 transfer windows) to sell off all your non English players and create an All English squad.

For the first season you may play non-English players but after that season you should not field anyone who isn't English.

All signings that are made should be English (No signing any other nationalities which could then be sold on..)

If you fail to get rid of any players already on the books by the start of the 2nd season you must stick them in your reserves until they are sold/out of contract.

Much like the players your coaching team should all be English too by the start of 2nd season

I am also doing a Scottish Mags challenge to see if I can field a Scottish squad Newcastle team, though I do think it will probably get relegated :D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed Bullard and Colin Kazim so far. Beye, Cacapa and Krul the only ones out the door!

Is that the Colin Kazim who plays for Turkey? :devil:

Aye counts as English on the game though. :yahoo:

EDIT: My game didn't save anyway! :o

So far it's Bullard in and Cacapa/Beye/Krul/Geremi/N'Zogbia for a total of £24m!

I've been stopped from doing transfers because there's a potential takeover and it's the fucking 10th of August, no chance!

Edited by Besty

Clubs been bought by Li Lei but he hasn't given me anymore money for transfers, got loads of injuries, sold quite a few players and only have £13m to spend and it's the 28th of August!

Edited by Besty

Clubs been bought by Li Lei but he hasn't given me anymore money for transfers, got loads of injuries, sold quite a few players and only have £13m to spend and it's the 28th of August!

im looking like getting llambias again :devil:

I'm in but I will not start until Thursday next week due to exams.

'If you fail to get rid of any players already on the books by the start of the 2nd season you must stick them in your reserves until they are sold/out of contract.'

So you can't even keep the English players already on the books or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

'If you fail to get rid of any players already on the books by the start of the 2nd season you must stick them in your reserves until they are sold/out of contract.'

So you can't even keep the English players already on the books or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

English players are fine I think its just non-english players.

English players are fine I think its just non-english players.

Correct

Season 08/09

With the lack of English players willing to come to Newcastle at the start of the game I Just get rid of a few bodies and see how I fared with the current squad given that I could increase their value and sell them on at the next transfer window.

transfersseason1copy.jpg

January approached and still the number/quality of English players was not great and as I was sitting in the top 4 my current squad was appearing to do a great job for me. I went on to finish 3rd in the league but left myself a very very busy summer of 09 reshaping the whole squad.

leaguetable0809.jpg

Season 09/10

Whilst my players values had shot up, with the rules of the challenge I had to accept less than I would have liked on a number of players. I spent big money on Young, Agbonlahor and Lescott and have signed up a number young up and coming players to fill out my squad. I just hope the major overhaul of the squad does not affect my season.

transfersseason2.jpg

I'm in a relegation battle here, I've pissed off all my foreign players by trying to sell them, Owen hasn't scored yet and it's nearly Christmas for fucks sake.

Been taken over by some bloke called Nathan Brook, who has said he will put some finance in but as yet has done sweet fuck all.

Edited by Greg